Thread: Happy Vesak from Vietnam!

Happy Vesak from Vietnam!

This year Vesak falls on Ho Chi Minh's birthday, so it's extra festive here in Vietnam. I thought some of you might enjoy these photos I took of the action at Vinh Ngiem temple in Ho Chi Minh City.

I sat zazen for a few minutes in front of the big Buddha while all the hustle and bustle flowed around me. It was a neat experience. I'm very lucky to get this experience.

Edit: the bright circle in the last photo is a flashing multicolored animated LED light board that spins and swirls around all psychedelic-like. It is very popular in Vietnam to put them behind the heads of statues of Buddha, bodhisattvas, and various deities to creat the effect of a halo.

Gassho
    Kyōshin
    Satlah

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyoshin; 05-19-2019 at 04:42 AM.

I like the lights! The pictures are cool, thanks, Kyoshin.

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Also notice the flames in the big cauldron. There were so many sticks of incense shoved in there that the heat from the whole mess would cause the cauldron periodically burst into a spontaneous bonfire.

Always one for a party, and a party needs lights! Vesak is like a Buddhist Rave!

Thank you for sharing!

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

That is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing, Kyoshin. Love the photos and the celebration. <3

gassho
    kim
    st, lh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Here's one I took from outside. You can see the pattern of the lights a little better. It's far away, but that was the only way I could get it on my phone's camera.

Happy vesak to all. It is so cool to hear and see from places all over the world.
    Gassho
    David
    Sat/Lah

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing, Kyoshin.

Here's random shot I received from a local friend
    who visited Trúc Lâm Pagoda of the Vietnamese Thien
    tradition in Ukraine.
    60770792_2672347842836322_1068476752440852480_n.jpg
    Happy Wesak to all.

Gassho,
    Washin
    just sat
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Cool that the incense would randomly burst in the flames like that. Thanks for sharing the pictures Kyoshin.

This vesak I didn't have the opportunity to go to the wat. I'm doing a delayed Ryaku Fusatsu at home today to celebrate instead.

Nanrin (Southern Forest)

St
    南 - Southern
    林 - Forest