Thread: EVENT: Our Shukke Tokudo Homeleaving Ordination of Shinshi, Washin & Geika - SUNDAY!

EVENT: Our Shukke Tokudo Homeleaving Ordination of Shinshi, Washin & Geika - SUNDAY!

This Sunday July 14th, 2019, at (Sunday 11 AM Eastern Time, 8AM Pacific Time in North America, 4pm London Time, 5pm Paris, and 6pm Ukraine Time, Midnight in Japan), our Sangha will welcome three new novice priests through the ritual of 'Shukke Tokudo' Homeleaving Ordination.

As is typical of our Sangha, the ceremony will be conducted simultaneously in various places around the world ... dropping all thought of here and there, now and then ... with the Preceptor (Jundo) in Japan, and our Ordainees, AMELIA GEIKA RALSTON and ALLAN SHINSHI DUE in the United States, and SERGEY WASHIN TSARENKO in Ukraine, all as witnessed by their fellow Priests and our Sangha members in many countries.

If you would like to witness the ceremony, and join in our celebration, the netcast will be seen here at those times ...

Please know that the warm hearts of everyone witnessing the ceremony from home are present with us during the Ceremony. You are with us all in this time of celebration.

If you would like to read a bit more about the meaning of Shukke Tokudo Homeleaving as a Novice-Priest here at Treeleaf, please look here:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Our 2019 TREELEAF Home-Leaving ORDINATIONS
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...ng-ORDINATIONS

PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS AUSPICIOUS DAY FOR OUR COMMUNITY!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-13-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

What a wonderful day and ceremony.
    Congratulations to you three and to all of us for having you.
    Thank you for your dedication.

p.s.: and happy birthday Jundo!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Mp
    Wonderful, lovely, and moving all together in each moment. Tears of joy for my brothers and sister ... may this path bring you joy! =)

Happy Birthday Jundo.

Nine Bows
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Dear all

These moments in our sangha are wonderful celebrations!

Congratulations to Geika, Shinshi and Washin!!!! And welcome welcome welcome!

Happy Birthday, Jundo!

Deep bows to everyone
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Congratulations to our new Unsui, thank you for your practice. And Happy Birthday Jundo!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Congratulations to Shinshi, Geika, and Washin! Thank you for your commitment to the sangha. It was a beautiful ceremony. And Happy Birthday Jundo!

Gassho,
    Onkai (Warm Sea)
    Sat/LAH

Very beautiful ceremony/

GASSHO

SATLAH
    Humbly,
    清竜 Seiryu

So happy and honored to share this wonderful moment together! Endless gratitude to our dear Jundo and the whole beautiful Sangha. Everything is fresh and new; Happy Birthday to all!

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Congratulations dear and intrepid Dharma brothers and sister, and deep bows for your practice

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Lovely, lovely, lovely. Thank you all so much for listening to the calling of your hearts. I look forward to practicing with you through the ups and downs of life in this realm.

Over and over, lower your "selves" to service, but keep those elbows up!

Forehead to the ground,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Such a lovely cermony and so happy to have Washin, Shinshi and Geika.

So happy to walk this path with you.

Gassho,

Shoka
    sattoday

Thank you all so much! I wanted to mention during my little speaking part, but I got all flustered: I wouldn't have been able to do this as smoothly as was done without Shoka's help! Thank you so much Shoka for coming down and sharing this day!

Many gasshos

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

You did great, Geika. Your intention, as well as everyone's, was powerful. I think the Iron Ox smiled upon you all. _()_ _()_ _()_

gassho
    doyu sat today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Thank you for all who attended across space and time. Thank you for your support and encouragement. It is an honor to be counted among the priests of Treeleaf.

Here is my little speech from today:

It will be interesting to see how we can explore strange new worlds.

To seek out renewed lives and new organizations.

To boldly go where no one has gone before!

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Long live and prosper!

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Geika View Post
    Long live and prosper!

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    I have to say, one of my very favorite parts were the peacock, and you using the feather as your leaf.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    Last edited by Shinshi; 07-14-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Beautiful and inspiring.

And Jundo, your kesa is stunning!

Gassho
    Anne
    ~st~

Tons of emotions..Such a great ceremony! Thank you everyone for your presence and support.
    It is an honor to be among you all.

P.S. Sorry for a little confusion with my Kesa. My dad used to say (he was a sailor), always
    pull the right end of the rope

Gassho
    Kaido Washin
    sattoday
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Congratulations everyone. Thank you for your service and dedication to the Sangha!

ST

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshi View Post
    I have to say, one of my very favorite parts was the peacock, and you using the feather as your leaf.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    Shinshi,

We had this lovely guy watch most of the ceremony.

So it seems very fitting to use one of his feathers as a part of the ceremony.

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sattoday

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoka View Post
    Shinshi,

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sattoday

OK, that is just awesome! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Dear Sangha, what a wonderful ceremony. I planned to be there on time however ended up like the White Rabbit.

I'm late, I'm late for
    A very important date.
    No time to say hello, good-bye,
    I'm late, I'm late

I slid in the door late but due to the timeliness of Treeleaf, I found myself on time to witness this wonderful event.
    Congratulations to all!

SAT TODAY
    Shozan

Have a good practice!

Gassho Sat today
    Kakunen

Quote Originally Posted by Shoka View Post
    Shinshi,

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sattoday

Glad he was there to bear witness! He is a fine looking bird.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    E84I - JAJ

Happy birthday, Jundo! Thank you for sharing it with us in this lovely way.

Gassho
    Sat today lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

Happy birthday Jundo. Thank you for all you do!

ST

Congratulations Shinshi, Geika and Washin - and thank you for your practice.

Happy Birthday Jundo!

The peacock was awesome

Gassho Jinyo

sat today

Yes, Happy Birthday Jundo!!!!!!!!

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    E84I - JAJ

Happy birthday Jundo!

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Deep bows and sincere congratulations to Shinshi, Geika and Washin.
    Thank you for your comitments.

And happy birthday Jundo.

Gassho/SatToday
    流道
    Ryū Dou

Lovely ceremony. Thank you all!

And welcome home.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Cooperix View Post
    Beautiful and inspiring.

And Jundo, your kesa is stunning!

Gassho
    Anne
    ~st~
    It is not my Kesa. It was a gift from dear Taigu.

It is made of old recommissioned Kimono materials in the Funzo-e way. Tomoe Katagiri writes:

Do-gen Zenji says that the best material is called funzo [excrement wiping cloth]-.There are between four and ten different types of funzo: material that has been chewed by cattle, material that has been chewed by mice, material burned by fire, and material from the clothing or shrouds of the dead.These are perfect as okesa material. Indians throw this cloth in the streets and in the fields just as they do excreta. It is called pãmsula.

Monks pick up such cloth and wear it after having washed it and sewn the various pieces together. Although some of this cloth is cotton and some silk,no discrimination should be made between the two.We should deeply reflect on the meaning of pãmsula, funzo.

... Senryu Kamatani Roshi says the following in his book, Teisho-Kesakudoku: “The true meaning of funzo is ‘sweepings.’ Funzo-e is the okesa made from cast-off rags that were collected from garbage and from the streets.The unusable part was sorted away and the usable parts kept, washed and dyed into a darkish color, then sewn together into the rice-field pattern.You might feel it is dirty because the funzo-e was made entirely from material picked up from the garbage, but it is not; it is completely free from attachments such as love and hate. Nobody can create passion toward it, because there is no value or quality to measure. If people had any attachment to it, they would not have discarded it as garbage.”5

It is difficult to determine what is good and what is evil. Laymen say it is good to wear luxurious silks, embroidered garments,and brocades;and bad to wear tattered and discarded rags. But in Buddhism it is the opposite: tattered robes are good and pure, richly embroidered garments are evil and soiled. The same applies to all other things as well. ...
    A little more here (p 104)

https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=...20kesa&f=false

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Jundo,
    I wondered if Taigu was involved. And I suspect he made it. It is quite lovely. I especially loved the crane panel in the mid back.
    Thank you for the information.
    I had read that the Buddha had his followers gather discarded cloth from the charnel grounds to make their robes. To disinfect them they were washed in saffron. Nothing special. Similar story.

Gassho
    Anne

~lahst~

Congratulations Shinshi, Geika and Washin. Thank you for your practice

Happy Birthday Jundo

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

What a privilege it was to be able to be part of this ceremony thanks to the Sangha Jundo created, nurtured and welcomed me into. A huge congratulations and warmest of hugs to Shinshi, Geika and Washin. I look forward to learning from you all as I continue on my journey.
    Gassho
    Anna.

Sat today
    Last edited by Onka; 07-15-2019 at 01:37 AM. Reason: forgot to add Sat today
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    To our newest Unsui, Geika, Shinshi and Washin, congratulations on your Shukke Tokudo and thank you for sharing this beautiful ceremony with the rest of the Sangha.

Oh and Happy Birthday Roshi.

Sat / lah

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Congratulations to the new Unsui! I wish I could have watched live, however I was travelling! I am looking forward to learning from each of you!

Gassho,

Junkyo
    SAT

Doshin
    St

Congratulations!

Nenka

ST LAH

Great, congratulations and thanks to everyone, and a belated Happy Birthday to Jundo

Gassho
    Souchi

SatToday/lah

Congrats Geika, Shinshi and Washin!
    (And belated birthday wishes to Jundo!)

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Best wishes for the new unsui. I was traveling and so finally was able to participate this day.

Shinzan Sekibu

I am finally catching up! Congratulations and best wishes to Geika, Shinshi, and Washin. You are wonderful additions to our Unsui.

Gassho,

Kelly/Jinmei

sattoday/lah

I have finally caught up and watched this after my holidays.

Congratulations to Geika, Shinshi and Washin.

Thank you everyone for your service to the sangha.

Gassho,

Neil

P.S - I had to draft a contract for a peacock today, it's perhaps some of my finest work.

Thank you, everyone, for your good wishes!

Gassho, sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

Glad to witness this ceremony. Watched the start live, but fell asleep before it was finished and just had the chance to join in the rest. Anumodana new unsui!

Gassho,

Nanrin
    Sat today
    南 - Southern
    林 - Forest

This is amazing. Seeing bodhisattvas at work. How wonderful.

Happy belated birthday, Jundo.

Congratulations to all. May you fulfill your vows. Live long and prosper.

Gassho,
    Wuyi
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Such a beautiful, powerful ceremony, loved it! Congratulations (again) to Geika, Washin, Shinshi!

Jundo, belated happy birthday -- your day and mine are a day apart :-)

Deep bows

gassho
    kim
    st lh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Thank you, Kim!

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika