Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metta

Metta

Hello all, I’ve never asked for thoughts, prayers, metta, or anything else ever in my life, but am asking now. A friend at church (don’t ask, not the point) lost her six year old son last night. He sat up suddenly crying with neck pain, went back to sleep, and didn’t wake up. Please send what you can to Kate. Thanks you.

Dan
    Too sad to sit today, maybe later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eishuu
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son. Sending metta to her and her family and to you.

Gassho
    Lucy
    ST/LAH

I am so sorry, Dan. That is every parent's worst nightmare.

Much metta to Kate and all of her family and friends (including you).

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Metta to this family and all parents.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Oh no! Sadness :-( Metta to Kate and family.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Hi Dan,

Sending metta and much love to Kate and all who are touched by this loss.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Mp
    I am sorry to hear such sad news Dan, sending much metta to your friend's family and all who have lost the one's we love.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

That is terribly sad to hear. I'll keep you and the family in my thoughts. I can't imagine that kind of pain.

Adam
    Sat Today, planning to sit more

Metta to the families in the small Texas Church. More violence. To all victims of hate everywhere.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH

Mp
    Sending metta to all who are suffering by hate ... both the people affect by it and who are controlled by it.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Joyo
    Oh my!! So sad, how heartbreaking!! metta and prayers to your friend.

Metta and prayers to those affected by the horrible act of violence in Texas also.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah

Much muchos Metta

I'll include another long round tonight in rememberance of jizo buddha

Gassho

Sat2Day / lay

Geoff
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

So sad. Much Metta to Kate, family and to those affected by the tragedy.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today

Metta to all affected.

Gassho,

Shugen

Sattoday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

All are affected. Metta to all.

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat Today LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Meishin View Post

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat Today LAH
    So very true.

Gassho,

Shugen

Sattoday/LAH
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Quote Originally Posted by Meishin View Post
    Yes. Metta to all.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Kate and friends are now on my metta list.

Sat Today LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Metta to this family and all that suffer

Sat2day

Meta for all.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Metta for all in need, so many.
    Gassho
    Frankie
    Satwithyoualltoday /lah

Sending metta to all who suffer.
    For all those with a heavy heart,
    Losing someone they love.
    To those touched by injustice and violence.
    And some who just need someone remind them they are not alone.
    Sitting and listening to whoever needs it - and the world in general.
    We do because we can and because who else will?

Gassho
    Ar
    Sat today

Just found out my brother had a heart attack two weeks ago and is no longer responding. Off to Toronto to see if there's anything to help with.

gassho,Shokai

sat/Lah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    Just found out my brother had a heart attack two weeks ago and is no longer responding. Off to Toronto to see if there's anything to help with.

gassho,Shokai

sat/Lah
    Oh no, so sorry to hear that Shokai. Sending Metta to you and your family. Travel safely ♥️
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Mp

gassho,Shokai

sat/Lah
    Sending much love and metta to you and your brother Shokai, I hope everything is ok.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

With metta Shokai

Shugen

Sattoday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

All peace to your brother and your family, Shokai. We all go with you. Gassho J

So sorry Shokai. Metta to you and your family

Sat2day

Eishuu
    Much metta to you, your brother and family Shokai.

Gassho
    Lucy
    ST/LAH

Metta to you and your family Shokai
    Gassho
    Frankie
    Satwithyoualltoday

Metta to you, your brother and family, Shokai.
    Safe travels

Gassho
    Washin
    ST

I'll put your brother and family on my metta list.
    Sat today LAH

Going with you. I hope everything is all right.

Gassho, sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Shokai, will be keeping a good thought and sending much metta.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan

My young half-brother Ian, age 54, was experiencing pain in his shoulder and a co-worker offered to drive him to the hospital. On the way in the car Ian lost consciousness and his heart stopped. At the hospital they were able to revive him but he remained in a coma for 16 days. Unable to gain access to Ian's locked cell phone, his wife could not find any telephone numbers except my old one that discontinued 3 years ago. He and I mainly keep it touch through FB. Finally, last Friday she found a cousin's number and I received a text at 11:30 pm. I called his wife, Irena, on Saturday morning to hear that the Doctor's were pressing her for a decision to "pull the plug." So, I arranged with my daughter to drive to Toronto Sunday morning. We arrived at the hospital around 1 pm to find that Ian had woken up that morning and was showing some awareness. They had removed his breath apparatus around noon. At first it was difficult to determine if he knew anyone but about an hour later I spoke to him and there was a faint smile and shortly after his nurse called his name from across the room and he gave her a thumbs up. Very weakly mind you but she said it was better than had he used a finger.
    We stayed over night and went to the hospital this morning. He was sleeping very peacefully, The nurse told us he woke up at 3 am and had just fallen asleep before we got there. They have no idea how much brain damage he has incurred but will start speech therapy to get him breathing properly and it's all matter of time before we know exactly what he'll be able to regain. In other words the crisis is over for now. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. I am truly grateful for the support received from you all.

gassho, Shokai
    sat/LAH
    Last edited by Shokai; 11-14-2017 at 01:40 AM.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

Mp
    My young half-brother Ian, age 54, was experiencing pain in his shoulder and a co-worker offered to drive him to the hospital. On the way in the car Ian lost consciousness and his heart stopped. At the hospital they were able to revive him but he remained in a coma for 16 days. Unable to gain access to Ian's locked cell phone, his wife could not find any telephone numbers except my old one that discontinued 3 years ago. He and I mainly keep it touch through FB. Finally, last Friday she found a cousin's number and I received a text at 11:30 pm. I called his wife, Irena, on Saturday morning to hear that the Doctor's were pressing her for a decision to "pull the plug." So, I arranged with my daughter to drive to Toronto Sunday morning. We arrived at the hospital around 1 pm to find that Ian had woken up that morning and was showing some awareness. They had removed his breath apparatus around noon. At first it was difficult to determine if he knew anyone but about an hour later I spoke to him and there was a faint smile and shortly after his nurse called his name from across the room and he gave her a thumbs up. Very weakly mind you but she said it was better than had he used a finger.
    We stayed over night and went to the hospital this morning. He was sleeping very peacefully, The nurse told us he woke up at 3 am and had just fallen asleep before we got there. They have no idea how much brain damage he has incurred but will start speech therapy to get him breathing properly and it's all matter of time before we know exactly what he'll be able to regain. In other words the crisis is over for now. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. I am truly grateful for the support received from you all.

gassho, Shokai
    sat/LAH
    Hello Shokai,

Thank you for the update and I am happy to hear that Ian is still with us ... a hard road maybe ahead, but he has overcome the hardest part thus far. Much metta to Ian, his family, and yours Shokai.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

My kids, all four who are roughly his age have always referred to him as Uncle Ian: which is the phrase we used yesterday to try to raise some recognition and it eventually clicked to get a smile.

gassho, Shokai

sat/LAH
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

Wow. So happy to hear he pulled through the crisis, how scary. Sending lots of love and Metta to all of you! And thank you for the update.
    Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

One tough bunch, this family.

Hey Shokai, I’m glad to hear things seem to be looking up.

With Metta,

Shugen

Sattoday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

In other words the crisis is over for now. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. I am truly grateful for the support received from you all.

gassho, Shokai
    sat/LAH

Keep us informed if he needs more Metta.

Sat Today LAH

Eishuu
    Thanks for the update Shokai. Best wishes for his continued recovery.

Gassho
    Lucy
    ST/LAH

Amazing Shokai; such good new!

Gassho, sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Shokai, this makes my heart happy. So glad he is doing better

Sat2day

Good news, Shokai. Happy to hear the crisis is over.
    Metta for all

Gassho
    Washin
    sat and lah

Dear all;

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words. I cannot think that Ian's return to consciousness last Sunday morning was purely coincidental. I truly believe the outpouring of love from all of Treeleaf and others had something to do with the timing.
    To update you on Ian's condition as I understand is that he is somewhat stabilized because they have seen fit to move him from ICU into a regular ward room. Other than that there is basically no change. Still waiting for therapy to start and my daughter Cathy is planning to go on Tuesday this week to help Ian's wife Irena in communication with the doctors involved. Irena also needs to talk to someone about family affairs and the care of Ian's mother who is in a home and requires constant care.
    As you can imagine, Ian is going to need a lot of positive energy sent his way for some time to come and I ask that you continue to include him in your Metta practice.

Deep Bows in gassho, Shokai

sat/LAH
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

Mp
    Thanks for the update Shokai...love, metta, and positive energy still flowing Ian's way ... May he be at peace and recover soon.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

_/\_
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

Hi Shokai,

good to hear he is out of the ICU! I'm keeping Ian in heart and mind, and sending lots of metta and good thoughts.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan

Catching up around the Zendo.
    So sorry to hear about your brother, Shokai. Wishing him (and you) strength, love and Metta. May he recover from this ordeal and know that we all support you.

Gassho,
    Hōkō
    #SatToday
    LAH

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast