Thread: find meditation rooms

find meditation rooms

i do not remember where to find the meditation rooms.. one was free and the other for common meditation, if i di remember it correct..

Meister Eckhart ‘Nothing in all creation is so like God as stillness.’

Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post
    i do not remember where to find the meditation rooms.. one was free and the other for common meditation, if i di remember it correct..
    Hey there,

You can find them here along with the sitting calendar.

Sitting rooms & calendar: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

thank you, Shingen.

aprapti (blush for being impolite)

std
    Last edited by aprapti; 02-01-2019 at 09:06 PM.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    I still the think that the https://www.treeleaf.org/now/ page should be part of the main Forum list of topics, with an appropriate descriptive text. This would make the availability of the SSRs, FSRs and Sewing Rooms more visible to all.
    Jundo, perhaps a Sit Along With Jundo "In These Virtual Sangha Rooms" could be a leader, as we seem to be way past the beta testing stage. Just my 0.2 euros or 0.002 pence sterling.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Sat Today / lah

Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    I still the think that the https://www.treeleaf.org/now/ page should be part of the main Forum list of topics, with an appropriate descriptive text. This would make the availability of the SSRs, FSRs and Sewing Rooms more visible to all.
    Jundo, perhaps a Sit Along With Jundo "In These Virtual Sangha Rooms" could be a leader, as we seem to be way past the beta testing stage. Just my 0.2 euros or 0.002 pence sterling.
    I must admit I am also a bit confused how to find them. Let me talk to Sekishi & Co. and come up with a plan to make the gateway from here more obvious.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    We could put it in a new area, but the "NOW" page is accessed by the "Calendar" link at the top of the page. But we could make it a sticky thread if that works too?

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I'm up for whatever. I think the NOW feature is well past beta testing now. The only real question is just how public we wish to make it (e.g. if we publicize it widely do we risk having non-members show up in the rooms to troll, etc.).

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    I'm up for whatever. I think the NOW feature is well past beta testing now. The only real question is just how public we wish to make it (e.g. if we publicize it widely do we risk having non-members show up in the rooms to troll, etc.).

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Hey Sekishi,

I for one would not want non-members to have access ... I feel this service is for the Sangha not the general internet population.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I agree Shingen. That’s why we haven’t made it more visible up until this point.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Maybe a more visible trial period for, say, just the FSR and see if it draws any Trolls - would not want to put the more organised and formal scheduled SSR sits at risks. If we go a few months without disruption, you could consider making the other "rooms" visible in a similar manner. Opinions of other FSRer would be helpful here. If its too much of a risk then I am happy to back off and sit.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Sat Today / lah

Just in case trolls should appear (they seem unlikely), was there not a "password" option if I recall? Then only registered members who receive the password would have access.

Thank you guys.

We could start a new "subforum" on the main forum page that really only has one purpose a visible gateway to NOW, and it would be (like "all of life") visible only to registered members.

Would that work? We Could put it, for example, right below "Friday/Saturday Treeleaf Zazenkai Netcasts" and right above the "Engaged Projects" subforum.

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Just in case trolls should appear (they seem unlikely), was there not a "password" option if I recall? Then only registered members who receive the password would have access.

Thank you guys.

We could start a new "subforum" on the main forum page that really only has one purpose a visible gateway to NOW, and it would be (like "all of life") visible only to registered members.

Would that work? We Could put it, for example, right below "Friday/Saturday Treeleaf Zazenkai Netcasts" and right above the "Engaged Projects" subforum.

Gassho, J

STLah
    But again, I personally don't want it open to the public. We have had issues before ... so why reintroduce this issue?

I think the placement in the header has been great thus far, so why fix what is not broken? I understand what is being asked to make it easier, but we have had good success this far.

If we make a sub-forum, again this should only be avaiable to member's ...

Just my two cents as I do a lot of hosting of sits ... plus, the new format if the broadcast is not a live recorded event, one cannot mute or remove people. So if we have a troll, we have no control with them and would hope they do what is asked. This can and could be disruptive to other sitters.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

i can say, that the link Shingen gave me was absolutely sufficient to find the place and to use it... for me nothing more would be needed

aprapti

std

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    But again, I personally don't want it open to the public. We have had issues before ... so why reintroduce this issue?

I think the placement in the header has been great thus far, so why fix what is not broken? I understand what is being asked to make it easier, but we have had good success this far.

If we make a sub-forum, again this should only be avaiable to member's ...

Just my two cents as I do a lot of hosting of sits ... plus, the new format if the broadcast is not a live recorded event, one cannot mute or remove people. So if we have a troll, we have no control with them and would hope they do what is asked. This can and could be disruptive to other sitters.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    Hi Shingen,

Just was making a suggestion for Seishin's idea. have no preference on this at all. If we do make a new subforum gateway, it could be visible only to registered members (Like "All of Life" subforum is now). I

If one of us makes a sticky to explain about it, to be put in ether "the "Zen Zazen" subforum (public) or "All of Life" (members only), that is another possibility.

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Shingen,

Just was making a suggestion for Seishin's idea. have no preference on this at all. If we do make a new subforum gateway, it could be visible only to registered members (Like "All of Life" subforum is now). I

If one of us makes a sticky to explain about it, to be put in ether "the "Zen Zazen" subforum (public) or "All of Life" (members only), that is another possibility.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Thanks Jundo .. that sounds good to me. I know you were just making a suggestions, which was good, I was just wanting to make the point of security for all. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現