Thread: July 19th-20th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Сердце Сутра

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

July 19th-20th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Сердце Сутра

WE ARE PLANNING TO HAVE WASHIN RECITE THE HEART SUTRA (Сердце Сутра) IN RUSSIAN TODAY (see below)

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, A LINK TO JOIN WILL BE POSTED BELOW IN THIS THREAD ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE START TIME. JUST CLICK AND JOIN. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED::

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please join us in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra (although please keep your microphone muted). You can download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

Not everyone realizes that they can join in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra, Verse of Atonement and Four Vows (although we ask that you keep your microphone down). Please follow along with the Chant Book, and let your voice ring!

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

For all our Russian speakers, a translation of the Heart Sutra (Сердце Сутра) ...

My "Google Translate" had the final words as "This mantra says: “Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate, bodhi, matchmaker!" (сваха)

================

Бодгиссатва Авалокитешвара во время осуществления глубокой праджня-парамиты ясно увидел, что все пять скандх пусты. Тогда он избавился от всех страданий, перейдя на другой берег.

Шарипутра! Чувственно воспринимаемое не отлично от пустоты. Пустота не отлична от чувственно воспринимаемого. Чувственно воспринимаемое — это и есть пустота. Пустота — это и есть чувственно воспринимаемое. Группы чувств, представлений, формирующих факторов и сознания точно таковы же.

Шарипутра! Для всех дхарм пустота — их сущностный признак. Они не рождаются и не гибнут, не загрязняются и не очищаются, не увеличиваются и не уменьшаются.

Поэтому в пустоте нет группы чувственно воспринимаемого, не групп чувства, представлений, формирующих факторов и сознания, нет способностей зрительного, слухового, обонятельного, вкусового, осязательного и умственного восприятия, нет зримого, слышимого, обоняемого, ощущаемого вкусом, осязаемого и нет дхарм; нет ничего от сферы зрительного восприятия и до сферы умственного восприятия.

Нет неведения и нет прекращения неведения, и так вплоть до отсутствия старости и смерти и отсутствия прекращения старости и смерти. Нет страдания, причины страдания, уничтожения страдания и пути, ведущего к прекращению страданий. Нет мудрости и нет обретения, и нет ничего обретаемого.

По той причине, что бодхисаттвы опираются на праджня-парамиту, в их сознании отсутствуют препятствия. А поскольку отсутствуют препятствия, то отсутствует и страх. Они удалили и опрокинули все иллюзии и обрели окончательную нирвану.

Все Будды трех времен по причине опоры на праджня-парамиту обрели аннутара самьяк самбодхи. Посему знай, что праджня-парамита — это великая божественная мантра, это мантра великого пробуждения, это наивысшая мантра, это несравненная мантра, которая может отсечь все страдания; она наделена истинной сутью, а не является пустопорожней. Поэтому и называется она мантрой праджня-парамиты. Эта мантра гласит: “Гате, гате, парагате, парасамгате, бодхи, сваха!
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-19-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Gassho,
    Oleg
    Sat today, Lend a Hand

Wow, that is awesome! I'll be there across space and time.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    See you all soon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Hi guys!

If my dad's internet allows, I'll be live 2 ways.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I will be there, ready to chant.
    I'll recite slightly different version from above though the text is same.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Mp
    Thank you folks .. I will see you live two way. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

I am practicing broken-down-car Zen today. I may be out trying to get my car moved from my work parking lot at the time of zazenkai. Fingers crossed that it is just the battery or the starter...

Gassho, sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Geika View Post
    ... Fingers crossed that it is just the battery or the starter...

Gassho, sat today, lah
    The energy of our Chanting will charge your battery!

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    The energy of our Chanting will charge your battery!

Gassho, J

STLah
    It must have worked from the future because I did get the car to start and have moved it safely home. Hopefully tomorrow it starts again!

I will be joining one-way today. See you all behind the scenes.

Gassho, sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

It is good to be back with Treeleaf.

Hearing the Heart Sutra in the Russian language was a clear reminder that although the Soto Zen Buddhist tradition originated geographically in Nepal, India, China and especially Japan, its essence is universal. May its light continue to illuminate the world.

Thank you, Jundo, for the meaningful and amusing talk, such a teaching is a gift.

Gassho,
    Wuyi
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Intent to be present live.

gassho
    doyu sat/lah today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Thank you, Jundo and Washin. I am looking forward to the zazenkai and hearing the Heart Sutra in Russian. I will join two-way, tech allowing, but my video camera was not working this morning, so it may be one-way tonight.

Gassho,
    Onkai (Warm Sea)
    Sat/LAH

Omg omg omg, I find this so exciting!! I love languages!! Yay!! So cool to see it written in Russian

Gassho
    Kim
    St lh

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

After six weeks in the U.S. I am back in Jakarta and here one-way.

Gassho,
    Wuyi
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Mp
    Lovely, thank you Jundo, Washin, Jakuden, our snakes friends, and everyone ... have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Doshin will enjoy our tribute to the herps tonight I think :-D Thank you everyone!! Beautiful chanting Washin, deep bows.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Thank you Jundo, Washin, Jakuden, and all ... and snakes too.

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

Thank you, Jundo, Washin, and Jakuden. It was a beautiful zazenkai. May all enemies become friends.

Gassho,
    Onkai (Warm Sea)
    Sat/LAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you Jundo, Washin, Jakuden, scaly friends, scary enemies, and all beings.

Also, let us try to find someone who can chant the Heart Sutra in Parseltongue next!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #sssssss
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Jundo, Washin, Jakuden and everyone thanks so much!

gassho
    doyu sat and lah today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Many thanks to Jundo, Washin, Jakuden and snake.

Gassho
    St/LAH
    James

Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and everyone who sat and will sit this lovely Zazenkai.
    Also, let us try to find someone who can chant the Heart Sutra in Parseltongue next!
    There's so much diversity including Na'vi

Peaceful weekend to all.

Gassho,
    Washin
    sattoday
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

The Buddha, being sheltered by the 7-Headed Naga ...

The Buddhist naga has the form of a great cobra, usually depicted with a single head but sometimes with many heads. The naga which is seen sheltering the Buddha while meditating is known as Mucilanda. Mucilanda is believed to have protected the Buddha from the elements like rain and storm after he attained enlightenment. It is said that the four weeks after the Buddha began meditating under the Bodhi tree, the heavens darkened for seven days, a heavy rainfall started. The mighty king of the serpents, Mucilanda then is believed to have emerged from beneath the earth and protected the Buddha with his hood as the Buddha is considered the source of all protection. When the storm stopped, the serpent king Mucilanda assumed his human form, bowed before the Buddha and returned to his palace in joy. The iconographic representation of this Buddhist folklore is known as the Naga Buddha statues. These artistic representations of the Buddha meditating under the protection of Mucalinda are common in many Buddhist countries which are famous for their unique Buddhist arts, namely Burma, Laos, and Thailand.
    https://www.burmese-art.com/about-bu...ues-with-snake

Our visitor is an Aodaisho, or Japanese Rat Snake ...

The Japanese rat snake (Elaphe climacophora) is a medium-sized snake found throughout the Japanese archipelago (except the far South West). In Japanese it is known as the aodaishō or "blue general". It is a non-venomous snake, and a member of the colubrid family. It is hunted by eagles and raccoon dogs.

The snakes hibernate for three to four months, mate in spring and lay 7–20 eggs in early summer. Adults reach a length of between one and two meters and a girth of about five centimeters.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_rat_snake

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-20-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Sat right now.

Thank you.

Gassho LAH
    Kakunen

Managed to sit in just for the talk, thanks for the zazenkai guys!

Gassho
    Anant
    Last edited by newby_x86; 07-20-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Thank you Washin, Jakuden and Jundo. Thank you all.

Sat / lah

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thanks, everyone!

Gassho

Jen

ST

Thank you all. I just sat with you this morning.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I went to pick my daughter up from a friend’s house today, even farther out in the boonies than we are. On the way home, I was stunned to see this in the front of someone’s house, in the middle of rural nowhere. I need to find out who lives there And it was raining!!!!

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you everyone.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Very good
    gassho
    sean
    sat.lah

Спасибо!

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Kokuu