Thread: Looking For Volunteers: Experienced Ango-Jukai Friends

Looking For Volunteers: Experienced Ango-Jukai Friends

Dear All,

We need a pool of volunteers to assist with our upcoming Ango and Jukai for this year (it will be announced next month):

The volunteers should be folks who already have experienced our Ango in a prior year (and preferably have also undergone Jukai too) and would be willing to befriend/mentor a first timer.

Unlike prior years when we had "Practice Partners" who were newcomers paired up with newcomers, this time we are hoping that the "Practice Partner" will be someone who has experienced Ango, Jukai, sewing and such, and would like to encourage and befriend a first timer. There is no need for the mentor to participate again this year in sewing or in the Jukai ceremony (of course, you are welcome to do any or all of that if inspired), and you role would basically be just to be a friend, mentor and encouragement for folks. We would ask that you join in Ango activities however.

We would ask the mentor to join in the "Practice Partner Exercises" this time, but they have been changed this time. This year, we will experiment in using our "Simple Living" weekly exercises for Ango in place of the exercises of prior years.

"Simple Living" Practice Circle
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/foru...ractice-Circle

lf you could help us with this, please post in this thread or PM me privately. Thank you.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-05-2019 at 02:25 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I'm happy to be a partner/friend for newcomers, and equally happy to pair up with a more experienced sangha member should there be more volunteers than needed. I am planning on sewing during Ango and joining in Jukai again. I've been excited for the upcoming Ango for months now!

I like the idea of using the Simple Living exercises in place of the partner exercises. I've been following along with those so far, all quite nice.

Gassho,

Nanrin (Southern Forest)

Sat today

Please count me in.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Hi Jundo

I’d be happy to help out.

Also your plan of using “Simple Living” for Ango this year sounds intriguing. Looking forward to it.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you, Jundo. I would like to take part.

Gassho,
    Onkai (Warm Sea)
    Sat/LAH

Hi Jundo,

I would be happy to help.

Gassho,

Junkyo
    SAT

Count me in also.

SAT/lLAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

I'd like to help, count me in.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I'd be willing to try my best.

Tai Shi
    sat/lah
    Gassho
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆