Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking Zazen Hangout Host Volunteers - Would You Host A Weekly Zazen Sitting?

Tai Shi
    sat
    Gassho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "As the Buddha designed it, the Sangha's responsibility is to keep their vows, learn and practice the Dharma, and teach and guide the lay people. The lay people in turn, provide the requisites for life..." So are not the lay people the Sangha? Thubten Chodron.

I have a working microphone now. Sat today in the Hangouts SSR. Tomorrow I'm going to start using the Zoom SSR. I hope this won't be a problem for anyone.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    I have a working microphone now. Sat today in the Hangouts SSR. Tomorrow I'm going to start using the Zoom SSR. I hope this won't be a problem for anyone.
    Awesome! Let us know how it goes!

I think the feedback so far has been pretty positive. It will be time to make the switch to Zoom for all sittings soon I think.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Zoom has been working out fine.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

FYI I have begun sitting in the zoom FSR. Nice place!

Gassho
    Doyu sat today and lah
    自己を忘れ、他人のために生きる

My Zoom Join box is confused:
    483 483 1244 scheduled sitting room
    816 667 1365 is labeled Treeleaf Personal Sitting room as is the scheduled sitting room.
    How about some name changes?
    SAT/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

I also had trouble with getting into Zoom Scheduled Sitting Room. I get a message that it is a recurring meeting. "Please wait for your host" I just checked it, and it is working now. I led the Sunday Zazenkai in Hangouts, but nobody else was there. Was it supposed to be in Zoom? Thank you.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

I also had trouble with getting into Zoom Scheduled Sitting Room. I get a message that it is a recurring meeting. "Please wait for your host" I just checked it, and it is working now. I led the Sunday Zazenkai in Hangouts, but nobody else was there. Was it supposed to be in Zoom? Thank you.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH
    Hi Onkai,

Thank you for hosting the Sunday Sit. It's still supposed to be in Hangouts until further notice I think.
    Perhaps it was just 'nobody elese was there'

Gassho,
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH
    Hi Onkai,

Thank you for hosting the Sunday Sit. It's still supposed to be in Hangouts until further notice I think.
    Perhaps it was just 'nobody else was there'

Gassho,
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousui View Post
    My Zoom Join box is confused:
    483 483 1244 scheduled sitting room
    816 667 1365 is labeled Treeleaf Personal Sitting room as is the scheduled sitting room.
    How about some name changes?
    SAT/LAH
    Kyousui,

I just wanted to let you know that the names should all be updated now so they are standardized. If you still see one that says "Treeleaf Personal Sitting" you can remove it.

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat/lah
    香道 笑花
    Kodo Shoka

Please don't take anything I say as anything more than just a normal person's thoughts on the topic. I'm just stumbling through life trying to be helpful, but really don't know much.

Is this the place to look into hosting sits? I'm looking at Tues. and Wed. 630 p (PST) which would give us some continuity at that time through the week. _()_

gassho
    doyu sat today
    自己を忘れ、他人のために生きる

Quote Originally Posted by Doyū View Post
    Is this the place to look into hosting sits? I'm looking at Tues. and Wed. 630 p (PST) which would give us some continuity at that time through the week. _()_

gassho
    doyu sat today
    That would be great

Doshin
    St

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

That would be great! I don't have a Tuesday sitting because I'm sometimes away that day. But I'll probably be able to join in fairly regularly. ^_^

Shall I put it on the calendar starting next week?

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Let's do. I have begun extra sits (and tea) (and readings) between the 6:30 and 8:30 (PST) opportunities anyway, so that it's becoming a kind of loosely structured daily zazenkai (bookended by really good sits) and I'd love to see those slots open up to be part of that. Up until now I've been doing those things at 10 am and I'm needing longer blocks of time for samu

I'd like to do this the way Washin does, so I don't get confused by the different translations of the robe verse (or, if people would rather, could just do the Japanese [or is that Japanese Chinese] three times).

gassho
    doyu, queen of the parenthesis
    sat/lah
    自己を忘れ、他人のために生きる

Let's do. I have begun extra sits (and tea) (and readings) between the 6:30 and 8:30 (PST) opportunities anyway, so that it's becoming a kind of loosely structured daily zazenkai (bookended by really good sits)
    This sounds great! I've added the Tuesday and Wednesday sits to the calendar as a half-hour. Let me know if you want me to add any special instructions to them.

I'd like to do this the way Washin does, so I don't get confused by the different translations of the robe verse (or, if people would rather, could just do the Japanese [or is that Japanese Chinese] three times).
    So what way does Washin do it? I'm happy to adapt the Su/Mo/Th to be the same so we are consistent.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #calendared
    sekishi
    石志

Washin has us arrive at the set time with robe verse already said; three bells as soon as everyone is settled. But I think I should conform more to your style for best results. _()_

gassho
    doyu sat and lah today
    Last edited by Doyū; 02-17-2020 at 01:28 AM.
    自己を忘れ、他人のために生きる