Thread: 108 Gates via Twitter

108 Gates via Twitter

Hi Folks,

I am working on a project and I wanted to test a part of it by setting up a twitter bot. I didn't have anything specific in mind and then I thought about how much I have been enjoying Shokai's blog on the 108 Gates of Dharma Illumination as presented in Dogen's Shobogenzo. So I decided to use the 108 Gates.

The Bot is up and running. It tweets a new Gate each day. I have it set up so it is in sync with Shokai's blog. It isn't posting the blog, just the Gate for that day.

So, if you would like to get a Gate tweet each day just go to

https://twitter.com/108Gates

And follow @108Gates

For any interested the code is really simple. I had to register it as an app, but the code is just a few lines of Python. And it is running on a Raspberry Pi in my home office.

Hope it is useful.

Gassho, Allan

SaT-LaH

Thank you Allan!

I am following now.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Thanks Allan, I too be following. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

following; awesome use of social media! thank you Allen!

gassho

rish
    -st/lah
    Last edited by Risho; 01-15-2018 at 02:17 AM.

you may want to add an avatar, as accounts with the default image do not turn up in searches (to prevent bots, but they target trouble maker bots, not your kind)
    (oh yeah, i sat today)
    Oh, yeah. If I didn't have inner peace, I'd go completely psycho on all you guys all the time.
    Carl Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by bayamo View Post
    you may want to add an avatar, as accounts with the default image do not turn up in searches (to prevent bots, but they target trouble maker bots, not your kind)
    (oh yeah, i sat today)
    Thank you bayamo. I have added a picture of Dogen.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

There was a little bug in my bot so a couple of days went by with no tweets. It is corrected now and the bot is back to tweeting.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH

Ya gotta watch them bugs in yer bot

gassho, shokai

stlah
    Last edited by Shokai; 01-09-2022 at 08:15 PM.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

I am Following the Eight Gates of Zen by John Daido Loori, a master who died and left a treasure in this book.
    Gossho
    sat/ lah
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆