Thread: Finding One's Way Through the Website

Finding One's Way Through the Website

Just recently joined. Challenged by the multiplicity of "threads," topics, even the basics of how to navigate this platform. Perhaps there are others who are daunted by this but at the same time overjoyed (oops, attachment!) to find such a resource online. So I persist.

Here is what I have learned so far:

While wandering around the site, you can bookmark essential pages you happen upon. Some you will find with the many helpful links, but others you will just have to stumble upon. I have not yet figured out how to search a topic, but I do have about 5 bookmarks to refer to.

I quickly learned what Sat Today means, but it took a bit of effort to find LAH. YET, with persistence, I eventually found it and bookmarked! https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...l=1#post199351 (I am looking at a four line long URL, which I hope becomes "link" on this post. Another learning moment.

It is good to resume zazen practice. Treeleaf will be a great support for doing so.

It was great to see the New Year's Zazenkai and see what the Google Hangouts can do, but am still challenged to get it running on my computer. All in good time.

Gassho, mmorr, Sat Today

Hi Marian,

Glad to hear you're learning your way around! The forum can be really overwhelming at first. Take your time, and as Jundo always says, don't feel you have to read everything! But don't be shy to ask if there's something you're having trouble finding, I guarantee someone will always be happy to point the way.

The "Search" box is on the upper right hand side, close to where you sign in and out. It can be a little frustrating sometimes, but I find the best success with it when I enter two or three very specific words. I'm not a technical genius, others will probably have more tips about how to use it.

One of my favorite ways to look at the forum, now that I've been here a while, is to click on "New Posts," which is on the upper left, next to the "Private Messages" button. It will show you the latest threads where people are talking, and you can scan them and click on the ones that look interesting.

With time and practice, I promise, the forum will become more familiar and much more manageable.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat + lah
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

It can be daunting at first - heck sometimes I get a little lost. Anyway, another possible resource are the Sanga Buddhies.

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...angha-Buddhies

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding.