Thread: April 26th-27th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

April 26th-27th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, A LINK TO JOIN WILL BE POSTED BELOW IN THIS THREAD ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE START TIME. JUST CLICK AND JOIN. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED::

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please join us in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra (although please keep your microphone muted). You can download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

Not everyone realizes that they can join in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra, Verse of Atonement and Four Vows (although we ask that you keep your microphone down). Please follow along with the Chant Book, and let your voice ring!

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

PS - We think that we have figured out the glitch that has kept some folks from entering the live sittings the last few weeks. Link will be posted in this thread later.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    PS - We think that we have figured out the glitch that has kept some folks from entering the live sittings the last few weeks. Link will be posted in this thread later.
    I will be there live two way Jundo, so will make sure folks get in. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

I do not know,I can sit or not.

I will try to feel situation.

Gassho
    Sat today
    Kakunen

Planning to participate one or two way. As always, thank you for the opportunity,

Gassho

Doshin
    Stlah

I will be doing the time warp again so will be with you all later.

I was just reading a physics article by a guy at MIT that states that the flow of time is an illusion. So I guess, if he correct, I will be there with you all simultaneously as well.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

We will be sitting for you Kakunen. Get some rest.

Gassho, Jundo

Mp
    Hey folks,

Here is the event link if needed: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...ag5yjec62y75ae

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

sitting with you all one way,

_()_
    sosen
    st/lah

Mp
    Lovely, thank you Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone ... have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Thank you.

Jundo, your talk resonated well with me this evening. Thanks

Doshin
    Stlah

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all for practicing together. Thank you Shingen for rescuing my cell phone from ... overload? Thank you Jundo for the talk and this amazing thing that is Treeleaf.

With deep gratitude,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you Jundo and Shingen, Welcome to spring and to the new Emperor, What will be the New Era now that Heisei is passing?

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    Last edited by Shokai; 04-27-2019 at 02:45 AM.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Sorry I was late, but glad to join two-way. Thank you, Jundo, Shingen, and everyone. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

I thought that joining one-way would feel less connected than joining two-way, but I did not sense much difference, both ways are good.

Thank you for the online Zazenkai; it is really a valuable service and very much appreciated.

Gassho,
    Wuyi
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and Shingen. Thank you to all.
    Great weekend to everyone!

Gassho
    Washin
    st
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you all for this opportunity to sit.

gassho
    doyu sat/lah

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Thank you Shingen for rescuing my cell phone from ... overload?
    We are good dancing partners. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Thank you for the lovely talk, Jundo-Sensei. In relation to what you said about flowing, I've been trying out Vinyasa Flow Yoga. There is a yoga studio nearby where I live that does classes that end an hour before Zazenkai. I find it an excellent primer before beginning an endurance session of zazen. I told the teacher "now the easy part is over, I have to go do the hard part (sitting still)".

I wanted to mention an observation in my practice with Zazenkai. When we are listening to the chants that sets a mood for meditation. I feel my concentration strengthen when the Ino chants. What do experienced Zen practitioners call this phenomena?

Sat/Lit

Gassho,

Sean

PS - I had a bleeding nose at the end. I'm learning how to "flow" with these chronic nosebleeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "May I be a flashlight to all beings living in life's dreary and despicable basement" - Sean C.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Beakon View Post
    I'm learning how to "flow" with these chronic nosebleeds.
    I have those too; metta to us for your nose and mine. _()_

gassho
    doyu sat/lah

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Beakon View Post
    I wanted to mention an observation in my practice with Zazenkai. When we are listening to the chants that sets a mood for meditation. I feel my concentration strengthen when the Ino chants. What do experienced Zen practitioners call this phenomena?
    It is called, "Groovin with the Ino" ... and ancient old practice.

If anyone is interested, I did do up some audio files awhile ago of chanting ... then yah can groove to the Ino day in and day out.

Audio Chants: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...C1fRXR5bHRKSmM

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    It is called, "Groovin with the Ino" ... and ancient old practice.

If anyone is interested, I did do up some audio files awhile ago of chanting ... then yah can groove to the Ino day in and day out.

Audio Chants: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...C1fRXR5bHRKSmM

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    We love your sick beats, Shingen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "May I be a flashlight to all beings living in life's dreary and despicable basement" - Sean C.T.

Thank you Jundo!

Wonderful to see everyone today.

Thank you everyone. I sat with you all this morning.

Thank you for the talk Jundo

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you everyone!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Sat with you all. Thank you!
    Go with the flow through next week.

Gassho
    Teiro

sat/lah

Thank you everyone for this Zazenkai.
    Good week to all.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sat on demand. That you all

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you everyone, sat with you all this morning on demand.

Gassho,

Neil

STLah.

Just finished sitting this zazenkai. Thank you, sangha. Thank you, Jundo. Just the talk I needed.

Gassho,
    Melanie
    SatToday/LAH

Finally got to sit this one. Even busy schedules are impermanent, though it often doesn't feel that way. Thanks everyone!

Technical question: has anybody else been having trouble with the sound quality on these videos or is it just me? The last few zazenkais the audio has been cutting in and out pretty badly in places.

Gassho,
    Kyōshin
    Satlah

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kyoshin, I haven’t noticed any issues with the audio recordings.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Kokuu