Thread: A SPECIAL TALK to COMMENCE 'ANGO' SEASON

A SPECIAL TALK to COMMENCE 'ANGO' SEASON

Dear All,

Today is the Beginingless Beginning of our Jukai and Ango Season.

Especially for our Ango participants, and for anyone, a short Talk on the meaning of the 'True Ango' that has 'No Obstacles' and nothing ever to interfere ... and which is precisely the obstacles that interfere!

It was part of our Zazenkai today, and begins from about the 57:00 mark (for about 15 minutes or so). Please have a listen and a Sit.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-15-2017 at 04:06 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Wow, Jundo. The perfect combination of support, truth, and a small dose of needed admonition. Thank you, deep bows.

Dan
    Sat today

Deep bows and every good blessing.

KB
    Sat Today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

Eishuu
    Great talk.

Gassho
    Lucy
    ST/LAH

Shokai, Richard Maxwell, and I am not counting today, for all, I seek an Ango partner--I believe people are assigned? This year I am at peace, or at least coming into peace--as Shingen says, of today, lovely Zazenkai and Dharma talk one way--Thank you Jundo, Diazan, and all. I'm ready to begin Ango.

Tai Shi
    st/lah
    Gassho
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Wonderful talk. I will book mark this talk and listen again if/when I need a boost of encouragement

EDIT I wanted to add that this one talk nicely illustrates exactly why i happily call Treeleaf my Sangha.

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho
    Warren
    Sat today & LAH to my wife who had a bad start to her day
    Last edited by Tairin; 09-09-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    Shokai, Richard Maxwell, and I am not counting today, for all, I seek an Ango partner--I believe people are assigned? This year I am at peace, or at least coming into peace--as Shingen says, of today, lovely Zazenkai and Dharma talk one way--Thank you Jundo, Diazan, and all. I'm ready to begin Ango.

Tai Shi
    st/lah
    Gassho
    Hello Tai Shi,

The PPE will be starting soon, which is where we find a partner to practice with, so please stay tuned. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Joyo
    Thank you, Jundo. I cannot even begin to tell you how encouraging your talk was to me. I will be listening to it again and again throughout Ango to really let it sink in.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Thank you for this nice wake-up call, Jundo

Gassho,
    Stefan

Sat Today

Thank you for the opportunity to sit with you and for the inspirational and challenging talk.

dave _(|)_

Sat today

Thank you Jundo! It sounds like coming back to Ango happens all day, every day, the same way coming back to the present moment happens in Zazen. Ango=life, life=Ango.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Thanks for the teaching, Jundo!
    I sat with this talk and found it motivational and encouraging to go through Ango .

Gassho, Daiyo.
    Sat Today

Enviado desde mi SM-G531M mediante Tapatalk
    Gassho,Walter

"To sit at the eye of the hurricane". This is my koan for this Ango.
    Thanks, Jundo!
    Gassho
    Genshin.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Thank you for this. Sat during Zazenkai and found my concerns about having committed to Ango and Jukai dissolved.

STMIZ

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
    Paul
    Sat today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Gassho,
    Seido
    SatToday
    The strength and beneficence of the soft and yielding.
    Water achieves clarity through stillness.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hello everyone,

Jundo's talk is now available as a podcast episode: https://treeleaf.podbean.com/e/septe...e-ango-season/

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Hello everyone,

Jundo's talk is now available as a podcast episode: https://treeleaf.podbean.com/e/septe...e-ango-season/

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat #lah
    Thank you Sekishi. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Hello everyone,

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat #lah
    Thank you so much, Sekishi. Now I can bookmark it.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah

Jundo, thank you so much for this talk. I've already watched it 3 times. I was struggling with whether or not to participate this year and I needed to hear this again.

Thank you so much Sekishi! Now we can take it anywhere, this is wonderful!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Rewatched this again before my evening sit.

"When it hits the fan - that is ango".

I've always sought a practice with an emphasis in the real world. Thank you for your needed words, Jundo.

Thank you as well Sekishi. I listen to dharma talks as well....I find the sound of the dharma voice as instructive as the written dharma.

Gassho,
    Pat