Thread: Temple stay with my family.

Temple stay with my family.

Hi

I am at summer holiday.

And we stay at temple.

Not so very hard working ,but my son also help us.

Not so many temple accept to stay ,but here we stay by donation.

Zendo.

Room

How do you think about this style?

Gassho
    Sat today
    Lah
    Kakunen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.K - I am so very happy to see you are with family!!! So important for Dad and Son to have time!

Gassho,
    Geoff.

SatToday
    LaH.
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Hi Kakunen!

The temple looks very beautiful. I hope you enjoy your stay and your son.

Have a great summer.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Looks beautiful, Mr. K.

So glad you can stay with your family.

Lovely temple! Thank you for sharing.

Gassho2
    Kim
    St lh

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Simple and neat. Looking great.
    Thank you for sharing, Kakunen. Enjoy your time with family!

Gassho,
    Washin
    sat today
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakunen View Post
    Hi

I am at summer holiday.

And we stay at temple.

Not so very hard working ,but my son also help us.

Not so many temple accept to stay ,but here we stay by donation.

Zendo.

Room

How do you think about this style?

Gassho
    Sat today
    Lah
    Kakunen

I love the look of the Temple Kakunen. I hope you enjoy spending time with your Son.
    My partner and I are in the process of donating many things we don't need to charity groups. We believe that sharing by donation is better than selling things.
    Your English is becoming very good.
    Be well comrade.
    Gassho
    Anna

Sat today/Lent a hand.
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Lovely Zendo, Kakunen! I really like the simple style. Enjoy the time with your son. I hope he loves it there.

My youngest daughter (who will be 14 on Saturday) is going to a Theravadin monastery with her mother for a week. She took precepts there last summer: https://www.amaravati.org/

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Hi Kakunen,

It's a really beautiful place. I can almost smell the wood from here.
    The style of the room is a little... sparse. Like the only furniture or decoration I can see is a can of some kind of spray lol
    What do you sleep on?

Gassho,
    Kevin
    S@2Day

Kakunen,
    Thanks for sharing. It looks like a beautiful place. Enjoy the time with your son.

Gassho
    STlah
    James

Hi Kakunen,

It looks very clean and clear. Like a place where you can breathe deeply.

I hope your time there and with your son is wonderful.

Thank you for sharing this with me.

Gassho
    krissy
    sat today/lah
    Thank you for teaching me.

I am very much a beginner and appreciate any words you may give me.

Hi

Temple head try to some Lah.

Kind of Lah project.Sorry in Japanese .

https://www.iza.ne.jp/smp/kiji/life/...080035-s1.html

Here is simple place.

Not so many temple help others,this is fact.

LAH Sat today
    Gassho
    Kakunen

Hi Kakunen,

I'm glad to hear you managed to get some time with your son.

The temple looks lovely.

Gassho,

Neil

StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kakunen View Post
    Hi

Temple head try to some Lah.

Kind of Lah project.Sorry in Japanese .

https://www.iza.ne.jp/smp/kiji/life/...080035-s1.html

Here is simple place.

Not so many temple help others,this is fact.

LAH Sat today
    Gassho
    Kakunen

It's terrible that systems of oppression whether caste or capitalism stand in the way of people being able to live in a world of freedom and equality.
    The result we see here in the story of someone fighting for their right to an education and quality healthcare.
    I'm glad the Temple you are staying in is like the Treeleaf Sangha Jundo has created in that generousity of any kind is seen as a fundamental part of our daily practice.
    I'm glad you have found this Temple Kakunen and hope you are enjoying time with your family.

Gassho
    Anna

Sat today/Lent a hand
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

I looked, and it appears to be reputable as the priest from Tentokuji actually visited the girl. I went ahead to polish the translation of the document if it is helpful to his efforts ...

================

Appeal for Support for a Girl in India's Poorest District facing the Danger of Death by Chiba Temple Head
    Sankei newspaper

The girl is Dolti Kumari (16). She lives in the Sujata district, which is considered the poorest region in Bihar, northeastern India. The family makes a living in agriculture and is said to be the lowest rank of the caste system that remains in Indian society.

Amid this, Dolti had a tumor in her right ankle since her childhood that grew larger as she grew up. However, she was unable to receive satisfactory medical examinations and treatments, and the disease was virtually neglected.

Still, Dolti was positive and was trying to open up her future by studying at the free school, the “Premametta School,” run by Yuko Momose, a Japanese who married a local man.

When she was 10 years old, the tumor worsened and it became difficult to walk, but she continued to go to school in a rear car bike with the help of friends [see photo]. Four years ago, a Brazilian man who knew of her plight extended his helping hand and performed an ankle amputation. However, the cause of the tumor was in the abdomen, and now a large tumor has formed from the ankle up.

It also affected the digestive organs, and she could not eat much, causing her to become thinner and thinner, making it impossible to attend school.

"Even though she had difficulty in walking, she was always smiling and smiling, and tried to attend school." Ms. Momose said that as the girl's problems grew, she started to ask for donations with Rev. Seison Futagami, the resident Priest of Tentokuji temple [in Chiba, Japan], who has been supporting the poor in India for many years. Detailed surgical methods and costs are yet to be determined, but costs are expected to reach nearly 3 million yen (about $30,000 US), including rehabilitation and artificial legs.

Futagami went to the site last December and visited Dolti. At that point, she was very thin and the family seemed to be unable to do anything and had lost hope. However, Dolti says that she wants to walk outside without being laughed by people, and she wants to go to school and study again.

Rev. Futagami appealed for support, saying, "I want to give the motivated Dolti a light of hope."

Dolti went to school in a bike like this with the help of friends, as walking was difficult

The leg was swollen with a tumor making it difficult to walk, then amputated from the ankle.

Dolti, with family

There are other graphic photos of her leg on the site
    https://www.iza.ne.jp/smp/kiji/life/...080035-p1.html

There is bank information for donations in Japan, but I don't see a way to do so overseas. [Kakunen, any idea?]

I do see that the school mentioned looks like it is doing wonderful charity work, and has an English page.

https://premamettaschool.org/about-us/

Gassho, J
    STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-13-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Perhaps we could send donations to Kakunen and he could make them on our behalf.

Gassho,
    Kevin
    S@2Day

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M View Post
    Perhaps we could send donations to Kakunen and he could make them on our behalf.

Gassho,
    Kevin
    S@2Day

I will try to seek,kind of donation for LAH.

I think I need to talk with Jundo.This is my opinion,because me and Jundo talk by phone and Email.

Gassho
    Sat today
    LAH
    kakunen

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I looked, and it appears to be reputable as the priest from Tentokuji actually visited the girl. I went ahead to polish the translation of the document if it is helpful to his efforts ...

================

Appeal for Support for a Girl in India's Poorest District facing the Danger of Death by Chiba Temple Head
    Sankei newspaper

The girl is Dolti Kumari (16). She lives in the Sujata district, which is considered the poorest region in Bihar, northeastern India. The family makes a living in agriculture and is said to be the lowest rank of the caste system that remains in Indian society.

Amid this, Dolti had a tumor in her right ankle since her childhood that grew larger as she grew up. However, she was unable to receive satisfactory medical examinations and treatments, and the disease was virtually neglected.

Still, Dolti was positive and was trying to open up her future by studying at the free school, the “Premametta School,” run by Yuko Momose, a Japanese who married a local man.

When she was 10 years old, the tumor worsened and it became difficult to walk, but she continued to go to school in a rear car bike with the help of friends [see photo]. Four years ago, a Brazilian man who knew of her plight extended his helping hand and performed an ankle amputation. However, the cause of the tumor was in the abdomen, and now a large tumor has formed from the ankle up.

It also affected the digestive organs, and she could not eat much, causing her to become thinner and thinner, making it impossible to attend school.

"Even though she had difficulty in walking, she was always smiling and smiling, and tried to attend school." Ms. Momose said that as the girl's problems grew, she started to ask for donations with Rev. Seison Futagami, the resident Priest of Tentokuji temple [in Chiba, Japan], who has been supporting the poor in India for many years. Detailed surgical methods and costs are yet to be determined, but costs are expected to reach nearly 3 million yen (about $30,000 US), including rehabilitation and artificial legs.

Futagami went to the site last December and visited Dolti. At that point, she was very thin and the family seemed to be unable to do anything and had lost hope. However, Dolti says that she wants to walk outside without being laughed by people, and she wants to go to school and study again.

Rev. Futagami appealed for support, saying, "I want to give the motivated Dolti a light of hope."

Dolti went to school in a bike like this with the help of friends, as walking was difficult

The leg was swollen with a tumor making it difficult to walk, then amputated from the ankle.

Dolti, with family

There are other graphic photos of her leg on the site
    https://www.iza.ne.jp/smp/kiji/life/...080035-p1.html

There is bank information for donations in Japan, but I don't see a way to do so overseas. [Kakunen, any idea?]

I do see that the school mentioned looks like it is doing wonderful charity work, and has an English page.

https://premamettaschool.org/about-us/

Gassho, J
    STLah
    Now I ask Head monk about helping.Please wait.

Gassho
    Sat today
    Lah
    Kakunen