Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: find meditation rooms

  1. #1

    find meditation rooms

    i do not remember where to find the meditation rooms.. one was free and the other for common meditation, if i di remember it correct..

    Meister Eckhart ‘Nothing in all creation is so like God as stillness.’

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post
    i do not remember where to find the meditation rooms.. one was free and the other for common meditation, if i di remember it correct..
    Hey there,

    You can find them here along with the sitting calendar.

    Sitting rooms & calendar: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/

    Gassho
    Shingen

    Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  3. #3
    thank you, Shingen.


    aprapti (blush for being impolite)

    std
    Last edited by aprapti; 02-01-2019 at 09:06 PM.

    Meister Eckhart ‘Nothing in all creation is so like God as stillness.’

  4. #4
    Member Seishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    I still the think that the https://www.treeleaf.org/now/ page should be part of the main Forum list of topics, with an appropriate descriptive text. This would make the availability of the SSRs, FSRs and Sewing Rooms more visible to all.
    Jundo, perhaps a Sit Along With Jundo "In These Virtual Sangha Rooms" could be a leader, as we seem to be way past the beta testing stage. Just my 0.2 euros or 0.002 pence sterling.


    Seishin

    Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart



    Sat Today / lah

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    I still the think that the https://www.treeleaf.org/now/ page should be part of the main Forum list of topics, with an appropriate descriptive text. This would make the availability of the SSRs, FSRs and Sewing Rooms more visible to all.
    Jundo, perhaps a Sit Along With Jundo "In These Virtual Sangha Rooms" could be a leader, as we seem to be way past the beta testing stage. Just my 0.2 euros or 0.002 pence sterling.
    I must admit I am also a bit confused how to find them. Let me talk to Sekishi & Co. and come up with a plan to make the gateway from here more obvious.

    Gassho, Jundo

    STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    I still the think that the https://www.treeleaf.org/now/ page should be part of the main Forum list of topics, with an appropriate descriptive text. This would make the availability of the SSRs, FSRs and Sewing Rooms more visible to all.
    Jundo, perhaps a Sit Along With Jundo "In These Virtual Sangha Rooms" could be a leader, as we seem to be way past the beta testing stage. Just my 0.2 euros or 0.002 pence sterling.
    We could put it in a new area, but the "NOW" page is accessed by the "Calendar" link at the top of the page. But we could make it a sticky thread if that works too?

    Gassho
    Shingen

    Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  7. #7
    Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    I'm up for whatever. I think the NOW feature is well past beta testing now. The only real question is just how public we wish to make it (e.g. if we publicize it widely do we risk having non-members show up in the rooms to troll, etc.).

    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

    As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    I'm up for whatever. I think the NOW feature is well past beta testing now. The only real question is just how public we wish to make it (e.g. if we publicize it widely do we risk having non-members show up in the rooms to troll, etc.).

    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Hey Sekishi,

    I for one would not want non-members to have access ... I feel this service is for the Sangha not the general internet population.

    Gassho
    Shingen

    Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  9. #9
    Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    I agree Shingen. That’s why we haven’t made it more visible up until this point.

    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sekishi
    石志

    As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

  10. #10
    Member Seishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Maybe a more visible trial period for, say, just the FSR and see if it draws any Trolls - would not want to put the more organised and formal scheduled SSR sits at risks. If we go a few months without disruption, you could consider making the other "rooms" visible in a similar manner. Opinions of other FSRer would be helpful here. If its too much of a risk then I am happy to back off and sit.


    Seishin

    Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart



    Sat Today / lah

  11. #11
    Just in case trolls should appear (they seem unlikely), was there not a "password" option if I recall? Then only registered members who receive the password would have access.

    Thank you guys.

    We could start a new "subforum" on the main forum page that really only has one purpose a visible gateway to NOW, and it would be (like "all of life") visible only to registered members.

    Would that work? We Could put it, for example, right below "Friday/Saturday Treeleaf Zazenkai Netcasts" and right above the "Engaged Projects" subforum.

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Just in case trolls should appear (they seem unlikely), was there not a "password" option if I recall? Then only registered members who receive the password would have access.

    Thank you guys.

    We could start a new "subforum" on the main forum page that really only has one purpose a visible gateway to NOW, and it would be (like "all of life") visible only to registered members.

    Would that work? We Could put it, for example, right below "Friday/Saturday Treeleaf Zazenkai Netcasts" and right above the "Engaged Projects" subforum.

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    But again, I personally don't want it open to the public. We have had issues before ... so why reintroduce this issue?

    I think the placement in the header has been great thus far, so why fix what is not broken? I understand what is being asked to make it easier, but we have had good success this far.

    If we make a sub-forum, again this should only be avaiable to member's ...

    Just my two cents as I do a lot of hosting of sits ... plus, the new format if the broadcast is not a live recorded event, one cannot mute or remove people. So if we have a troll, we have no control with them and would hope they do what is asked. This can and could be disruptive to other sitters.

    Gassho
    Shingen

    Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  13. #13
    i can say, that the link Shingen gave me was absolutely sufficient to find the place and to use it... for me nothing more would be needed



    aprapti

    std

    Meister Eckhart ‘Nothing in all creation is so like God as stillness.’

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    But again, I personally don't want it open to the public. We have had issues before ... so why reintroduce this issue?

    I think the placement in the header has been great thus far, so why fix what is not broken? I understand what is being asked to make it easier, but we have had good success this far.

    If we make a sub-forum, again this should only be avaiable to member's ...

    Just my two cents as I do a lot of hosting of sits ... plus, the new format if the broadcast is not a live recorded event, one cannot mute or remove people. So if we have a troll, we have no control with them and would hope they do what is asked. This can and could be disruptive to other sitters.

    Gassho
    Shingen

    Sat/LAH
    Hi Shingen,

    Just was making a suggestion for Seishin's idea. have no preference on this at all. If we do make a new subforum gateway, it could be visible only to registered members (Like "All of Life" subforum is now). I

    If one of us makes a sticky to explain about it, to be put in ether "the "Zen Zazen" subforum (public) or "All of Life" (members only), that is another possibility.

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Shingen,

    Just was making a suggestion for Seishin's idea. have no preference on this at all. If we do make a new subforum gateway, it could be visible only to registered members (Like "All of Life" subforum is now). I

    If one of us makes a sticky to explain about it, to be put in ether "the "Zen Zazen" subforum (public) or "All of Life" (members only), that is another possibility.

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    Thanks Jundo .. that sounds good to me. I know you were just making a suggestions, which was good, I was just wanting to make the point of security for all. =)

    Gassho
    Shingen

    Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  16. #16
    My question may be tangential to this discussion -- if I enter the free meditation room, am I creating a hangout link or joining one that's already there? I understand about inviting others (I presume forum members) but, is it possible that I may go there and someone else is already present? I have sat several times alone, with the camera going, and that was fine by me, I'm just trying to understand the implications of the mechanics better, so as to hone my etiquette a bit. _()_

    gassho
    doyu sat today
    "With thoughts clear, sitting silently, wander into the center of the circle of wonder." --Hongzhi

  17. #17
    Hello Doyu,

    when you are using the meeting rooms (free / scheduled etc.) with the links on the https://www.treeleaf.org/now/ page, you're using an already existing hangout (room).
    Technically, there is a code ( a character string), that defines in which hangout/room you will go, hidden in that link.
    So everyone, who clicks on that link, uses the same identification code and with this, the same hangout / room.
    You may bump into someone already sitting there, or someone may join you later.

    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Last edited by Kotei; 05-13-2019 at 07:25 AM.
    古庭 KoTei / Ralf

  18. #18
    Thank you so much. _()_

    gassho
    doyu
    sat today
    "With thoughts clear, sitting silently, wander into the center of the circle of wonder." --Hongzhi

  19. #19
    I think the calendar link is a good enough place for general info but it would be nice to have a pinned discussion area for things like updates to the sitting schedules, posts about the leader not being able to make a scheduled sit etc.

    SAT/LAH

    Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •