Thread: Sitting with everything, or: where am I sitting?

Sitting with everything, or: where am I sitting?

While sitting zazen, I experienced what I want to share with you.
    Sometimes I sit. Sometimes there's sitting, but where am I?
    Where I can draw a line between me and the outside? Why do we discriminate our perception to "mine" and "not mine"?
    So we perceive the sound of a car driving by as outside, but the heart beat in our chest as mine... We see the thoughts passing by in our inner horizon and feel it's ours but the birds chirping outside ain't ours.. itching skin, pain in the knee is mine... Where do we end? With our skin? Where do we end and the cushion begins? Can we say a clear tactile information of our skin is ours? But when we touch the table, we receive also some information we identify as "the other".. at least, we cannot be seperate from the environment.. we are not standing alone...there's always environment, even if it changes...but also what we call me is changing... The air we breath is not seperate from us, the sounds of other perceptions we perceive, appear inside our conciousness.. so is everything we do a result appearing in the world of our awareness, the love we bring into the world or the unwholesome actions that manifest... How can we act egoic, for our own profit when we do not end at the borders of our body?

Gassho

Ben

Stlah

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Horin; 09-30-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hishiryo View Post
    While sitting zazen, I experienced what I want to share with you.
    Sometimes I sit. Sometimes there's sitting, but where am I?
    Where I can draw a line between me and the outside? Why do we discriminate our perception to "mine" and "not mine"?
    So we perceive the sound of a car driving by as outside, but the heart beat in our chest as mine... We see the thoughts passing by in our inner horizon and feel it's ours but the birds chirping outside ain't ours.. itching skin, pain in the knee is mine... Where do we end? With our skin? Where do we end and the cushion begins? Can we say a clear tactile information of our skin is ours? But when we touch the table, we receive also some information we identify as "the other".. at least, we cannot be seperate from the environment.. we are not standing alone...there's always environment, even if it changes...but also what we call me is changing... The air we breath is not seperate from us, the sounds of other perceptions we perceive, appear inside our conciousness.. so is everything we do a result appearing in the world of our awareness, the love we bring into the world or the unwholesome actions that manifest... How can we act egoic, for our own profit when we do not end at the borders of our body?

Gassho

Ben

Stlah

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk