ARTS: Poetry, fiction, and essay. Out of the maddness of Pain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tai Shi
    • Oct 2014

It's not worthwhile to spend myriad hours reminiscing about one's pain knowing there are some solutions to intense feelings. We expect too much of medicine and science. Right now I have a used prescription left off from a shower, so I need to keep calm while Marjorie, meaning Pearl, works in the house; she can help me latter as now she's doing household chores, so an old, reliable medical method applied to my back is gone. I do need help from my wife or my brother or his friend, or even a nurse. I have found that by carefully placing my mouth parted with lips covering the orifice, I can remain somewhat pain free for an hour or two, and if I combine this with deep breathing, I can proceed for a few more hours. I must consciously use the deep breathing, as I am now, and combine with release of tension and lean back in my chair, I might continue, and I also use a cream, non-prescription, recommended by my pharmacist. These are only a few methods, and there is also the application of ice to my neck and back, actually for 20 minutes about four or five times a day. So, all these methods require no doctor's script. And, finally my wife finishes taking out the trash, comes in and applies needed prescription method and I'm ready for the day, latter more Shikantaza.
    Tai Shi
    sat
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 12-10-2019, 04:33 PM. Reason: careful clarification, and spelling
    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Tai Shi
      • Oct 2014

I often feel like the lone wolf in these pages! Try reading or responding to the demands of being a writer or poet!
      Tai Shi
      sat
      Gassho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tai Shi
        • Oct 2014

What more could I say?

Comment

• Jishin
          • Oct 2012

Wonderful photos Tai Shi.

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Comment

• Heiso
            • Jan 2019

Thank you for sharing, Tai Shi

Gassho,

Neil

StLah

Comment

• Tai Shi
              • Oct 2014

Pain under control—even with large family gatherings! This time or year, Jewish, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Kwanzaa, all who celebrate the unknowable. I have no pain! Highly unusual, thank you all of my friends on Treeleaf Zendo
              Taishi
              sat
              Gassho
              12-25-19
              Deep Bows

Comment

• Onka
                • May 2019

Originally posted by Tai Shi
                Pain under control—even with large family gatherings! This time or year, Jewish, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Kwanzaa, all who celebrate the unknowable. I have no pain! Highly unusual, thank you all of my friends on Treeleaf Zendo
                Taishi
                sat
                Gassho
                12-25-19
                Deep Bows

It sounds as though this time of year with family, celebration and reflection is a time that is working out really well for you my friend. The photos of a couple of days ago are beautiful. You have a terrific ability to capture your own heart be it in words or photos.
                Be well comrade
                Gassho
                Anna
                stlah
                穏 On (Calm)
                火 Ka (Fires)
                They/She.

Comment

• Tai Shi
                  • Oct 2014

Poetry, fiction, and essay. Out of the maddness of Pain

Anna, you are carefully praising, thank you for praise!!!
                  Tai Shi
                  sat
                  Gassho

Comment

• Tai Shi
                    • Oct 2014

Comment

• Tai Shi
                      • Oct 2014

Anna you are still my compatriot. Recovery is possible! Several years ago I was told I would just have to learn to live with my pain. Not necessarily so. What I’m finding is that not dwelling in the place of pain. Leave it alone and it just sits way back there. Just b my thought. Let yourself deep listen to others, and just not post or say the words about any health situation. Just for me, maybe it’s no one’s business. Just my family and they’ve forbidden me to use these words. Does wonders for my disposition.
                      Taishi
                      sat
                      Gassho

Comment

• Tai Shi
                        • Oct 2014

But as always what works for me is individual to me!!! Others must decide the direction of their own treatment in counsel with their provider. When I saw my Primary provider, a man I e known and trusted about 15 years, well, I say that we decided that the best way to treat some of my sensations is to chalk them up to old age, and he is just a little younger than me, will retire at age 65, this year about 2 yrs away, so he has some of my reactions to getting older. Our bodies are just older, not discounting my serious conditions, we’ll some feelings just come with my age. So I’m better knowing reasons!
                        Taishi
                        Deep bows
                        Gassho

Comment

• Tai Shi
                          • Oct 2014

Actually I not ready for death because of great days like today and always meant for the Precept to respect and care for life our precious first great Precept which rescues us from nasty decisions and that which harms or forces wrongful delusions so sorry that I didn't pay attention to the Buddha and the Dharma and compassionate Sangha where I find strength and care for difficult pain and days when I don't feel sorry for myself and that isn't often these days. I have come along way with my teacher and my daughter and my wife and all beings in our friendship and Heart in our Treeleaf Sangha. All who visit this thread may you find strength and peace here.
                          Tai Shi
                          SAT
                          GASSHO
                          DEEP BOWS

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tai Shi
                            • Oct 2014

My invitation now and EVER be more than fear, pain, or insult. I started this thread to invite fiction and essay that means made up prose, and real prose. We can be positive here as Jundo might say, "All of Life." This as for my daughter Laurel, who specifically studies Japanese literature assures me, there are a great man and woman Zen essaists and fiction writers, as well as Poetry, and we have already invited many writers of prose to speak at special Zazenkai, so I invite the non-poetery for ALL members of our Sangha. I know that much that I have written deals here with the caldron of FIRE. However there is my autumn trees even across from our home which might beg description in color, shape, smell, or touch, much delight. Perhaps Jundo will relinquish requirements here for diatribes of story, descripction, classification. Description, Full narratives made up or not and even argument positive as it can be. This is not specifically place for poetry, but for prose. I INVITE YOU HERE TO WRITER YOUR HEART, the old universal varities of the human heart. Come on, let's be creative here? Go on write,

Gassho
                            sat/ lah
                            Deep Bows
                            TAI SHI, Tai Shi
                            Last edited by Tai Shi; 10-05-2020, 02:30 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar

Comment

Working...