Thread: Historians Discover Meditation Spread From Ancient China By Annoying Monk

Historians Discover Meditation Spread From Ancient China By Annoying Monk

Might be my Ancestor ...

NEW YORK—In a groundbreaking new study published Friday in The Journal Of East Asian Studies, a team of leading historians has proved that meditation originally spread from ancient China because a single, highly annoying monk went around telling everyone how much it had changed his life.

... From the Korean peninsula to the Central Asian steppes, he is believed to have aggravated people everywhere he went, inevitably shifting every conversation to the importance of mindfulness and being centered, even when it was clear no one was interested.
    http://www.theonion.com/article/hist...ent-chin-57197

Highly Annoying Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Yep, annoying people can accomplish great things....others not so much!

Sometimes annoying, sometime loveable, Doshin

St/lah

Mp
    Ahhh, I must be the except to the rule, haven't accomplished much, but am annoying *hehehe*.

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Gassho,

Shugen

Sattoday/LAH
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Grateful for your practice

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Ishin, LOL!

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Gassho
    Washin
    ST

I can almost hear it....."Fine, fine....if I meditate, THEN will you go away?"

Gassho--

--JimH (SatToday)

Historians Discover Meditation Spread From Ancient China By Annoying Monk

Lol, I can relate to the annoying monk. I know the article is just parody, but I was kind of like that when I first started meditating. I am sure I received a few eye rolls here and there. I will still share if it comes up in the course of conversation though.

Sat2day
    Last edited by Troy; 10-17-2017 at 10:20 PM.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Well good to see that 1400 years later he's still pi$$ing folk off, given the prose in the commentary ! What a great guy, just like a dogen with a bonen (oops) grinding away. Never been much of a traveler, seen all the bits of the UK (bar NI), France and a wee bit of Switzerland and Italy (border hopping in the Alpes much to the confusion of an American tourist, another story sometime). I guess if I traveled afar this would be my epitaph. Good on ya son grind them down til they sit.

STMIZ lah

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart