Thread: The Treeleaf "Daily Wisdom" App for Android (Available Again)

The Treeleaf "Daily Wisdom" App for Android (Available Again)

NOTE - The little app discussed here is available again, information below. Jundo

I've been running this app since I joined and use it every day, I love it. I was about to post a thread on the general forum just to let new folk know about it, but on checking, I can't actually find it in the Google play store. Has it been discontinued? I thought it was a great resource.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-15-2021 at 01:04 AM.
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshi View Post
    There is a Treeleaf app? The world is full of wonders.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    It's great, you tap the empty screen and receive a line or two of wisdom and the instructions to take a variable number of breaths, perfect for a moment or two of awareness during the day.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I will write to Ongen, the designer, and see if we can get it back up. I am tickled that you like it.

The idea of the app is very simple: Various Zen and Shikantaza connected aphorisms (e.g., "When it rains, it just rains" "Breathing In, Breathing Out, Beyond In and Out") to repeat a few times and breathe with during the day, when life gets hectic. Very simple.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by bayamo View Post
    is this the forum app taptalk or a treeleaf specific app?
    #sattoday
    It's a specific Treeleaf app, and takes the format that Jundo describes above, an aforism accompanied by instructions to breathe a certain amount of times. I also find it useful to link me into the website, from the option under the question mark for further information. Unfortunately however it isn't available at the moment, but hopefully will be shortly, watch this space!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Here is the announcement of the release of the new version:

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...-Phone-APP-%21

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko View Post
    I just discovered this thread. Is there any more news of this App please?

Gasho

Seiko
    stlah

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Crooked House by Wonderland Park in the Longfellow neighborhood of Minneapolis, MN, USA
    At least on iOS it seems unavailable again and the web site it used to refer to has no content besides "UP NYC1"

Sat
    --
    Hōkan = 法閑 = Dharma Serenity
    To be entirely clear, I am not a hōkan = 幇間 = taikomochi = geisha, but I do wonder if my preceptor was having a bit of fun with me...

Just checked the Android version on my phone, which still works.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you for mentioning this! Downloaded!

st/rj

Love this App! Use it often.

Gassho Yokai sat/lah

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hi all,

As the app is no longer available for iOS, and the web version has not worked for a while now, I just incorporated this feature into Treeleaf NOW:
    https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#wisdom

If anyone has any feedback or bug reports, let me know!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

He/him. As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sekishi

I like the idea but I suspect the example quote you posted has been curtailed. I just get "In this world
    of Suchness

unless its a Chrome issue ?

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart