Thread: The Treeleaf Change of Season Photography Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Treeleaf Change of Season Photography Project

It is spring in the Northern hemisphere, and fall in the southern hemisphere, and even though there is always change, these times stand out. Sekishi and I were talking about the spring.. his in Virginia, and mine up in Toronto, and we had the idea of a Treeleaf Change of Season photography project. It is nothing fancy, just an invitation to fellow to our Treeleafers to document the change of season in the world around us.

I will offer this image to begin, and post more as the world blooms around us ...

eab150ac-c2c3-4f5a-afbc-11cd4de30365.jpg

.....it is not an especially artful photo, but it is special to me at the end of a long winter. It is the first sprout of green in the neighborhood, pushing through the debris left from a melted urban snow bank, and layers of defrosted dog poop. It has already been nibbled on by squirrels. Nature finding a way.

Gassho
    Richard H

---

Break open a cherry tree and there are no flowers;
    But the spring breeze brings forth myriad blossoms.

-- Ikkyu
    Unlike Canada, the green wave has inundated coastal Virginia. Leaves have found their way to the tree branches and many of the blooms are already fading from the trees and flowers.

Zen poets love the magic of blossoms and summer grasses springing forth from emptiness, no coming, no going. I thought it would be fun to explore the "going" today when I walked past some fallen petals on the ground. So this evening I put a silly little plastic "clip-on" macro lens on my phone, and went out to take pictures of the small world at our feet. The forest floor and among the grasses of the field --it is on the Earth where many things slowly turn into other things.

Here are two fallen petals, laying on soft moss under the tree they recently left:

IMG_1694-petals-on-moss-1024w.jpg

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Last edited by RichardH; 04-05-2018 at 10:11 PM.