Thread: The Treeleaf app for android.

The Treeleaf app for android.

I've been running this app since I joined and use it every day, I love it. I was about to post a thread on the general forum just to let new folk know about it, but on checking, I can't actually find it in the Google play store. Has it been discontinued? I thought it was a great resource.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

There is a Treeleaf app? The world is full of wonders.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshi View Post
    There is a Treeleaf app? The world is full of wonders.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    It's great, you tap the empty screen and receive a line or two of wisdom and the instructions to take a variable number of breaths, perfect for a moment or two of awareness during the day.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

There used to be an iOS version as well. I had it for a while. I just looked and it appears to have been removed from the Apple AppStore.

Tairin
    Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Tairin View Post
    There used to be an iOS version as well. I had it for a while. I just looked and it appears to have been removed from the Apple AppStore.

Tairin
    Sat today
    Looks like I'd better take good care of my app then!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sat/lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I will write to Ongen, the designer, and see if we can get it back up. I am tickled that you like it.

The idea of the app is very simple: Various Zen and Shikantaza connected aphorisms (e.g., "When it rains, it just rains" "Breathing In, Breathing Out, Beyond In and Out") to repeat a few times and breathe with during the day, when life gets hectic. Very simple.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I will write to Ongen, the designer, and see if we can get it back up. I am tickled that you like it.

The idea of the app is very simple: Various Zen and Shikantaza connected aphorisms (e.g., "When it rains, it just rains" "Breathing In, Breathing Out, Beyond In and Out") to repeat a few times and breathe with during the day, when life gets hectic. Very simple.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Thank you Jundo
    The other thing I like about the app is that it provides an easy portal to our website, with the link at the bottom of the screen. It's a good resource.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I have it on my phone and use it frequently, Thanks to Ongen

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

is this the forum app taptalk or a treeleaf specific app?
    #sattoday
    Oh, yeah. If I didn't have inner peace, I'd go completely psycho on all you guys all the time.
    Carl Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by bayamo View Post
    is this the forum app taptalk or a treeleaf specific app?
    #sattoday
    It's a specific Treeleaf app, and takes the format that Jundo describes above, an aforism accompanied by instructions to breathe a certain amount of times. I also find it useful to link me into the website, from the option under the question mark for further information. Unfortunately however it isn't available at the moment, but hopefully will be shortly, watch this space!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Hi All,

Onkai, the designer of the Treeleaf App, sent the following message, (l have not included that link). We need a programmer conversant with what he is talking about to get it back up.

Anyone familiar with what he is saying, and who can help?

Hi Jundo,

I found the source code! You can download the zipfile here: https://vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

It's basically a website disguised as an app using PhoneGap. A programmer will probably know what to do with it.
    It can be used as a webpage anyway and visited in a browser.

Good luck with it,

regards
    Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi All,

Onkai, the designer of the Treeleaf App, sent the following message, (l have not included that link). We need a programmer conversant with what he is talking about to get it back up.

Anyone familiar with what he is saying, and who can help?

Gassho, J

STLah
    I can take a look if you like. Not sure what language it is in but happy to give it a look.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.