Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special Zazenkai with Daiho Hilbert and Jundo "Roshi" Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    How did you make it?
    I collected pieces of used pictures, dyed and stitched them together in a certain pattern.
    Something like that. ;-)

A most recent picture was found, grabbed and cut from the Banto Zazenkai video in the travel diary thread.
    Wrote a small 'bash'/'wget' shell script, that walked slowly through the member list, collecting the 762 Sangha avatars. No choosing/picking was done, although there are some plain white or graphic images.
    Used different algorithms, that sort/match/align with different parameter sets, adjusting color and brightness of the Sangha pictures automatically while processing.
    Some hundred iterations later, the posted combination appeared, weighting aesthetics and effects in a certain way. Looking close at the screen, Sangha appeared, 2-3 meters away, it's more Jundo.

Gassho,
    Kotei sattoday.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    I collected pieces of used pictures, dyed and stitched them together in a certain pattern.
    Something like that. ;-)

A most recent picture was found, grabbed and cut from the Banto Zazenkai video in the travel diary thread.
    Wrote a small 'bash'/'wget' shell script, that walked slowly through the member list, collecting the 762 Sangha avatars. No choosing/picking was done, although there are some plain white or graphic images.
    Used different algorithms, that sort/match/align with different parameter sets, adjusting color and brightness of the Sangha pictures automatically while processing.
    Some hundred iterations later, the posted combination appeared, weighting aesthetics and effects in a certain way. Looking close at the screen, Sangha appeared, 2-3 meters away, it's more Jundo.

Gassho,
    Kotei sattoday.
    That is easy for you to do!

But cool!

Gassho
    Doshin
    St/lah

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    That is easy for you to do!
    That is because our Sangha did all the work.
    Taking all the pictures, carefully selecting the right one for their individual representing avatar.
    Teamwork.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Congratulations on this honour, Jundo. Many people are looking to you.

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today/LAH

_/\_

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Congrats dear Jundo Roshi!
    Thank you for being such a wonderful teacher!

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Congrats Jundo!!

Gassho,
    Daiyo

ST
    Gassho,Walter

Deep bows, Jundo Roshi

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat Today LAH

I just sat with this beautiful service. Congratulations!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday/LAH

I have not seen the ceremony, and I an convinced to the marrow that Jundo Roshi is a great title for a great man. We only experienced all of us each other for about 5 hours, sitting, honor eating sitting walking meditation all we could in a short time wonderment we--I--was struck with deep bows, sensitivity, care for each other. Thank you Jundo, and Daiho now Jundo Roshi, Daiho Roshi though I do not know you--you are in good company, thus, you too deserve your Title Daiho Roshi, and Jundo Roshi. Thank you Jundo for accepting me advising me (lay) Charles Elgwyn Taylor.

Deepest Bows
    Tai Shi
    st/lah
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 09-11-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: clarification of the 66-year-old man
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12