Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numb Legs

I posted this before, making some fun at the Japanese emphasis on "proper form."

Let's just say that about 1/4 of the following is true ...

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi, Victor!

I have some serious issues with my back/hips/pelvis and what has helped the most (and can help anyone who sits for any length of time in their day) is piriformis exercises. They literally reset the position of your pelvis, which eases the pressure off your sciatic nerve.

https://www.spine-health.com/conditi...ysical-therapy

Gassho,

Lauren

st, lah always!

Thank you, Jundo, Taigu and Lauren.
    Your suggestions will be very helpful. I'll buy the suggested book and do the exercises.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by ZenHarmony View Post
    Hi, Victor!

I have some serious issues with my back/hips/pelvis and what has helped the most (and can help anyone who sits for any length of time in their day) is piriformis exercises. They literally reset the position of your pelvis, which eases the pressure off your sciatic nerve.

https://www.spine-health.com/conditi...ysical-therapy

Gassho,

Lauren

st, lah always!
    Thanks so much!

Gassho!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train"-Ueshiba Morihei

It is better to sew an individual zafu :-)

Gassho,
    Oleg
    Sat today, Lend a Hand
    Last edited by Timchenko_Oleg; 05-10-2019 at 03:21 AM.
    [Gassholook]:Будда:: TL:

I think itís common among meditators to assume that this pain is normal. Itís not, at least not always. Iím actually off to see a vascular surgeon tomorrow about issues with circulation in my right leg. So donít just assume that you need to work through the pain; it could be a serious medical issue that needs attention.

Gassho,

Kirk
    I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkmc View Post
    I think itís common among meditators to assume that this pain is normal. Itís not, at least not always. Iím actually off to see a vascular surgeon tomorrow about issues with circulation in my right leg. So donít just assume that you need to work through the pain; it could be a serious medical issue that needs attention.

Gassho,

Kirk
    Thanks! I'll definitely bear that in mind.

Gassho
    V

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train"-Ueshiba Morihei

Quote Originally Posted by kirkmc View Post
    I think it’s common among meditators to assume that this pain is normal. It’s not, at least not always. I’m actually off to see a vascular surgeon tomorrow about issues with circulation in my right leg. So don’t just assume that you need to work through the pain; it could be a serious medical issue that needs attention.

Gassho,

Kirk
    Yes. If a condition persists no matter what is done, or is extreme or unusual, talk to a doctor!

We will sit for your leg, Kirk.

Gassho, J

SatToday, lah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE