Thread: Guided Tonglen meditation and teaching

Guided Tonglen meditation and teaching

Dear all

Tai Shi requested a guided tonglen meditation so I found this one by Pema Chödrön for the time being, although may produce one myself also:

Something that Jundo said recently about this tonglen practice 'class' made me think I should be offering a greater explanation of the practice and even guide the first part of it.

Would those involved welcome that? At present I have just left you to it in the manner of zazen but am happy to expound forth a bit more (although am not going to be giving 40 minute talks so don't worry!).

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Pema was my introduction to tonglen, and her presentation of both tonglen and lojong remain more clear and meaningful to me than what I get from other teachers.

Tonglen is definitely one of the practices that merits a little introduction, both in terms of explanation and guidance. But with just a little initial boost, I found that the practice explained itself pretty quickly.

Sydney
    SatToday
    Diligently attain nothing. Sort of. Best not to over-think it.
    http://www.janxter.com/

Eishuu
    Thanks for the video Kokuu. After watching Jundo's video today I feel inspired to start practising Tonglen so that was helpful.

Gassho
    Lucy
    ST/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Pema was my introduction to tonglen, and her presentation of both tonglen and lojong remain more clear and meaningful to me than what I get from other teachers.

Tonglen is definitely one of the practices that merits a little introduction, both in terms of explanation and guidance. But with just a little initial boost, I found that the practice explained itself pretty quickly.

Sydney
    SatToday
    Yes, Pema was my way in to Tonglen and Lojong too. I think the very first Buddhist book I bought was Start Where You Are - she's a genuinely inspiring writer who seems to be able to reach out to people of all beliefs and none at all.
    I think anything you put together would be great for us Kokuu, I look forward to that.

Gassho
    Frankie
    satwithyoualltoday/lah

Secular Buddhists on Tonglen

For the reference value:http://secularbuddhism.org/forums/to...ircle-tonglen/ has an article on Tonglen also.

S@2day/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Nice! Thank you, Tom!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-