Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Soto Zen Practice at Europe

  1. #1

    Soto Zen Practice at Europe

    Hi

    I share this one.



    Jundo said at Zazenkai,I will go to Europe...

    Umm.

    I just invite to go from official Soto sect.

    But I need to do lots of roles of here in Japan.

    I feel air and sit Zazen at there.


    Please wait Europe : )

    Kakunen
    Nine bows
    Sat today
    Gassho

  2. #2
    Hi Kakunen

    We look forward to receiving you when you are ready!

    Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

  3. #3
    Hi

    Head Monk Nakagawa at video.

    I practiced at Zen temple at Myotoku-ji.

    Head monk Furusaka who is teacher at Eihei-ji(1st temple) and teached at Fumon-ji.
    And I met Monk Nakagawa at Myotoku-ji.

    I feel our big Sangha is one

    Gassho
    Sat today
    Kakunen
    Last edited by Kakunen; 04-24-2019 at 07:36 PM.

  4. #4
    Hi Kakunen,
    Thank you for the video which I was searching for.
    And you're most welcome to Europe when feeling up to!

    Gassho
    Washin
    sattoday
    Wa (和) Harmony
    Shin (心) Heart-Mind

  5. #5
    Lovely!

    Let me also take this opportunity to introduce some of Nishijima Roshi's other Dharma Kids in Europe. Many actually are kind of rebels who broke off from the Deshimaru Lineage when they felt it was becoming a bit too formal and churchy in its connection to Soto-shu, so they tend to be rather independent types. Like here. There are other good folks among Nishijima's students whom i don't know so well, but the following are well worth a visit if you ever are nearby.

    in France ...

    Jiun Éric Rommelučre is the founder of Un Zen Occidental in Paris, He is a great modernizer:

    http://www.zen-occidental.net/enseignant.html



    Lyon has Jean-Marc Bazy, a great fellow ...

    http://dogensangha.fr/index/



    My good friend Fr. Gustav Ericsson is also a priest in the Lutheran Church of Sweden. He visited Treeleaf Japan a couple of times ...



    https://www.amazon.co.jp/Christian-J.../dp/1503226786

    Yudo Seggelke is in Germany ...

    http://yudoseggelke.de/

    ... as is Gabriele Linnneback in Dresden, who translated Shobogenzo into German with Nishijima Roshi ...

    http://zen-dojo-dresden.de/lehrerin.html

    Dagmar Doko Waskoenig is in Germany and Austria, and is a very interesting teacher who is very serious about the Vinaya, and became a full Vinaya nun ...

    https://www.shobogendo.de/meditation/#meister

    Here appears to be a TV profile about her and her Sangha ... she has such graceful movements and form ...



    I will think of more. They are very spread around, such as this group in Spain connected to Yudo i believe.



    Of course, there is Taigu and his students at the Blue Mountain White Clouds Hermitage ....

    https://www.facebook.com/bluemountainhermitage/

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-24-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  6. #6
    Member Geika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego County, California
    We are a big family. And I'm proud to see that we are a little on the feisty side.

    Gassho

    Sat today, lah
    迎 Geika

  7. #7
    We are about to be in the Czech Republic and in Hungary. Anybody home there?

    Gassho
    Meishin
    Stlah

  8. #8
    Good morning from Japan.

    I will keep on practicing in Japan for few month.

    Antai-ji where I practiced at there,also and maybe lots of monk
    and Sanzen-sha(参禅者)practice now.



    I don't know what will happen in future.
    I need to take breakfast right now : )

    Gassho
    Sat today
    Kakunen

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Meishin View Post
    We are about to be in the Czech Republic and in Hungary. Anybody home there?

    Gassho
    Meishin
    Stlah
    There is a group related to Nishijima Roshi in Czech, but I do not know them ...

    https://www.dogenzen.net/

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    There is a group related to Nishijima Roshi in Czech, but I do not know them ...

    https://www.dogenzen.net/

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    Thank you, Jundo

    Gassho
    Meishin
    Stlah

  11. #11
    Thanks for sharing this, Kakunen. You are very welcome over here in Europe

    Gassho
    Souchi

    SatToday

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Meishin View Post
    We are about to be in the Czech Republic and in Hungary. Anybody home there?

    Gassho
    Meishin
    Stlah
    In Hungary Wikipedia knows of six Zen sanghas, and of course Gabor Terebess lives there.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_Hungary

    gassho
    doyu sat today and lent a hand

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyū View Post
    In Hungary Wikipedia knows of six Zen sanghas, and of course Gabor Terebess lives there.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_Hungary

    gassho
    doyu sat today and lent a hand
    Thank you, Doyu.

    Gassho
    Meishin
    Stlah

  14. #14

    Soto Zen Practice at Europe

    禅の種をまく

    動画を共有します。私はここでは唯一の日本人ですか?



    もう少しこの禅のきっかけを作った日本と日本人を尊敬してみてはどうですか?

    合掌
    九拝
    廓然
    Last edited by Kakunen; 05-05-2019 at 06:33 PM.

  15. #15
    Hi Kakunen,

    You say ...

    Sowing the seeds of Zen

    Am I the only Japanese person here?

    How about respecting Japan and the Japanese who created the trigger for this a little more?
    You may be the only Japanese member right now. Folks in Japan have plenty of opportunity to engage in Zen in Japanese language, online and offline.

    Actually, Zen came from India and China, Korea and Japan, then moved on to the Americas, Europe and other places. In fact, Zen comes from the universe and Big Bang and maybe beyond that!

    However, we do respect and honor Japanese Zen and Japanese culture! So much of what we do comes from and honors Japanese traditions, such as Oryoki and Master Dogen. It is interesting, because sometimes people criticize our Sangha for being TOO Japanese! Some Zen groups, like many of the Deshimaru Lineage groups in Japan, are trying to be very very Japanese (I sometimes say "more Japanese than the Japanese"), and that is good for them! All good.

    Maybe it is like pizza. Japanese people now eat interesting pizza that looks and tastes like this, without consulting either Italians or Americans. However, it is very delicious to Japanese people (and to many non-Japanese too) and nutritious, so that is enough.



    More here ...
    https://gurunavi.com/en/japanfoodie/...1KLv-OiXBxndlL

    Gassho, Jundo

    STLah

    translation:

    あなたは今唯一の日本人メンバーかもしれません。日本の人々は、オンラインでもオフラインでも、日本語で禅 に接触する機会がたくさんあります。

    実際、禪はインドと中国、韓国と日本から来て、それからアメリカ、ヨーロッパと他の場所に移動しました。実 際、Zenは宇宙とビッグバンから来ています。その前かもしれません。

    しかし、私たちは日本の禅と日本の文化を尊重し、尊重します!私たちがしていることの大部分は、應量器や道 元禅師などの日本の伝統に由来し、尊重されています。面白いのは、時には人々が私たちのサンガをあまりにも 日本風だと非難するからです!多くのDeshimaru 系統グループのように、いくつかのZenグループはとても日本風にしようとしています(私は「日本人より日 本人」と言うことがあります)。すべて良いです。

    たぶんそれはピザのようです。日本人は今、イタリア人やアメリカ人のどちらにも相談することなく、このよう な外観と味の興味深いピザを食べます。しかし、それは日本人にとって非常に美味しく(そして多くの外国人に とっても)栄養価が高いので、それで十分です。
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-05-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Kakunen,

    You say ...



    You may be the only Japanese member right now. Folks in Japan have plenty of opportunity to engage in Zen in Japanese language, online and offline.

    Actually, Zen came from India and China, Korea and Japan, then moved on to the Americas, Europe and other places. In fact, Zen comes from the universe and Big Bang and maybe beyond that!

    However, we do respect and honor Japanese Zen and Japanese culture! So much of what we do comes from and honors Japanese traditions, such as Oryoki and Master Dogen. It is interesting, because sometimes people criticize our Sangha for being TOO Japanese! Some Zen groups, like many of the Deshimaru Lineage groups in Japan, are trying to be very very Japanese (I sometimes say "more Japanese than the Japanese"), and that is good for them! All good.

    Maybe it is like pizza. Japanese people now eat interesting pizza that looks and tastes like this, without consulting either Italians or Americans. However, it is very delicious to Japanese people (and to many non-Japanese too) and nutritious, so that is enough.



    More here ...
    https://gurunavi.com/en/japanfoodie/...1KLv-OiXBxndlL

    Gassho, Jundo

    STLah

    translation:

    あなたは今唯一の日本人メンバーかもしれません。日本の人々は、オンラインでもオフラインでも、日本語で禅 に接触する機会がたくさんあります。

    実際、禪はインドと中国、韓国と日本から来て、それからアメリカ、ヨーロッパと他の場所に移動しました。実 際、Zenは宇宙とビッグバンから来ています。その前かもしれません。

    しかし、私たちは日本の禅と日本の文化を尊重し、尊重します!私たちがしていることの大部分は、應量器や道 元禅師などの日本の伝統に由来し、尊重されています。面白いのは、時には人々が私たちのサンガをあまりにも 日本風だと非難するからです!多くのDeshimaru 系統グループのように、いくつかのZenグループはとても日本風にしようとしています(私は「日本人より日 本人」と言うことがあります)。すべて良いです。

    たぶんそれはピザのようです。日本人は今、イタリア人やアメリカ人のどちらにも相談することなく、このよう な外観と味の興味深いピザを食べます。しかし、それは日本人にとって非常に美味しく(そして多くの外国人に とっても)栄養価が高いので、それで十分です。
    I think I don’t need to practice so hard.
    I just try to accept truth.

    I play with cats at Station



    Gassho
    Sat today
    Kakunen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Yes, cats don't care if person is Japanese or not, only that they have warm lap.

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •