Thread: June 28th-29th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

June 28th-29th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, A LINK TO JOIN WILL BE POSTED BELOW IN THIS THREAD ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE START TIME. JUST CLICK AND JOIN. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED::

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please join us in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra (although please keep your microphone muted). You can download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

Not everyone realizes that they can join in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra, Verse of Atonement and Four Vows (although we ask that you keep your microphone down). Please follow along with the Chant Book, and let your voice ring!

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, I should be there live.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Thank you Jundo, I hope to be able to join you live from Switzerland.

Gassho
    Graham

SaT/LaH

I'll join everyone across space and time. Probably Sunday.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

I will sit by one way.

Gassho
    Sat today.
    Kakunen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning to be present

gassho
    doyu sat lah
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Son and grandson here visiting and we are going night driving for wildlife! So will catch up later. Good zazen to all.

Gassho
    Doshin
    St

sitting with you all one way

_()_
    sosen
    stlah

Sitting one way with you all!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can’t sit one way live tonight as I have my wild 16 month old in my lap. Lol.. I will sit this ASAP though.

/\
    Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat/lah

Thank you Jundo and Sekishi and all who sat or will sit. Have a wonderful week of silence.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you, Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone. I will try to hear and understand silence amidst the sounds. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all for coming together to manifest Sangha and practice.

Metta to all our friends in Tsukuba and in the ten directions.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Couldn't be here in time for the first part, but sat the second sit live one way. Glad to sit with you all.

Nanrin

Sat
    南 - Southern
    林 - Forest

Thank you Jundo and Sekishi and all who sit all ways in and out of the silence. _()_

gassho
    doyu sat/lah today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone ... much metta to Danni and her friend.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

I am so sorry, I slept right through it and woke up at 04:30am :-/.
    As with the smokes - this year's goalless Ango goal is to improve self-discipline!

Gassho
    Graham

Sat/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I am so sorry, I slept right through it and woke up at 04:30am :-/.
    As with the smokes - this year's goalless Ango goal is to improve self-discipline!

Gassho
    Graham

Sat/LAH
    Our sitting is meant to transcend time and the shape of the world. Sit when you can, and your are still here and there totally!

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Our sitting is meant to transcend time and the shape of the world. Sit when you can, and your are still here and there totally!

Gassho, J

STLah
    Thank you!
    Gassho
    Graham

STLah

Will sit "parts" again as teenagers in a major city in the summer make a lot of noise at night -- no matter where I am in the house. And if they know "Mom is home" -- well, then, Mom is sometimes on demand :morehappy:

Metta to all in various circumstances .....

gassho
    kim

st lh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Quote Originally Posted by allwhowander View Post
    Will sit "parts" again as teenagers in a major city in the summer make a lot of noise at night -- no matter where I am in the house. And if they know "Mom is home" -- well, then, Mom is sometimes on demand :morehappy:

Metta to all in various circumstances .....

gassho
    kim

st lh
    Teenagers here in the country make a lot of noise and demands too

Had to leave the sit early but am about to finish it on the train
    Metta to Danni and family, I hope
    the sick relative is doing better.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you everyone.
    Graham, last week, I did the same
    I know, we're sitting beyond time and space, but some day, I'll succeed in getting up shortly before 3am, joining live.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Thank you for the talk Jundo.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Silence is something of great importance to me. Thank you.

Gassho
    Doshin
    St

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Thank you all, sat the last two mornings.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thanks, everybody! Good to see you all and sit again.

Gassho

Jen

S

Hi Jundo and all my friends,

I say with candor, I sat for 10 minutes before returning to the recording of this my great Sangha recording of Zanzenkai for week of in Wednesday following, that being July 3, 2019. Knowing what I heard, would one possibility for new Zazenkai of my Sangha, to approach either Skype, or Zoom. There are other possibilities besides Google unless Google is providing service for free, and they find a way to accommodate us. Skype might do the same, and it must be considered moving entire Sangha to Microsoft. Only something to be considered. I thank all for sitting with me-- the entire sit, ceremony total 35 minutes, doctors say finally I'm getting better.

Tai Shi
    sat/lah
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-03-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: clarification.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

I finally got to sit this Zazankai with you all this morning, although I was interrupted by a small person so didn't quite finish.

Gassho,

Neil

StLaH

Thank you, all!

Great to hear you are finally getting better, Tai Shi! I hope that continues.

Gassho
    Kokuu