Thread: [Engaged] Aril 28 th Peace Sit

[Engaged] Aril 28 th Peace Sit

I would like to remind anyone who is interested that Shugen, Kyousui, and I will be hosting an online "Peace Sit," on Zoom tomorrow April 28th at 9:00 -11:00 am. EDT. To get the zoom meeting id please follow the directions on this link https://zenstudiespodcast.com/peace-sits/. zPlease join for all or just part.

Gassho,
    Dan
    Sat/LAH

We can use a little peace in the world this week.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Looks like you have to e-mail Domyo to get a Zoom ID for the sit, which I just did.... so anyone hoping to join probably shouldn't wait for the last minute!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Is there any reason not to post the Zoom ID here? (I emailed Domyo this week and she's pretty quick to respond, but...)

No merit. Vast emptiness; nothing holy. I don't know.

Looks like you have to e-mail Domyo to get a Zoom ID for the sit, which I just did....
    Recently registered and just did it too. If I'll not have received the ID by the time, I'll sit anyway,
    off the Zoom.

Gassho
    Washin
    st
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Apologies for having to leave early, farrier came to trim horses’ feet. Deep bows and thank you for sitting, everyone Beautiful talk, I would like to get a written copy if possible?
    Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 7 people that showed up for varying periods of time, all Treeleafers except for one person I didn't recognize that came later.
    It was a good mix of sitting, walking and chanting. I'm looking forward to the next one already.

Sat/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Thank you.

Doshin
    Stlah

That was lovely; gratitude for this sit.

gassho
    doyu sat today

I sat for the first hour. Thank you for making this possible.

I will share info for this going forward with my local meditation group on Facebook and the meditation group I've started attending in the town next over.

Sat today. Gassho.

No merit. Vast emptiness; nothing holy. I don't know.

I'd very much like to thank everyone who participated in the Peace Sit this Sunday. Special thanks and deep bows to Shugen for officiating and Kyousui for his reading. I'd like to thank Domyo for allowing me to publicize the Peace Sit on her website, and Jundo for allowing me to post about it here on Treeleaf. Thank you for your support.

I don't really think that sitting will bring an end to armed conflict as much as I feel a peace consciousness can change the world if we even do little things, like use less plastic, or eat less meat from ruminants, (because of the environmental impact ruminants have on greenhouse gasses,) or just be kinder and gentler to each other or participating actively in Jundo's "lend a hand," program we can help change things. Sitting is just a good way to bring a peace consciousness to the mental forefront.

@Jakuden-- Kyousui's reading is below. @Washin I am sorry that you didn't get the code. Please message me if you need anything regarding future peace sits. I always look forward to sitting with you. @Ryushi, Domyo wants to keep in touch with the participants and wants them to exchange emails with her so she has a way of reaching out to people. I may get my own Peace Sits Zoom address and I'll gladly share it with Treeleaf but that needs to be worked out first. @Doyu and @Doshin Your presence was greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Kyousui's verse: you may have to ask Kyousui for the reference. I don't remember who wrote it. Kyousui's reading of it was beautiful.

Everywhere I look in the universe I see things arising and passing away in dependence upon conditions.
    From galaxies and stars to micro-organisms, this pattern holds true.
    Things aren’t random – they have causes and effects.

This is also true of my life.
    What I am today is the product of many influences: my family, culture, education and relationships.
    It’s also the product of choices I’ve made, of how I’ve acted, of my mental states and habits.
    There are many things I cannot alter, and these I must accept.
    But I can change those conditions that spring from my mind.
    I can change how I think, I can affect how I feel.
    Meditation and Dharma practice give me ways to do so.
    I know that skilful actions have brought me happiness and fulfilment and have benefited others.
    When I’ve been kind or generous I’ve seen others benefit, and it has given me happiness.
    I know that my unskilful actions have harmed others and harmed me, too.
    When I have been unkind, I have seen the pain I have caused.
    Those actions have reinforced negative states of mind that make me unhappy and I’ve felt remorse and regret.
    Therefore I should cultivate positive states, practice skillful actions and avoid unskillful ones.
    This means practising the Dharma, which offers a sure path to establishing positive conditions.
    To this path I commit myself.

Post Script I think future Peace Sits will consist of three 30 minute sits with a little more time for chanting and walking. Any feedback on how to improve or to better publicize the Peace Sits would be appreciated.

Gassho,

Dan
    Sat/Lah

Dan,

Your and Kyousui’s readings were good. Thank you.

Doshin
    Stlah

That is a nice verse, thank you for posting it.

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

The sutra I read was by Dharmacharini Sadayasihi, an ordained member of Triratna (an English based Buddhist Order)

Sat/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Thank you Dan, very much appreciated.
    This is a great verse, thank you Kyosui.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat-lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Wonderful, thank you Dan and Kyousui!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk