Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: KYONIN (and Jundo's) TRAVEL DIARY in JAPAN

Two photos of Kyonin as I sent him back to his home world today ...

delete kyonin astronaut 1.jpgdelete kyonin astronaut 2.jpg

(Actually, those were taken a few weeks ago, when we visited the headquarters of the Japanese Space Agency, which is also headquarted here in Tsukuba).

Kyonin should now be getting ready to board his plane, which departs in about an hour. I hope he got his curry rice!

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Two photos of Kyonin as I sent him back to his home world today ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/atta...8&d=1571113694
    Kyonin should now be getting ready to board his plane, which departs in about an hour.
    Ad Astra, Kyonin!

Gassho
    Washin
    ST
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you for taking us along on this journey. Homeward bound now Kyonin, flying through the endlessly spacious sky.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Thank you for sharing this trip and i'm glad you made it in one piece!

Gassho,

Neil

StLah

Wonderful!

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

I have just received word that Kyonin has made it safely home. He will post greetings tomorrow, as he is exhausted!

The Japanese people send him this final message: Kyonin, Regrese pronto a Japón! ... come back soon! (My wife took this from the monitor when she was volunteering at the Opening Ceremony of the Japan National Olympics three weeks ago ... about 200 Japanese folks dancing traditional Mexican folk songs)

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; Yesterday at 01:55 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Glad he’s home safely.
    Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Grateful for your practice

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I have just received word that Kyonin has made it safely home. He will post greetings tomorrow, as he is exhausted!

The Japanese people send him this final message: Kyonin, Regrese pronto a Japón! ... come back soon! ....

Gassho, J

STLah
    Which one's Dani?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Tapatalk
    Life's too serious to be taken seriously.
    No Gods No Masters.

Very glad to hear he's home soon. What a trip!

Gassho,

Neil

StLah

Gassho

Stlah
    Ben

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I'm back home. I got here yesterday, but I was very tired due to lack of sleep on the flight back. But I am now back at my desk and taking it really easy for the following days.

So my last few hours in Tsukuba were a little hectic because I needed to pack everything up, have breakfast, do the farewell zazenkai and go to the station to hop onto the bus bound for the airport. I wasn't really aware of what it all meant until I saw Jundo bowing good bye to me:

IMG_20191015_101645.jpg

With this it finally hit me. The adventure was about to end! Tons of emotions got to me because being with Jundo and his family felt so natural and right that saying goodbye was not even a possibility in my mind.

On the way to the airport I felt really sad... maybe a couple of tears showed up.

I got in good time to the airport, I check in my luggage and went to get my last Japanese lunch. Since I love curry and ton katsu, I found a place where they have both in the same plate. It was a huge lunch, but worth it:

IMG_20191015_123934.jpg

Now I need time to process everything I saw and learned while at the same time trying to adapt back to regular life and slowly get back to work. I want to take a break from everything and then go back to this thread and all the photos I took to put all the memories in order.

Thank you all for your support and your love.

Also I want to thank Jundo's family for their patience and for making me feel at home.

Finally, thank you Jundo. For all the time I took from your life to teach me and to designing all the trip. I know this trip is changing a lot of things in my life already.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us, Kyonin! I'm glad to hear you made it back home safely

Gassho,

Sen
    SatToday|LAH
    "Air stays fresh when it’s moving."

I'm so happy for you Kyonin, in a way it's as if you did this trip for all of us, it felt so real to me.
    Thank you both and Jundo's family and wow that lunch looks so good!
    Now rest up a little bit, there must be so much to process.

Gassho
    Meitou
    satwithyoualltodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

This was so wonderful, I agree Meitou it's like it was all of us together going to Japan! It's been enthralling from start to finish. Deep bows.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

I am glad to hear you are safely home Kyonin! It was so wonderful to follow along with you here.

Gassho,

Junkyo
    SAT

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat. LAH.

Kyonin, I'm glad to hear you're back home safely.
    Looking forward to more of your stories and pics about
    this wonderful trip

Gassho
    Washin
    SAT
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.