Thread: March 8th-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

March 8th-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

No netcast due to technical issues. so please sit instead with this "classic" Zazenkai from years ago ...

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, A LINK TO JOIN WILL BE POSTED BELOW IN THIS THREAD ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE START TIME. JUST CLICK AND JOIN. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED::

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please join us in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra (although please keep your microphone muted). You can download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

Not everyone realizes that they can join in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra, Verse of Atonement and Four Vows (although we ask that you keep your microphone down). Please follow along with the Chant Book, and let your voice ring!

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-09-2019 at 02:57 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, I will be there live two way. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

I shall join in the two-way festivities.

Gassho,
    然芸 Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

Thank you very much.

I will sit on one way.

Gassho
    Sat today
    Kakunen

Sitting this one-way, from my house instead of the hospital this week, yay!

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

My plan is to be there one-way. But the weather is not cooperating today.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you, Jundo. I will join live, two-way, tech allowing.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I'll be there two way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Thank you Jundo, I will be there live two way. =)
    Our internet connection has been deplorable today. Shingen, if I'm a choppy mess as Ino tonight, please feel free to step in.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    I'll be there two way.

Our internet connection has been deplorable today. Shingen, if I'm a choppy mess as Ino tonight, please feel free to step in.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Rodger dodger from the other side of the web. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Youtube is telling me some technical issue with broadcast service, to try again about 10 to the hour. If there is no signal after that, well, we that is the reason.

We speak of "technical non-problems" around here.

Hi Everyone,
    joining you all live oneway
    _()_
    sosen
    st/lah

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Youtube is telling me some technical issue with broadcast service, to try again about 10 to the hour. If there is no signal after that, well, we that is the reason.

We speak of "technical non-problems" around here.
    I can always try too at this end if you are having issues ...

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Don’ see u guys

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No netcast. so please sit instead with this "classic" Zazenkai from several years ago ...

Last edited by Jundo; 03-09-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Thank you, Jundo and Sekishi. A good perspective on "technical non-problems" from Jundo. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all for coming together to practice.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #nondifficult
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, Sekishi, and the blast to the past. Have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Jakuden
    SatToday

I was hustling to make it to tonight's Zazenkai. My wife only ate one meal this afternoon, so I pitched in to make dinner. My excuse not to make it was these BBQ Jackfruit Nachos:

I wanted to be a better bodhisattva today. I fed my neighbour. She said that she will split the cost of a snow shovel with me for offering to shovel her snow. Good karma. Tonight was a samu night. I cleaned the kitchen, now me and the Mrs. are drinking hot tea to relax before bed.

Sorry about the technical difficulties. I was racing against time to make it tonight.

Metta
    Sean
    Sat Today

"May I be a flashlight to all beings living in life's dreary and despicable basement" - Sean C.T.

Sounds lovely, Sean.

Thank you for the old zazenkai!

Gassho,
    Anant
    Sat

Jundo you make a wonderful one man band

Thank you to the YouTubes, the data centres, and the hard drives that make seeing these classic Zazenkai possible.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Sorry for the tech issues! I am sure that will be resolved in due time.
    Did I hear correctly that there is an owl in the house as well? (is, or was, at the time)
    Every now and then I see, and hear, the occasional barred owl -even here in the city in Richmond....
    gassho
    sean
    sat,lah

Hello all,

Just sat with this nice blast from the past.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Lovely to be with everyone across time.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hello all,

Just sat with this nice blast from the past.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    You had hair!

Gassho, J

STLah

Thank you for this Zazenkai!
    As I was time shifting anyhow, I did not realize there were technical problems.

But it did not feel like time travel. The birds outside my window were chirping as if in a dialogue with the birds in the recording. That gave a sense of being connected to Tsukuba.

Gero (sat today and lah)