Thread: Tonglen (taking and sending) Sunday July 29

Tonglen (taking and sending) Sunday July 29

Dear all

Please do join us for the beautiful Tibetan inspired practice of taking and sending (tonglen), tomorrow on Sunday July 29. This practice is similar to metta but also includes taking the suffering of others in addition to sending metta to other beings.

The Tonglen Practice Circle will be happening tomorrow in the scheduled sitting room at the following times:

UK (BST) - 8pm
    Western Europe - 9pm
    EDT - 3pm
    CDT - 2pm
    MDT - 1pm
    PDT - 12pm
    AKDT - 11am
    Tokyo - 5am (Monday)

For those unfamiliar with the practice, there is a short description here: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...e-Instructions

I hope to see you there!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Mp
    Thank you Kokuu, I will see you then. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Mp
    Thank you Kokuu and everyone, great to sit with you ... Even from the front seat of my car. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Thank you Kokuu, Shingen and Tom. Wonderful sit.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you all for coming! Glad you made it back on time, Kyousui.

Gassho
    Kokuu

So sorry I couldn't make it, one of the people who I intended to practice for actually paid us an unexpected but very welcome visit this evening, 15 minutes before the session was due to start. Because I knew how special this visit was - his first since he was recently operated on for cancer - I chose to stay and talk with him and his wife. I sat Tonglen as soon as they left us - too late to join you, but thought of you all too as I sat.
    ( Kokuu I have just emailed you with further details)
    Very grateful to be able to practice, it is much needed in my life at the moment. Thank you all.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    satwithyoualltoday/lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I weep because my promise broken, was found at 5 p.m. writing poetry, my verse, my love, yet forgiveness I beg, do not deserve this gift of friendship, have forfeited all because of words expunging anger, my curse, and ask for Buddha wisdom, Christ's Love, I have forfeited all, beg forgiveness from all.
    Tai Shi,
    Am not calm
    sat
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-30-2018 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆