Thread: Meet The Woman Who Feels No Pain ...

Meet The Woman Who Feels No Pain ...

... and seems to feel no stress, no fear and to be in a perpetual good mood ... due to a mutation in her DNA (but the absence of pain is also very dangerous, as you might guess).

My new book (just finished the manuscript), "ZEN of the FUTURE!" discusses how our DNA may be altered to achieve such effects for all of us when appropriate (e.g., for sufferers of chronic pain).

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I've noted this for more research at another time. Have not been well recently.

Thank you

Kim
    St

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Fascinating. So many possibilities with research. NO Stress! No anger! No depression!
    And I can't help myself 'well Faah-out!' (does that date me?)
    Thanks for posting again Jundo.

bows

Anne
    ~st~

I wanted to post it in the thread for my new book that I am currently finishing the manuscript for ... ZEN of the FUTURE! ... because it is about how future medical discoveries and mucking about with our DNA may impact aspects of Zen practice and what is sought from that. This woman may be the Rosetta Stone of that kind of research.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Interesting point is that, according to the doctor, she also benefits from accelerated wound healing. I wonder if her cells are in better condition too because of this mutation. The connection between emotional and physical pain that was underscored in this video is something that should receive more attention in contemporary medical science. In other forms of traditional medicine and holistic systems such as yoga this has been a cornerstone for a long time. When people feel emotional tension this is often reflected in body language such as posture, facial expressions, gait, muscle tension etc. Thank you for sharing this Jundo

Gassho,
    Jack
    Sattoday/lah

Thank you Jundo.

Hopefully this will guide science to develop better treatments. I can only imagine how hard life can get for people suffering of chronic pain, for what I see with Sandy (girlfriend) who has fybro.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍