Thread: Everyday Zen podcasts

Everyday Zen podcasts

Hi all

I have recently listened to a couple of talks from Norman Fischer of Everyday Zen on the book Zen Seeds by Shundo Aoyama. This was our book club book once upon a long ago!

The book and talks were both enjoyable to me so am posting here in case others wish to listen:

Zen Seeds talk 1
    Zen Seeds talk 2

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Thank you, Kokuu, for reminding me of this book.

Aoyama Roshi is the Abbot of the Aichi Nisodo (Women's Monastery) in Japan where, it is often said, the spirit of Dogen's Training ways burn even brighter than at many of the men's monasteries. She is a very respected figure in Japan and in Japanese Soto Zen. Most of the women there, for example, are there by calling (while most of the men are young men usually in the monastery by obligation to continue their father's work as priest at their family temple.)

Unfortunately, this short documentary is only available in French, but you may get a sense of their life there even if not a French speaker.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    Hi all

I have recently listened to a couple of talks from Norman Fischer of Everyday Zen on the book Zen Seeds by Shundo Aoyama. This was our book club book once upon a long ago!

The book and talks were both enjoyable to me so am posting here in case others wish to listen:

Zen Seeds talk 1
    Zen Seeds talk 2

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    Thank you Kokuu ... I hear these as well, as I too am subscribed to their podcasts, lovely talks. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Subscribed. Thank you Kokuu!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you for sharing, Kokuu.
    I will have a listen on this weekend.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah

Love this podcast - I also recommend Norman's talks on Layman P'ang.

I believe we'll be discussing Norman and Sue Moon's "What is Zen?" soon, too!

ST,

Rakurei