Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Sit with Washin and Shugen

Thank you Onkai for your attentiveness, and careful leading. I am learning as I go along not to rush and constantly sit with Verse of Atonement, siting with Four Vows. May we be blessed safety.
    Deep bows
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    Thank you to the friends who joined the Sunday Sit. I hope you have a great week and a great year.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    thank you for leading, Onkai.

gasso2

aprapti

sat

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on January 9 beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

The format for the sit will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Kinhin 10 minutes
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Please feel free to join for all or just a portion.

Anyone wishing to chant please post on this thread.

Gassho,
    Shugen & Washin
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thank you, Shugen and friends for today's Sunday Sit. I hope everyone has a great week!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Though I have missed today, I will try to find today's Tonglen video. Thank you all. I do not believe there is a Sunday Sit Video, so I will sit alone this afternoon.
    Gassho
    sat/lah
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 01-09-2022 at 08:41 PM. Reason: addition

Hello everyone,

Kindly note there'll be NO sitting tomorrow.
    Instead, you are all invited to witness and celebrate the forthcoming Jukai ceremony!

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on January 23 beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Kinhin 10 minutes
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho,
    Shugen & Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching

Bows to all

Gassho
    Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Thank you, Washin, Shugen, and friends, for the Sunday Sit.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on January 30 beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Kinhin 10 minutes
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho,
    Shugen & Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

This is my first time joining the zazenkai. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to join you in the zazenkais to come.

Gassho,
    Raymund
    Sat/Lah

Welcome Raymund!

Thank you everyone for sharing the practice.

Bows to all.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Welcome, Raymund. Thank you, Washin and friends for the Sunday Sit. Have a great week!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

I’m grateful for sitting this morning and Kinhin. I lef a little early to attend a service for Thich Nhat Hanh.
    Gassho
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on February 6th beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

This time we will sit in the shorter format which is:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho,
    Shugen, Washin
    ST-Lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Thank you, Shugen and friends, for sitting together.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on February 13 beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Kinhin 10 minutes
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho,
    Shugen & Washin
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thank you, Shugen and friends. It was wonderful to sit together. I hope everyone has a great week!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you for today's Sunday sit. I wish all a great week as well!

Gassho,
    Matthias

SatTodayLaH

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on February 20 beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Kinhin 10 minutes
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho,
    Shugen & Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Thank you everyone for the Sunday Sit dedicated to world peace. I hope everyone has a wonderful and peaceful week.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Bows to all.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Sunday Sit with Washin and Shugen

Washin I was not at Sunday sit today but I promise to be there next week but as it was announced I thought of you and you country. Maybe friends are less complicated than loving country, life, and friendship that we cannot see. I was preoccupied with a selfish matter. Maybe I can offer, I will be there next week.
    Gassho
    Deep bows
    sat/ lah

Last edited by Tai Shi; 02-21-2022 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    Washin I was not at Sunday sit today but I promise to be there next week but as it was announced I thought of you and you country. Maybe friends are less complicated than loving country, life, and friendship that we cannot see. I was preoccupied with a selfish matter. Maybe I can offer, I will be there next week.
    Gassho
    Deep bows
    sat/ lah

Thank you, Tai Shi Feel free to join in the sit whenever you are up to.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on February 27 beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Kinhin 10 minutes
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho,
    Washin & Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

I will be with you, and thank you.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah

Thank you, Shugen and friends, for the Sunday Sit. The dedication was especially meaningful today. To the peace of the world and the wisdom of our leaders.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on March 6th beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

This time we will sit in the shorter format which is:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho,
    Shugen, Washin
    ST-Lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Thank you, so much, Washin, for showing up and chanting the Heart Sutra in Ukrainian, as well as the Verse of Atonement and the Four Vows. I'm glad to practice with you and also that so many others joined in support. I wish you peace and safety. I am sending you and all of Ukraine metta.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Sunday Sit with Washin and Shugen

Loving Kindness you and your family and friends. May safety for your help for helping us understand. Peace soon to you and your people. And all of us! We are one people of loving kindness.
    Gassho
    Deep Bows
    sat/lah

Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-06-2022 at 11:49 PM.

I was glad to be able to join all of you this morning. Thank you Washin and for all who practice.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

gassho
    ds SAT today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you and deep bows to all.

stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

I am going to announce that this Sunday sit will continue with Washin, so long as the internet and circumstances allow ... which is hopefully a long time. So, you may get some visitors from time to time in the coming weeks too.

Thank you all for a so meaningful event. May our next such event be to celebrate the Russian army going back home, wishing them safe travels and peace on the road back to Moscow.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I am going to announce that this Sunday sit will continue with Washin, so long as the internet and circumstances allow ... which is hopefully a long time. So, you may get some visitors from time to time in the coming weeks too.

Thank you all for a so meaningful event. May our next such event be to celebrate the Russian army going back home, wishing them safe travels and peace on the road back to Moscow.

Gassho, J

STLah
    May it be so.

Deep Bows

meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Let there be peace
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

*We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World*

Hello everyone,

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on March 13th beginning at 7 am Los Angeles time, 10 am New York time, 4 pm Kyiv time.

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

This time we will recite the Heart Sutra in Russian.

Gassho,
    Shugen, Washin
    ST-Lah
    Last edited by Washin; 03-13-2022 at 05:47 AM.
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

I am so glad that you are here, Washin.

I will be announcing again to the wider Zen Sangha, so there will likely be quite a few people again to support the Ukraine Sangha and Washin.

Gassho, J

STLah

I will join you to sit for Peace, this Sunday and after.

Doshin
    St

Deep Bows, Washin.

Gassho2, meian st
    My life is my temple and my practice.

I am so glad that you are here, Washin.

I will be announcing again to the wider Zen Sangha, so there will likely be quite a few people again to support the Ukraine Sangha and Washin.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Thank you, Jundo

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    This time we will recite the Heart Sutra in Russian.
    This has rather impressed me, I hope someday the whole world could behave in such a way. I struggle to. Thank you for doing it for us. Please stay safe. See you on Sunday.

Gassho from Berlin,
    ./sat
    Neil

Thank you, Washin, I'll be there.
    Gassho
    sat/lah

Just a note that I have created a special section for Washin's sittings, which will continue there each Sunday so long as this madness continues and conditions permit. Hopefully, peace and sanity will soon be restored, and we will not need any special section or sittings.

Sunday Zazen for Peace, with Washin in Ukraine

Our Rev. Washin will host a special Zazen Sitting every Sunday, so long as need and conditions allow, for Peace, Children and the Injured, supporting the Ukrainian Sangha, live from Odessa

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/foru...hin-in-Ukraine

The time, place and way of connecting, etc., is exactly the same as for this 'Sunday Sit with Shugen and Washin.'

Gassho, J

STLah

I had to amend today's sitting format in the above OP from two zazens by 30 minutes and kinhin
    to single zazen of 40 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    I had to amend today's sitting format in the above OP from two zazens by 30 minutes and kinhin
    to single zazen of 40 minutes.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Might I suggest, Washin, that you keep the Heart Sutra, 1 Zazen of 40 minutes, Verses and Vows format each coming week too?

That is what I announced to folks on facebook and elsewhere. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Gassho, Jundo

Might I suggest, Washin, that you keep the Heart Sutra, 1 Zazen of 40 minutes, Verses and Vows format each coming week too?

That is what I announced to folks on facebook and elsewhere. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Gassho, Jundo
    Yes, Jundo, we may keep this short format as suggested.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

In addition please note that sitting is anchored to EET which is 4 pm Kyiv time
    even if the calendar now shows me 3 pm due to a change of time in the US.
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast