Thread: 'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' with Jundo & Kirk is ON THE AIR! - EPISODE 1

'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' with Jundo & Kirk is ON THE AIR! - EPISODE 1

Dear All,

For those of you who can't get enough Jundo, and would love to have me 24/7 in their cars, bedrooms and ears ...

... who want to hear me push some Buddhist boundaries, make some people smile and others come running with burning torches, all while hopefully speaking some sense ...

... I am pleased to announce that my new podcast is ON THE AIR .... THE ZEN of EVERYTHING! ... a Zen podcast not quite like any other right now ... OR FOR THE LAST 2500 YEARS!

A zen take on life, love, laughter, and everything else. With Jundo Cohen, a real zen master, and Kirk McElhearn, a guy who knows a bit about zen.

ZEN-OF-EVERYTHING.COM

The show is co-hosted by me and our long time (12+ years) Treeleaf member, and the host/producer of several other successful podcasts, Kirk McElhearn. It was Kirk's idea (so blame him!)

The basic premise is simple: We talk about Zen & Everything.

Sometimes wise and sometimes wise-assed, putting a "Zen" twist on all matters, bringing in thousands of years of Wisdom and Compassion ...

... clarifying all timeless mysteries of the universe, saving marriages and saving the planet, fixing both your car and Washington, solving all the other problems in the world and peoples's lives.

You can subscribe and listen too on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, RSS and the like.

Send your big and little questions and problems (Is there a God? How to get jelly out of a rug?) to ...

podcast@Zen-Of-Everything.Com

Our first episode is up (we did not get rolling to about episode 6 or so, if ya ask me ), and there will be a new episode this Friday, and then every couple of weeks.

Episode 1: Cats, Lawyers, Health, Women, and Roshis

For the first episode of The Zen of Everything, we explain why we started this podcast, and what we plan to do. We then explore whether cats are zen masters, discuss Buddhist lawyers, talk about practicing zen with health problems, explore the idea of calling the Buddha a "she," and explain what a roshi is.

Episode Link
    Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-14-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Awesome, thank you both, Kirk and Jundo..andall that suggest any topics! i already love that podcast!

Gassho,
    Ben

Stlah

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

How about being able to access the podcast via podbean?
    Sat etc

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousui View Post
    How about being able to access the podcast via podbean?
    Sat etc
    Just search for it; it's there.

Gassho,

Kirk
    流文

I know nothing.

I really enjoyed it, thank you Kirk and Roshi.

Gassho,

Neil

ST/LaH

That was fun. I thought Kirk would have a British accent 😃

Doshin
    St

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    That was fun. I thought Kirk would have a British accent ��

Doshin
    St
    Nah, I was born in New Yawk like Jundo. :-)

Gassho,

Kirk
    流文

I know nothing.

Thank you both,
    I enjoyed listening and am curious about more.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Neat!

I'm looking forward to listening to the first episode.

Gassho
    Hoseki
    Sattoday

I'm all ears!
    Can't wait to listen.(already laughing)
    thank you both.

Gassho

Anne

~st~

Thank you, Jundo Roshi.
    I downloaded the mp3 to listen today while going to the University (driving carefully to save all sentient beings that pass on the road).
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat today
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Thank you, it was funny and interesting.
    Looking forward to hear more.

Gassho/SatToday
    流道
    Ryū Dou

Well that was fun and informative. And have passed it along.

Bows, Anne, ~st~

Oh, I liked this! That was an interesting explanation of using "she" and "they" to refer to the Buddha. I think I agree.

Gassho

Jen

I sat today
    In the park
    With a duck

This was lovely. Thank you, Kirk and Jundo.

Gassho
    Anant
    SaT

That was great Husband listened too! So glad the pressing hotdog question was finally addressed!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Great first episode, enjoyable, entertaining and informative. Looking forward to the series.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

finally started listening; I listen to a lot of podcasts; this is really good and engaging

thanks guys! u have a new subscriber

gassho

risho
    -st

These are great! My ango commitment is to not listen to the news so these are going to replace that when i am commuting to work. I am fairly sure that Manjushri would approve.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat lah
    Grateful for your practice

Gassho
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Episode 1: Cats, Lawyers, Health, Women, and Roshis
    Inspired by this awesome title, I'm off to rewind to Ep.1

Thanks Jundo and Kirk...great podcasts...great double act!

Gassho, Yokai sat/lah

Quote Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
    Inspired by this awesome title, I'm off to rewind to Ep.1
    The first few episodes weren't great; we hadn't yet found our footing.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Love ❤ that there is a podcast. Have missed listening to Jundo. Kirk you did a great job hosting. I really am so happy I have so many episodes to catch up on.

Sorry to hear of the health issues you both have had to overcome and blessed to know you are both still with us doing well.

With much love and respect,

Greg
    -sat today

<3 friend through listening, my teacher, feeling I have learned so much, and your segment on Virmakirti extraordinary, spelling? Lay person reaching enlightenment and probably disabled. In my life as enlightenment through education I am disabled and educated, seeking more.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

paulashby
    This was fun. Cats practice Samurai zen with universe class focus on the present moment to
    play, pounce, purr or kill.
    In terms of the media "ass level classification" that is owned by Christian evangelists who cry for
    donations to buy the second private jet because their first jet is to small. Also Osho and the 96
    Rolls Royce cars he collected.
    Avalokitesvara transgendered from male to female. Why not an inclusive view of the Buddha whose
    nature transcends gender?
    Thanks to all who made the podcast happen.
    Gassho, peace,Paul Ashby sat lah

Quote Originally Posted by paulashby View Post
    This was fun. Cats practice Samurai zen with universe class focus on the present moment to
    play, pounce, purr or kill.
    In terms of the media "ass level classification" that is owned by Christian evangelists who cry for
    donations to buy the second private jet because their first jet is to small. Also Osho and the 96
    Rolls Royce cars he collected.
    Avalokitesvara transgendered from male to female. Why not an inclusive view of the Buddha whose
    nature transcends gender?
    Thanks to all who made the podcast happen.
    Gassho, peace,Paul Ashby sat lah
    I have to confess that we recorded that episode so long ago ... I have no idea what you are talking about, Paul?

Kirk and I feel that the podcast didn't really get rolling until episode 7 or so anyway.

Thank you for listening.

Gassho, J

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE