Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TREELEAF SANGHA online 2-DAY ANGO-JUKAI-ROHATSU RETREAT -- 2018 -- MAIN PAGE

TREELEAF SANGHA online 2-DAY ANGO-JUKAI-ROHATSU RETREAT -- 2018 -- MAIN PAGE

WELCOME ...

... to our TREELEAF 'ALWAYS AT HOME' Two Day 'ALL ONLINE' ROHATSU (Buddha's Enlightenment Day) RETREAT, being held by LIVE NETCAST on Saturday/Sunday December 8th and 9th, 2018.

Please 'sit-a-long' with the LIVE NETCAST at the times below ... to be visible "live" on the screens below during those hours.

HOWEVER, you may still join the Retreat and sit-a-long at ANY AND ALL TIME after, by the real time recorded version at the links below (no different from the original!).

The full sitting schedule is below, and you may download our CHANT BOOK HERE(LINK to PDF). Our Chant Book now includes recitals, not only of the traditional list of Zen Ancestors, but also of our Female Ancestors and 'Differently Enabled' Ancestors.

Before sitting, please review the various RETREAT POINTERS HERE(LINK to PDF).

Some PREPARATORY LESSONS on topics such as Oryoki, Bowing and other daily procedures are also posted https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...RATORY-LESSONS.

Recordings of each segment are posted below in time order ... and if we drop from mind all thought of 'now' 'then' 'here' and 'there' ... we will all be sitting together right when and where you are!

This Retreat celebrates the 'official' closure of our ANGO (90 day Special Practice Season) at Treeleaf, is a part of current preparations for our JUKAI (Undertaking the Precepts) Ceremony in January, and marks ROHATSU ... the traditional holiday in Japan celebrating the time of the Buddha's Enlightenment.

I, (Jundo) will be guiding the sittings on Saturday and Sunday from Japan, and our Treeleaf Priests including Kyonin (from Mexico), Shingen and Shokai (from Canada), Kokuu (in the UK) and Shugen, Sekishi, Byokan, Jakuden and Shoka (from the USA) with be leading other portions. Because of time zones and other circumstance, one or two portions have been pre-recorded. All other portions will be live.

In case of technical problems, please just go along as best you can with the schedule ... we sit with "what is".. .

OF COURSE, EVERYTHING IN MODERATION ... if the sitting ever feels too much, be sure to walk lots and lots of Kinhin (even if during a sitting period). And if the whole retreat becomes too much, or you feel ill, you may slow down ... , spread things out, shorten the sittings ... or STOP! Be sure that you have someone close by whom you can call, or who can check on you from time to time. If there is any question about health, do not take any chances!

Our thanks to Sangha Member William Anderson for presenting a 15-Minute YOGA LESSON TO HELP US STRETCH DURING ANY BREAK TIME (LINK HERE)

Please write and let us know how it goes. Gassho, Jundo

Our Han (Wooden Block), which hangs outside the front door of our Treeleaf Zendo in Tsukuba, Japan:

It calls all sitters to Zazen. Inscribed is the traditional verse ...

"Life and death are the great matter.
    To waste time is a pity.
    All is impermanent and passes swiftly away.
    Time waits for no one."

DAY 1 UNIT 1
    (Live Netcast: Start = SATURDAY LA 6am / NY 9am / London 2pm / Japan 11pm)
    (ALL TIMES APPROXIMATE, Calculated from LA TIME)

DAY 1
    06:00-06:40 AM Entrance by Officiant (Jundo) & Zazen. If you usually wear a Rakusu, DO NOT wear it yet (keep it in its bag) until Takkesage (Kesa Verse) later in morning.
    06:40-06:50 Kinhin *(All Kinhin times can be bathroom break)
    06:50-07:20 Zazen
    07:20-07:30 Kinhin

07:30-08:05 Zazen + Kesa Verse
    08:05-08:50 "Long" Service.Please follow along in the Sutra Books that will be provided. Floor prostrations when hear ching-ching-ching-ching- ching roll of bell.
    08:50-09:20 REST PERIOD

RECORDING OF ABOVE IS HERE:
    Unit 1-1

DAY 1 UNIT 2
    (Live Netcast: Start = SATURDAY LA 9:20am / NY 12:20pm / London 5:20pm / Japan Sun 2:20am)

09:20-09:50 Oryoki Bring you bowls and small table before start.
    09:50-10:30 Samu/Rest Period Mindfully wash and repack Oryoki bowls.

RECORDING OF ABOVE IS HERE:
    Unit 1-2 Oryoki

DAY 1 UNIT 3
    (Live Netcast: Start = SATURDAY LA 10:30am / NY 1:30pm / London 6:30pm / Sun Japan 3:30am)

10:30-11:10 Zazen
    11:10-11:20 Kinhin
    11:20-12:00 Zazen & Dharma Talk Chant Gatha on Opening Sutra

12:00-12:10 Kinhin
    12:10-12:45 Zazen
    12:45-13:10 REST PERIOD

RECORDING OF THE ABOVE IS HERE:
    Unit 1-3

DAY 1 UNIT 4
    (Live Netcast: Start = SATURDAY LA 1:10pm / NY 4:10pm / London 9:10pm / Sun Japan 6:10am)

13:10-13:40 Samu Work Practice Indoor if night time, Outdoor if daytime and possible
    13:40-14:10 REST PERIOD

RECORDING OF THE ABOVE IS HERE
    Unit 1-4 Samu

DAY 1 UNIT 5
    (Live Netcast: Start = SATURDAY LA 2:10pm / NY 5:10pm / London 10:10pm / Sun Japan 7:10am)

14:10-14:40 Zazen
    14:40-14:50 Kinhin
    14:50-15:30 Zazen & Dharma Talk

15:30-15:40 Kinhin
    15:40-16:10 Zazen
    16:10-16:40 REST PERIOD

Unit 1-5

DAY 1 UNIT 6
    (Live Netcast: Start = SATURDAY LA 4:40pm / NY 7:40pm / London SUNDAY 12:40am / Sun Japan 9:40am)

16:40-17:10 Samu Work Practice Indoor if night time, Outdoor if daytime and possible
    17:10-17:40 REST PERIOD

Unit 1-6 Samu

DAY 1 UNIT 7
    (Live Netcast: Start = SATURDAY LA 5:40pm / NY 8:40pm / SUNDAY London 1:40am / Sun Japan 10:40am)

17:40-18:20 "Short" Service & Zazen Please follow along in the Sutra Books that will be provided. Floor prostrations when here ching-ching-ching-ching- ching roll of bell.
    18:20-18:30 Kinhin

18:30-19:00 Zazen & Dharma Talk
    19:00-19:10 Kinhin
    19:10-19:40 Metta Chant & Zazen Close with Verse of Atonement & Four Vows

Unit-1-7

DAY 1 UNIT 8
    ( No Live Netcast from SATURDAY LA 7:40pm / NY 10:40pm / SUNDAY London 3:40am / Sun Japan 12:40am)
    PLEASE CATCH UP WITH MISSED OVERNIGHT UNITS!

(Optional: Yaza = Tradition of 'All Night Zazen' ... but we recommend you sleep instead.
    See you in the morning)

19:40 PM-
    (Day 2)
    05:45 AM
    BATH & SLEEP

NO RECORDING OF ABOVE

However, this may be a good time for the 15-Minute YOGA LESSON TO HELP US STRETCH (LINK HERE) presented by our Sangha Member William.

DAY 2 UNIT 1
    (Live Netcast: Start = SUNDAY LA 6:00am / NY 9:00am / London 2:00pm / Japan 11:00pm)
    (ALL TIMES APPROXIMATE, Calculated from LA TIME)

06:00-06:30 AM Zazen Begin sitting without instruction. If you usually wear a Rakusu, DO NOT wear it yet (keep it in its bag) until Takkesage (Kesa Verse) later in morning.
    06:30-06:40 Kinhin
    06:40-07:10 Zazen
    07:10-07:20 Kinhin

07:20-07:55 Zazen + Kesa Verse When instructed, place on Kesa and recite Kesa Verse. All others, hands in Gassho.
    07:55-08:30 "Long" Service Please follow along in the Sutra Books that will be provided. Floor prostrations when hear ching-ching-ching-ching- ching roll of bell.
    08:30-09:00 REST PERIOD

Unit 2-1

DAY 2 UNIT 2
    (Live Netcast:Start = SUNDAY LA 9:00am / NY NOON / London 5:00pm / Japan Mon 2:00am)

09:00-09:30 Oryoki Bring you bowls and small table before start.
    09:30-10:10 Samu/Rest Period Mindfully wash and repack Oryoki bowls.

Unit 2-2 Oryoki

DAY 2 UNIT 3
    (Live Netcast: Start = SUNDAY LA 10:10am / NY 1:10pm / London 6:10pm / Japan Mon 3:10am)

10:10-10:40 Zazen & Dharma Talk
    10:40-10:50 Kinhin
    10:50-11:20 Zazen
    11:20-11:50 REST PERIOD

Unit 2-3

DAY 2 UNIT 4
    (Live Netcast:Start = SUNDAY LA 11:50am / NY 2:50pm / London 7:50pm / Japan Mon 4:50am)

11:50-12:20 Samu Work Practice Indoor if night time, Outdoor if daytime and possible
    12:20-12:50 REST PERIOD

Unit 2-4 Samu

DAY 2 UNIT 5
    (Live Netcast: Start = SUNDAY LA 12:50pm / NY 3:50pm / London 8:50pm / Japan Mon 5:50am)

12:50-13:20 Zazen
    13:20-13:30 Kinhin
    13:30-14:00 Zazen & Dharma Talk Chant Gatha on Closing Sutra

14:00-14:10 Kinhin
    14:10-14:40 Zazen
    14:40-15:10 REST PERIOD

Unit 2-5

DAY 2 UNIT 6 - CLOSING
    (Live Netcast: Start = SUNDAY LA 3:10pm / NY 6:10pm / London 11:10pm / Japan Mon 8:10am)

15:10-15:50 "Short" Service & Zazen Please follow along in the Sutra Books that will be provided. Floor prostrations when here ching-ching-ching-ching- ching roll of bell.
    15:50-16:00 Kinhin

16:00-16:25 Fukanzazengi & Zazen
    16:25-16:30 Verse of Atonement & Four Vows ... Closing Words ...

Unit 2-6

Nine Bows to All Who Sat This Retreat Together ...

Last edited by Jundo; 10-15-2021 at 06:33 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

TALKS during our ROHATSU RETREAT:

Our Priests will offer Dharma Talks during this Retreat based on the following Koans from the Book of Serenity.

----------

DAY 1 UNIT 3 - JAKUDEN - Nanquan Kills A Cat (Case 9)

PREFACE TO THE ASSEMBLY
    Kick up the blue ocean and the whole Earth flies like dust. Shout apart the white clouds and the vast sky is crushed like powder. Though you strictly perform the right decree, that is still only half enough. With the great function fully manifested, how can it be applied?

MAIN CASE
    Attention! At Nansen's place one day the monks of the east and west halls were arguing about a cat. Seeing this, Nansen held up the cat saying, "If you can say a word, I won't cut it in two." The assembly made no response. Nansen cut the cat.

Nansen later told Joshu what happened. Joshu took off his straw sandals and, placing them on his head, went out. Nansen remarked, "If you had been here, you could have saved the cat."

APPRECIATORY VERSE
    All monks of both halls were arguing.
    Old Teacher King could put right and wrong to the test.
    By his sharp knife cutting, the shapes were both forgotten.
    A thousand ages love an adept man.
    The Way is still not overthrown.
    The good listener's indeed appreciative.
    For cleaving the mountain to free the river only Laiu is honored.
    For smelting stone and mending heaven only Joka is capable.
    Old Joshu has his own style;
    putting sandals on the head is worth a little.
    Coming upon differences, he's still a luminous mirror;
    true gold does not mix with sand.

----------

DAY 1 UNIT 5 - SHOKA - Ungans Great Compassionate One (Case 54)

PREFACE TO THE ASSEMBLY
    The eight compass points bright and clear. The ten directions unobstructed. Everywhere, bright light shakes the earth. All the time there is marvelous functioning and the supernatural. Tell me: How can this occur?

MAIN CASE
    Attention! Ungan asked Dogo, ''What does the great compassionate bodhisattva do when she uses her manifold hands and eyes?" Dogo said, "It's like a man who reaches behind him at night to search for his pillow." Ungan said, "I understand." Dogo said, "What do you understand?" Ungan said, "All over the body are hands and eyes." Dogo said, "You've really said it—you got eighty percent of it." Ungan asked, "Elder brother, how about you?" Dogo replied, "Throughout the body are hands and eyes."

APPRECIATORY VERSE
    One hole penetrates space. Eight directions are clear and bright.
    Without forms, without self, spring follows the rules.
    Unstopped, unhindered, the moon traverses the sky.
    Clean, pure, jeweled eyes and virtuous arms:
    Where is the approval in "throughout the body" instead of "all over the body"?
    Hands and eyes before you manifest complete functioning.
    The great function is everywhere. How could there be any hindrance?

----------

DAY 1 UNIT 7 - SHINGEN - Beiko's No Enlightenment (Case 62)

PREFACE TO THE ASSEMBLY
    The primary meaning of Bodhidharma's principle muddled Emperor Wu's head. The nodual Dharma gate of Vimalakirti made Manjushri's speech go wrong. Is there anything here of enlightenment to enter and use?

MAIN CASE
    Attention! Master Beiko sent a monk to ask Kyozan, "Do people these days have to attain enlightenment?" Kyozan replied, "It's not that there's no enlightenment, but how can one not fall down into the second level?" The monk related this to Beiko, who wholeheartedly approved it.

APPRECIATORY VERSE
    The second level divides enlightenment and rends delusion.
    Better to promptly let go and discard traps and snares.
    Merit, if not yet extinguished, becomes an extra appendage.
    It is as difficult to know wisdom as to bite one's navel.
    The waning moon's icy disk, autumn dew weeps.
    Benumbed birds, jeweled trees, dawn's breeze chills.
    Bringing it out, great Kyozan discerns true and false.
    Completely without flaw, the splendid jewel is priceless.

----------

DAY 2 UNIT 3 - BYOKAN - Razan's Arising and Vanishing (Case 43)

PREFACE TO THE ASSEMBLY
    A drop of the elixir of life and iron becomes gold. A word of the ultimate principle and the commoner becomes a sage. If you know that gold and iron are not two and that the commoner and the sage are basically the same, then obviously not even a drop is needed. Tell me: What drop is this?

MAIN CASE
    Attention! Razan asked Ganto, "How about when arising and vanishing vanishing are ceaseless?" Ganto scolded and said, "Who is this arising and vanishing?"

APPRECIATORY VERSE
    Cutting old brambles, smashing the fox cave.
    A leopard shrouded in fog has its spots changed.
    A dragon riding lightning has its bones changed.
    Tut! Rising and vanishing snarled up. What is it?

----------

DAY 2 UNIT 5 - KYONIN - Fuketsu's Speck of Dust (Case 34)

PREFACE TO THE ASSEMBLY
    Open-handed and empty fisted, he makes a thousand changes, and ten-thousand transformations. Though he can make something from nothing, how can he escape fiddling with the relative to make a semblance of the real.

MAIN CASE
    Attention! Fuketsu spoke, saying, "When a speck of dust is raised, the nation prospers. When a speck of dust is not raised, the nation is destroyed." Regarding this, Setcho held forth a staff, saying, "Is there any Zen student who has this same death and same life?"

APPRECIATORY VERSE
    Is it to be grey-haired standing up from fishing in Ishwi River,
    or is it to be the men who chose to starve on Shuyo Mountain?
    Within a speck of dust diverse features are distinguished.
    Their fame and exploits are hard to forget.

----------

In addition, Shokai and Kokuu will offer brief Words on the significance of Samu (Work Practice), especially for those folks with health and physical restriction in their Practice. Shugen will offer a brief introduction to the power of Oyoki, and Jundo will recite Master Dogen's Fukanzazengi as part of our Closing festivities. Ceremonies during our Retreat will be led by Jundo, Kokuu, Sekishi and Shugen as Doshi, with the assistance of Sekishi, Shingen and Kyonin as Ino.

... with the support and assistance of all of you who are attending.

Last edited by Jundo; 11-29-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Our Rohatsu Sesshin page is now open. Welcome to all who will sit with us.

Links to join individual hangouts will be posted in this thread shortly before the netcast start time of each particular unit. Click on the link, and you should be able to join. Note that a few portions (such as the Samu of Day 1 Unit 6) are pre-recorded for technical reasons.

Also, Shingen has just been called away suddenly to attend a Rohatsu Retreat with a Sangha in Canada associated with Norman Fischer's Lineage, an opportunity that is very precious. He has also recorded his sections (Day 1 Unit 7 with Kokuu, and Oryoki for Day 2 Unit 2).

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

delete rohatsu 1.jpg
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-30-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Doshin
    Stlah

Happy Rohatsu to everyone!

I like to have a printed copy of the schedule for reference during the weekend. Just in case anyone else will find it useful, here is a link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ro...koL1zTfIS-Nw1W

Gassho,

Shoka
    sattoday

Thank you Shoka!

Frank (Kunzang)

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yes, that was is helpful Shoka. See ya around the Sangha this weekend.

Gassho
    Doshin
    St

Spent some time today cleaning my butsudan, getting everything fresh for rohatsu. Reviewing resources, reading, robes pressed, etc. I also plan to clean the house, as if receiving guests. You will all be here in spirit. Food all picked out and prepped for oryoki.

Since I'm not available on day one, I'll kinda be doing rohatsu backwards...day Two live, then day one recorded. It's all good.

This Rohatsu will be very special, yet just another day. I know you understand that.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Gassho
    Frank
    Satoday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kunzang View Post
    Spent some time today cleaning my butsudan, getting everything fresh for rohatsu. Reviewing resources, reading, robes pressed, etc. I also plan to clean the house, as if receiving guests. You will all be here in spirit. Food all picked out and prepped for oryoki.

Since I'm not available on day one, I'll kinda be doing rohatsu backwards...day Two live, then day one recorded. It's all good.

This Rohatsu will be very special, yet just another day. I know you understand that.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Gassho
    Frank
    Satoday

Awesome, Frank! I love preparing for Rohatsu also Time to sit together beyond all our “stuff” and take what comes, moment by moment.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Jakuden!
    The morning of Rohatsu will be a bit ceremonious for me.
    Some special chanting, music, focus while showering, brushing my teeth, etc.

To sit with the intensity of a lion, yet peaceful as a dove.

The thought of THIS Rohatsu is special for me. Perhaps because jukai is in sight, or perhaps my studies have been more focused the past 6 months. Perhaps the sewing of my rakusu has linked me to the thought of being a bodhisattva... who knows.

But this is the most prepared for Rohatsu, sitting, than I think I've ever been.

Dropping desire...I am.

Gassho
    Frank
    Satoday

I am really looking forward to this. Some life events will mean I will need to time shifting like a slide puzzle but I will be there. And I feel like I really need this.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

I will be able to do only a little of Rohatsu live, but will do all of it over the next few days. I am so very grateful to be here, and to be able to partake.

Gassho,
    Joseph
    Sat/LAH

You deserve to be happy.
    You deserve to be loved.

Looking forward to this Rohatsu! I will sit live when I can, unfortunately I have to work this weekend so I will be following as best as possible.

Gassho,

Rob

SAT

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Will be sitting as much as I can when I can but personal/"family" issues may make it a protracted process, So an On Demand Rohatsu for me.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Planning to sit this Rohatsu, time shifting as little or as much as happens.

Sat/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Love the flexibility!
    I will Be out of town Saturday, so...
    I will do Sunday LIVE as day one, and do Monday, recorded, as day two.
    It all works!

Gassho
    Frank (Kunzang)
    Satoday

Test post to make sure retreat access to the forum is working as expected.

Gassho.
    互助 - Gojo Bodhisattva

互 - mutually;  reciprocally;  together
    助 - help;  rescue;  assist

Gojo is no-one. Gojo is everyone. Together we manifest the hands of the Bodhisattvas!

Please, bear witness and share reports of kindness and compassion in the world: gojo@treeleaf.org

I will be sitting live where possible and on demand where necessary.

Gassho
    Kenshou
    Sat today/LAH

Sent from my 5056I using Tapatalk

Thank you Jundo, will be sitting live and on demand with recordings.
    Thank you Shoka, for the pdf.

Gassho
    Washin
    st
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Fresh flowers for the altar.
    Preparing precious soup.
    Mind open, mouth shut.
    Looking forward to sitting with you all.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

I'm sitting nearly all of this live, with just a little bit of adjustment at the end of Day 1/beginning of Day 2 to accomodate the time difference, internet etc permitting of course.
    Looking forward to sharing this experience with you all.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Offering 108 bows this morning, for Buddha, Dharma and of course, my Sangha for Rohatsu.

Gassho
    Frank

Welcome! The doorway to Day 1 Unit 1 is here ...

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...06458&hl=en_GB

Technical non-problems. Sitting one way.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Technical issue as well.

Gassho,

Rob

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Will keep trying, in the meantime, just sitting,
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sitting
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Just realized that is the first time I have done the Verse of the Kesa with others in real time. Thank you all

Much peace to all.

Looking forward to world premiere later today.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Wonderful to see everyone! Happy Rohatsu!

Gassho,
    Shoka
    Sattoday

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Remember folks, if you can't get into the live event, scroll down in this thread to that unit, and you can sit along in real time with the video as it's happening.

Gassho
    Byokan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you Jundo for the dedication to my father, and for all who sat / will sit. I just heard from my mother and he came out of surgery around the time we started the ceremony this morning. It was successful and I hope to speak with him soon.

Again, thank you all.

Much Metta to all.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Thank you Jundo for the dedication to my father, and for all who sat / will sit. I just heard from my mother and he came out of surgery around the time we started the ceremony this morning. It was successful and I hope to speak with him soon.

Again, thank you all.

Much Metta to all.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Much Metta to you and your family Sekishi. Thank you for all you do for the Sangha.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you everyone! Sekishi, Metta to you, your dad and your family.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    satlah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Sekishi, that's great news

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thanks Shugen! Oryoki was great.

Gassho,
    Shoka
    sat

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone.
    Sending Metta to you and your family, Sekishi.
    Thank you, Shugen. Sorry, I was a minute late... Tablet decided on a reboot for an update just then.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you Shugen

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Thank you Shugen and everyone, it was great to share a meal with you.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    satlah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Here is the link to Day 1, Unit 3:

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...gef5b6xeglnoue

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

My Rohatsu is not going as planned. I suddenly got ill during the first unit with a painful cough and high temperature. So I have to do the Rohatsu in bed. But I am with you as often as I can.

Gassho
    Christian
    Sat Lah

Quote Originally Posted by Severus View Post
    My Rohatsu is not going as planned. I suddenly got ill during the first unit with a painful cough and high temperature. So I have to do the Rohatsu in bed. But I am with you as often as I can.
    I know Jundo would say "then this is your Rohatsu". Please be a reclining Buddha and care for the body-mind.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

Thank you, Sekishi. That I will do.

Gassho
    Christian
    Who couldn’t sit but was a reclining Buddha instead.
    Teiro

Thank you all, honored to be able to follow along live today.

Jakuden your insight into that koan was wonderful. Gassho

James F
    Sat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jakuden;
    Thank you for your most eloquent and sincere teaching

gassho, Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Here is the link for Day 1 Unit 4, Samu with Shokai!

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...pjvqnnj5lzguae
    Gassho,
    Jakuden

Thank you for the wonderful and heartfelt talk Jakuden. Deep gratitude for all the cats you have sewn. May we all speak and act with kindness and wisdom.

Thank you for the Christmas decorations Shokai. May your neighbors and passers by be illuminated by them.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #stackedwood

Sent from my Tricorder using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Anka View Post
    Thank you all, honored to be able to follow along live today.

Jakuden your insight into that koan was wonderful. Gassho

James F
    Sat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    Jakuden;
    Thank you for your most eloquent and sincere teaching

gassho, Shokai

Aw Shucks guys, (and Sekishi too sorry your quote didn't get in there somehow!)

Thank you for the samu Shokai,

Christian, Metta to you, you are still very much here with us on this Retreat--deep bows. And feel better!

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday
    Last edited by Jakuden; 12-08-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Thank you all for your Samu Practice

and Metta to Severus, be well

gassho, Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Deep bows and endless gratitude and wonder!

Byokan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Here is the link for Day 1 Unit 5: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...dbxzqlu2wffrue

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast