Thread: Sitting with snake

Sitting with snake

In here

Sitting with snake and bat and so on.

Human is part of being,

Please sit with them.

You can realize about we too much in comfort only for human.We broke earth.

This is a start point of misunderstanding about view about planet.

Let's sit with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kakunen View Post
    In here

Sitting with snake and bat and so on.

Human is part of being,

Please sit with them.

You can realize about we too much in comfort only for human.We broke earth.

This is a start point of misunderstanding about view about planet.

Let's sit with them!

🦇
    Thank you for the teaching, Kakunen.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Thank you, my normal sit is outside, at night.

Possums, snakes and wallabies accept me, the forest has knowledge.

Sattoday/lay

Geoff.
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Quote Originally Posted by Getchi View Post
    Thank you, my normal sit is outside, at night.

Possums, snakes and wallabies accept me, the forest has knowledge.

Sattoday/lay

Geoff.
    Good!

Kakunen

My path has always been with and mostly about wild things. They are with me when I sit, when I walk. Nature is my teacher, my anchor, my joy. And snakes have a special place in my heart.

Thank you for reminding us.

Doshin
    st/lah

Thank you too.

And also thank you for this wild temple.

I lived in Tokyo and worked at Tokyo.So if I didn't meet Jundo and didn't go to Antaiji,I don't meet snake.

Snake teaches me ,we are one.

Although I often (kind of) meditate when walking in the nearby nature, I never really "sat" out there.
    So after reading this message from Kakunen I think I will give it a try and wait for the snake to join me. ( This wll take a very long time because there are no snakes here) So just to wait for a while.
    Often I enjoy waiting as an unexpected oportunity to just sit...

Thank you all.

Gassho
    Marcus
    SatToday / LAH

Sitting with snake

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Although I often (kind of) meditate when walking in the nearby nature, I never really "sat" out there.
    So after reading this message from Kakunen I think I will give it a try and wait for the snake to join me. ( This wll take a very long time because there are no snakes here) So just to wait for a while.
    Often I enjoy waiting as an unexpected oportunity to just sit...

Thank you all.

Gassho
    Marcus
    SatToday / LAH
    No need to wait snake^_^

Accept everything happenings,and play with kids and nature and animals! Because they connect planet more than us.

They teach me solution of our matter.

Oh, snake has always been a friend of Buddhism!

Naga, in Hinduism and Buddhism, is the Sanskrit word for a deity taking the form of a great snake, specifically the multi-headed king cobra.... The Buddhist naga has the form of a great cobra, usually depicted with a single head but sometimes with many heads. The naga which is seen sheltering the Buddha while meditating is known as Mucilanda. Mucilanda is believed to have protected the Buddha from the elements like rain and storm after he attained enlightenment. It is said that the four weeks after the Buddha began meditating under the Bodhi tree, the heavens darkened for seven days, a heavy rainfall started. The mighty king of the serpents, Mucilanda then is believed to have emerged from beneath the earth and protected the Buddha with his hood as the Buddha is considered the source of all protection. When the storm stopped, the serpent king Mucilanda assumed his human form, bowed before the Buddha and returned to his palace in joy. The iconographic representation of this Buddhist folklore is known as the Naga Buddha statues. These artistic representations of the Buddha meditating under the protection of Mucalinda are common in many Buddhist countries which are famous for their unique Buddhist arts, namely Burma, Laos, and Thailand.
    http://www.asianage.com/india/all-in...a-statues.html
    A snakey Koan ... Book of Equanimity (從容録) Case 59 ...

CASE 59: Seirin's "Deadly Snake"

A monk asked Seirin, "How is it when a practitioner goes along a narrow path?" Seirin said,"You will meet a deadly snake on the great road. I advise you not to run into it." The monk said, "What if I do run into it?" Seirin said, "You will lose your life." The monk said, "What if I don't run into it?" Seirin said, "You have no place to escape from it." The monk said, "Precisely at such a time, what then?" Seirin said, "It is lost." The monk said, "I wonder where it is gone." Seirin said, "The grass is so deep, there is no place to look for it." The monk said, "You too, Master, must be watchful in order to get it." Seirin clapped his hands and said, "This fellow is equally poisonous."
    I'm heading to the dessert of Arizona/New Mexico soon, so I'll keep and eye out for the rattlers.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-16-2017 at 12:49 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Oh, snake has always been a friend of Buddhism!

A snakey Koan ... Book of Equanimity (從容録) Case 59 ...

I'm heading to the dessert of Arizona/New Mexico soon, so I'll keep and eye out for the rattlers.

Gassho, J
    During Zazen,snake on my knee at night.

First time very surprised,but OK now^_^

Hi Kakunen,

Thank you for this teaching. Here at home I sit with cats. In some hot days I have sat with spiders and scorpions! When I go out to sit zazen in the Japanese garden I sit with koi, squirrels, birds and rabbits.

Zazen makes you so still that animals befriend you instantly.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hi Kakunen,

Thank you for this teaching. Here at home I sit with cats. In some hot days I have sat with spiders and scorpions! When I go out to sit zazen in the Japanese garden I sit with koi, squirrels, birds and rabbits.

Zazen makes you so still that animals befriend you instantly.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    We are all one!

I realize about it after go out from monastery.

This is just experience,I can not express word.