Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECO-Life

Thank you everyone for keeping this going while I've been away and with such inspiring posts.
    Kyonin, you are an inspiration. This is exactly the kind of lifestyle that I aspire to and I hope to get nearer to fulfilling that in time.
    Today I took the Extinction Rebellion pledge not to buy any new clothes for a year - this is not just about ugly and unnecessary consumerism, but about how land that could be used to grow food to feed people is instead being used to grow cotton to satisfy our endless and overwhelming demand for fashionable new clothes. I was very proud of myself on my visit to the UK not to fall prey to the temptation of Primark - Neil and other Brits will know what I mean!

Please keep the ideas and good practices coming, I'm finding a lot of inspiration in this thread and I hope others are too.

Oh and Neil I'm so glad you loved this beautiful island - in fact as we are fairly isolated and imported goods are very expensive, this is an ideal place to try to live a simpler life.

Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday

Neil thank you for your lovely comments about Sardinia, this is a good place to live a more simple life. I'm in Alghero, did you visit this area?
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Although not of our tradition, I really enjoyed this article in Tricycle about a Theravada Forest Tradition monastery which has been established in BC Canada by Ajahn Sona, a monk somewhat ahead of his time in his dedication to nature and eco dharma. I particularly liked his stories about his early 'pioneering days', but doubt he misses them!

https://tricycle.org/trikedaily/ajah...c066-307791069

Gassho
    Meitou
    satwithyoualltodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Quote Originally Posted by Meitou View Post
    Although not of our tradition, I really enjoyed this article in Tricycle about a Theravada Forest Tradition monastery which has been established in BC Canada by Ajahn Sona, a monk somewhat ahead of his time in his dedication to nature and eco dharma. I particularly liked his stories about his early 'pioneering days', but doubt he misses them!

Gassho
    Meitou
    satwithyoualltodaylah
    Very cool! I was hoping for more details about how they live, it's really amazing and beautiful.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

Gassho
    Meitou
    satwithyoualltodaylah
    Thank you. That was interesting.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you everyone for keeping this going while I've been away and with such inspiring posts.
    Kyonin, you are an inspiration. This is exactly the kind of lifestyle that I aspire to and I hope to get nearer to fulfilling that in time.
    Today I took the Extinction Rebellion pledge not to buy any new clothes for a year - this is not just about ugly and unnecessary consumerism, but about how land that could be used to grow food to feed people is instead being used to grow cotton to satisfy our endless and overwhelming demand for fashionable new clothes. I was very proud of myself on my visit to the UK not to fall prey to the temptation of Primark - Neil and other Brits will know what I mean!

Please keep the ideas and good practices coming, I'm finding a lot of inspiration in this thread and I hope others are too.

Oh and Neil I'm so glad you loved this beautiful island - in fact as we are fairly isolated and imported goods are very expensive, this is an ideal place to try to live a simpler life.

Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday

Neil thank you for your lovely comments about Sardinia, this is a good place to live a more simple life. I'm in Alghero, did you visit this area?
    Yes, the temptation to pick up some cheap clothes in Primark is, well, tempting!

We nearly visited Alghero but the first time opted for a few days in Cagliari then 10 days or so down the coast in Pula. The second time we were at a wedding on the east Coast near Siniscola but did make it up in the mountains to Nuoro, I think. If we visit again it will definitely include Alghero!

On the Eco front we're now looking at how we can remove plastic from the bathroom - bamboo toothbrushes, shampoo bars rather than bottles are a few easy wins, I think.

Gassho,

Neil.