Thread: Sticky: Zazen Sitting with Sekishi and Seikan (Mo,Tu,We,Th,Su)

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

Sticky: Zazen Sitting with Sekishi and Seikan (Mo,Tu,We,Th,Su)

Hello all,

This thread is for notes / updates about Zazen sittings in Treeleaf NOW Scheduled Sitting Room at:
    9:30pm Eastern, 8:30pm Central, 7:30pm Mountain, 6:30pm Pacific, 5:30pm Alaska.

These are hosted by myself on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday, and Seikan on Tuesday and Wednesday.

For more details (including a timezone-converter / selector) see the calendar on Treeleaf NOW: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Last edited by Sekishi; 01-18-2021 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Updated with Seikan.
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Sekishi and Shonin,

Iím back

Good to see you again after my summer of sits outside with skunks, rattlers and most recently mosquitoes. Glad the scheduled sits continue, thanks for that. itís all good and I will adapt to the flow.

Doshin
    St

Okay, I plan to be there with bells on.

gassho
    shonin sat today/lah and appreciates the heck out of this sangha _()_
    Visiting unsui, take with salt. तस्माद् अस्तित्वनास्तित्वे नाश्रीयेत विचक्षणः।

Sekishi,

I thank you for hosting these sittings. I attended tonight and am new to the community.
    I hope to attend many more in the near future.

Gassho,
    Brianna Jolie
    Sat Today

Is there anything i need to know about sitting besides the blurb on Treeleaf NOW page about etiquette? Not sure how things are done nowadays.
    Dave
    SAT/LAH

Sorry, Shonin, just now seeing this. It looks like you are doing everything "right."

gassho
    doyu shonin sat/lah today

Beginning tomorrow, January 19 (on my side of the dateline, anyway) I will bow out from hosting the Tuesday and Wednesday 9:30 pm Eastern Time sits, and Seikan has graciously agreed to take up the role. _()_

gassho
    doyu shonin sat and lah today

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shōnin Risa Bear View Post
    Beginning tomorrow, January 19 (on my side of the dateline, anyway) I will bow out from hosting the Tuesday and Wednesday 9:30 pm Eastern Time sits, and Seikan has graciously agreed to take up the role. _()_
    Thank you so much for your practice and hosting sittings these past years. Boundless gratitude for your presence, your smile, and your fine example to us all!

Starting this week, dear Dōyū Shōnin will be hosting sittings on Zoom with Bird Haven Zendo. As she stated above, the Tuesday and Wednesday night sittings will be hosted by Seikan (whom you knew as RobD until Jukai this weekend).

Deep bows to all,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you, Shonin (Risa) for your hosting, and it is hard to burn the (altar) candle at both ends. Thank you Seikan for keeping the candle burning.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Shonin Risa Bear for bringing your wisdom and wonderful smile to leading our SSR meetings . Metta and best wishes for your new venture.
    Thank you too Seikan! I look forward to you taking up the mantle...you'll be great!

Gassho, Yokai (Chris) sat/lah

Shonin Risa Bear you will be greatly missed and Thank You for all you've done for us here at Treeleaf. I hope to see you in the forums and hope you'll be able to sit with us at a different time. Thank You Seikan for taking over, I look forward to sitting with you.

Gassho
    John - Heitou
    SatToday
    Heitou
    平桃

I'm eternally grateful for the example that Shonin has set with her wise and serene presence, and luckily, she has promised to continue to sit with us as often as possible. (Yay!)

It is my sincere honor and pleasure to help free up some time on her very busy schedule.

Gassho,
    Seikan (RobD)

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)