Thread: Blog updates fail

Blog updates fail

Hello friends, for some time now I've been receiving email updates for Shokai's blog. I noticed that they recently stopped, despite the fact that I'm apparently still subscribed. I applied the usual tactic of unsubscribing and resubscribing but still no updates. Any advice?
    Also I wondered if there is anyone here willing to help me with a small but incredibly annoying computer problem? It might mean email communication as I would have to send a short video of my computer screen.
    Many thanks!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Me too although I hadn’t actually noticed until I saw your posting here.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Tairin View Post
    Me too although I hadn’t actually noticed until I saw your posting here.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    Tairin, I just realised that I'm not getting any updates at all from forum threads. Hopefully this will be attended to.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Is this subscription issue resolved??
    sorry, I can't help; I keep getting timed out and need to log back in

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    Is this subscription issue resolved??
    sorry, I can't help; I keep getting timed out and need to log back in

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    Hey Shokai,

If you click the "remember me" check box you won't get logged out. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Unfortunately no Shokai, all very odd but I'm hopeful that one of our tech team will be able to help.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Shingen;
    Thanks. I have to wonder how that gets unchecked. Sekishi helped with that a while back but I had forgotten.
    gassho, Shokai
    stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    Shingen;
    Thanks. I have to wonder how that gets unchecked. Sekishi helped with that a while back but I had forgotten.
    gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    I think it is actually Sekishi playing with us ... he is the "Remember Me" guru. LOL

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    I think it is actually Sekishi playing with us ... he is the "Remember Me" guru. LOL
    Yah right, I can barely remember who I am most days lately.

As to Meitou's original question -- I know last year in an attempt to simplify some of the forum and blog user interface elements, we decided to turn off / hide some of the actual buttons and widgets for things related to blogs and groups. But I don't know of any changes that would stop the email notification from working. I've added a note to my TODO list and will look at it in the next few days.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

I can barely remember who I am most days
    Sekishi; I can relate

Gassho, Shokai
    stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Yah right, I can barely remember who I am most days lately.
    I can relate too. =)

Just as an fyi ... I have noticed that notifications are a bit funny and selective these days. I get all notifications via Tapatalk, but when it comes directly from the forum, it is be funky.

Just the quoted post from you Sekishi, I did get it as a notification to my email, but it actually came from Tapatalk and not the forum.

Not sure if that helps or makes it more confusing ... but there yah have it.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Just as an fyi ... I have noticed that notifications are a bit funny and selective these days. I get all notifications via Tapatalk, but when it comes directly from the forum, it is be funky.

Just the quoted post from you Sekishi, I did get it as a notification to my email, but it actually came from Tapatalk and not the forum.

Not sure if that helps or makes it more confusing ... but there yah have it.
    Thank you for the info Shingen.

I did a quick check of the following:

1. Mail stuck in the queue. There is none addressed to your usual "zenj****" email address.
    2. SPAM / Blacklists. Treeleaf is not listed on any of the top 100 or so blacklists I usually check.

I might have to punt this to Seimyo and see if he has any ideas.

Stay tuned.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you for the info Shingen.

I did a quick check of the following:

1. Mail stuck in the queue. There is none addressed to your usual "zenj****" email address.
    2. SPAM / Blacklists. Treeleaf is not listed on any of the top 100 or so blacklists I usually check.

I might have to punt this to Seimyo and see if he has any ideas.

Stay tuned.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Thanks Sekishi ... Appreciate the fine details. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Thanks for looking into this, much appreciated. I don't use Tapatalk by the way.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I have a theory. Posting to see if my theory holds but frankly I may need someone else to post to this thread

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Hi all,

After testing with a number of different email addresses at different ISPs, I think we are a little closer to understanding this issue. I believe the forum is still sending out notification emails, but some ISPs are not delivering them (or flagging them as SPAM). In particular I saw deliverability issues with gmail, protonmail, and a few other large mail providers.

I made some changes behind the scenes today to provide better authentication for the treeleaf mail server (updated DKIM and SPF records for the technically curious among us). If these updates work, it might still take a day or two for the new changes to get picked up by large ISPs. So I'll run another round of tests in a few days.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

Thank you Sekishi ... will keep an eye out ... or two. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Hi all,

After testing with a number of different email addresses at different ISPs, I think we are a little closer to understanding this issue. I believe the forum is still sending out notification emails, but some ISPs are not delivering them (or flagging them as SPAM). In particular I saw deliverability issues with gmail, protonmail, and a few other large mail providers.

I made some changes behind the scenes today to provide better authentication for the treeleaf mail server (updated DKIM and SPF records for the technically curious among us). If these updates work, it might still take a day or two for the new changes to get picked up by large ISPs. So I'll run another round of tests in a few days.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Yes, this may be the problem; I use Gmail and mail from Treeleaf always comes up flagged as lacking authentication. I'll let you know if there's any change.
    Since yesterday morning my computer has been running OK, but in the likely event that this strange problem it has happens again, I'm going to attempt to get it on video and post it here in the hope that someone can help me. Would that be OK? I'm usually pretty good at resolving my tech issues but this has got me beat.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Hey Sekishi,

Whatever you did seems to be working ... as this morning I received a couple emails from Treeleaf. Will keep you posted ... thank you sir. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Yes. Working for me as well.

Thank you.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Lots of emails in my inbox this morning, yay!
    Thank you Sekishi.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island