Thread: How-to - Change Forum Date Format

How-to - Change Forum Date Format

I'm always confused with the date format on the forum in a web browser. vBulletin is software from an American company, so it makes sense that it uses MDY as the default format, but almost everywhere else in the world uses a version of DMY or YMD. For me the date gets more confusing towards the end of the year as the month gets bigger and it's not immediately obvious which number is the day. I'd be nice to have an option in settings to choose a format, or at least have it spell the month out in letters so it's not so ambiguous.

It looks there might already be an established way to do this: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=303431 I'm not sure if it works or if it is compatible with the version we are currently running though. If it's time consuming it might not be worth it, but I figured I might as well bring it up in case it'd be easy to implement. Thanks for keeping this place running!

Gassho

Nanrin

Sat today
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-30-2019 at 04:52 AM.

You are not alone in your confusion in how Americans express the date. I find it very confusing too.

I prefer YYMMDD personally

Tairin
    Sat today

Actual Zen calendar ...

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanrin View Post
    It looks there might already be an established way to do this: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=303431 I'm not sure if it works or if it is compatible with the version we are currently running though. If it's time consuming it might not be worth it, but I figured I might as well bring it up in case it'd be easy to implement. Thanks for keeping this place running!
    This looks like it will work with our version of vBulletin. There is one issue that will keep us from running it as presented, but I'll see if I can confer with the proper folks to get it worked out (e.g. it might take a little while before I can test it, but I will give it a try).

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.