Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Zazen Hangout Host Volunteers - Would You Host A Weekly Zazen Sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousui View Post
    I would be able to host a ssr on Saturday evening at 8 pm Central US time.

SAT/LAH
    Hey there Kyousui,

That would be great if you could ... just confirm that you would like to do that and I will add you to the calendar. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Hey there Kyousui,

That would be great if you could ... just confirm that you would like to do that and I will add you to the calendar. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    I confirm I can do a hangout via the scheduled sitting room on Saturday evenings at 8pm Central time
    sat/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

I confirm I can do a hangout via the scheduled sitting room on Saturday evenings at 8pm Central time
    sat/LAH
    Wonderful, I will add you to our calendar. Thank you for making this available for others. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

sat/LAH
    Okie dokie Kyousui, you are added in for Sat 8pm CST. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

One day I would like to volunteer, not now. I recognize I am still a beginner, I need to work on my time management and sleep discipline to be confident in my responsibility as a Zazen Hangout Host Volunteer. Keeping this goal in mind, it will help me stay motivated.
    "May I be a flashlight to all beings living in life's dreary and despicable basement" - Sean C.T.

Hi! I sat with Kyousui tonight in the Scheduled Sitting Room. He led the robe verse at 9:00 and did the bells beginning the sit and ending at 9:30. It was wonderful.

For the past couple of weeks I've been sitting Monday through Friday from 9:30-10:00 am Eastern time in the Free Sitting room. I will be getting a bell on Monday afternoon. After that, I could sit in the Scheduled Sitting Room at that time (9:30-10:00 am Monday-Friday), if you are still adding to the schedule. Thank you.

Will it be a problem if once or twice every three months I cannot make it due to a doctor's appointment?

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    Last edited by Onkai; 02-17-2019 at 04:18 AM. Reason: A question added.

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

Seeking Zazen Hangout Host Volunteers - Would You Host A Weekly Zazen Sitting?

Hi Onkai,

Iím going to be traveling for a few days, but I would be glad to add this to the sitting calendar when I get back on Tuesday!

Thank you.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat

P.S. It is no problem if you are not there from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    Hi! I sat with Kyousui tonight in the Scheduled Sitting Room. He led the robe verse at 9:00 and did the bells beginning the sit and ending at 9:30. It was wonderful.

For the past couple of weeks I've been sitting Monday through Friday from 9:30-10:00 am Eastern time in the Free Sitting room. I will be getting a bell on Monday afternoon. After that, I could sit in the Scheduled Sitting Room at that time (9:30-10:00 am Monday-Friday), if you are still adding to the schedule. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    That is wonderful Onkai, thank you. I have added you too the calendar now for Monday to Friday. Have a look and let me know if there is any issues. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Will it be a problem if once or twice every three months I cannot make it due to a doctor's appointment?

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    When you can't make it, drop a note here, maybe?
    Sat/LAH

Thank you, Sekishi, Shingen, and Kyousui. I looked at the schedule. It shows me at 12:30 pm Eastern time, but I will be doing it 9:30 am Eastern time (I think that is 6:30 am Pacific time).

Kyousui, I won't be able to do it on Friday, March 22. I hope this notice isn't too far in advance.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat

Thank you, Sekishi, Shingen, and Kyousui. I looked at the schedule. It shows me at 12:30 pm Eastern time, but I will be doing it 9:30 am Eastern time (I think that is 6:30 am Pacific time).

Kyousui, I won't be able to do it on Friday, March 22. I hope this notice isn't too far in advance.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    Hey Onkai,

Sorry about that, all fixed now. It was because I am in the PST time zone, so it placed it there. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Thank you, Shingen.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat

Thank you, Shingen.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    Your welcome .... thanks for hosting. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

There will be no visible sitting in the scheduled sitting room on Saturday 2/23/19 at 8pm CST
    Sa/LAH

So will there be a centralized timetable for sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So will there be a centralized timetable for sitting?
    Check out the calendar and see if there is one during your time zone or close to it. =)

Zazen Calendar: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Will be on retreat over the weekend of May 16 -19 2019 so may not be available to host my usual 8pm central time slot in the scheduled sitting room.

Sat/lah

My weekly zazen is off tonight; my family and self are going to the mat with strep throat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shujin View Post
    My weekly zazen is off tonight; my family and self are going to the mat with strep throat.

Metta for the healthiness of your family and you.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi all,

Now that I have a better internet connection, I would like to start hosting a sitting a few times a week.

I was thinking of three evenings that are almost always clear for me right now: Sunday night, Monday night, and, Thursday night (around the 10:00pm EDT hour).

Alternatively I've considered some sort of mid-day Zazen (e.g. "sit together at our desks during lunch" sort of thing). I think the biggest problem would be finding a time that works for folks. E.g. what is "lunch time" on the east coast of the US is not even a coffee-break on the west coast.

Anyhow, if you think you might be interested in either an evening or mid-day sitting in the US (or anywhere where the times would line up), I've set up a little survey for you to select times that would work best. Please consider filling it out.

https://forms.gle/i9Ajcm7sHxvzYenx8

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Hi all,

Now that I have a better internet connection, I would like to start hosting a sitting a few times a week.

I was thinking of three evenings that are almost always clear for me right now: Sunday night, Monday night, and, Thursday night (around the 10:00pm EDT hour).

Alternatively I've considered some sort of mid-day Zazen (e.g. "sit together at our desks during lunch" sort of thing). I think the biggest problem would be finding a time that works for folks. E.g. what is "lunch time" on the east coast of the US is not even a coffee-break on the west coast.

Anyhow, if you think you might be interested in either an evening or mid-day sitting in the US (or anywhere where the times would line up), I've set up a little survey for you to select times that would work best. Please consider filling it out.

https://forms.gle/i9Ajcm7sHxvzYenx8

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    I'll check this later to see if any of the times would be compatible with an early evening sit in the EU ; I'm keen to set up a formal evening sit, as I'd like to sit twice a day a d making an evening session more formal would be a good practice for me.
    Thank you Sekishi
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I would be able to host for 25 minutes on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays at 11.15 pm CEST (Paris/Brussels/Amsterdam time). This could be followed by a chat of about 5 minutes. Of course, there'll be days I can't make it.

Gassho

SAT/LAH

Roland

Hi Jundo and all, I could host at the wee hours; the hours Available M-- F between 4 and 4:30 or even a half hour earlier or so a.m. Daylight Central USA, or same Standard. I am on a schedule requiring I'm up, but I have no responsibilities and I'm free, Often I do Shikantaza at that time. I'd be happy to host a few or so more or less, people, or just remain available.

Tai Shi
    sat/lah
    Gassho
    I'm happily helping others with phone at any time of day.
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 08-01-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    "We cannot enjoy life if we spend a lot of time worrying about what happened yesterday and what will happen tomorrow." Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote Originally Posted by Meitou View Post
    I'll check this later to see if any of the times would be compatible with an early evening sit in the EU ; I'm keen to set up a formal evening sit, as I'd like to sit twice a day a d making an evening session more formal would be a good practice for me.
    Hi Meitou (and everyone) - There have not been a whole lot of responses to the survey, but the only time that EVERYONE agreed / strongly agreed to was: 9:30PM EDT / 8:30PM CDT / 6:30PMPDT

So I'm thinking that I'll start sitting this in the SSR on Monday (Sunday is our 4-hour Zazenkai this month). Please feel free to join me or not as the case may be!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

Hi Meitou (and everyone) - There have not been a whole lot of responses to the survey, but the only time that EVERYONE agreed / strongly agreed to was: 9:30PM EDT / 8:30PM CDT / 6:30PMPDT

So I'm thinking that I'll start sitting this in the SSR on Monday (Sunday is our 4-hour Zazenkai this month). Please feel free to join me or not as the case may be!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Unfortunately that's the middle of my night, but no worries, perhaps it's the push I need to really knuckle down to committing to a regular evening sit - I'll see how that goes and come back here when I've sorted out the best day and time, it will be early evening Central Euro Time and during the week.
    Thanks for this.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat

Thanks

Monday traveling but Will sit with you Thursday.

Doshin
    St

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    Monday traveling but Will sit with you Thursday.
    Awesome! Thank you for the update Doshin.

And just as a note to all, I've added this sitting to the calendar over on Treeleaf NOW (treeleaf.org/now). The "NOW" feature will need to be revisited as we transition away from Hangouts and to Zoom, but for the time being, it is still accurate and we are still using the FSR and SSR.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

Good to know, Sekishi.

I use the FSR sometimes. I don't always announce on Insight when I've used it. I'm nearly always alone, but it's ok.

Will be interesting to see what develops -- I like the FSR, in whatever form it takes.

Gassho
    Kim
    St lh

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thank you for the update Doshin.

And just as a note to all, I've added this sitting to the calendar over on Treeleaf NOW (treeleaf.org/now). The "NOW" feature will need to be revisited as we transition away from Hangouts and to Zoom, but for the time being, it is still accurate and we are still using the FSR and SSR.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    SSR

I will now document that I am not always aware of what is going on What is FSR and SSR. I am assuming one of those acronyms is for our Treeleaf Now Sitting Room.

Gassho
    Doshin
    St

SSR

I will now document that I am not always aware of what is going on What is FSR and SSR. I am assuming one of those acronyms is for our Treeleaf Now Sitting Room.

Gassho
    Doshin
    St
    Hi Doshin,

Your post made me smile -- that's usually me also.

FSR - Free (unscheduled, any time) sitting room.

SSR - Scheduled Sitting Room, has a list of scheduled sitting times with Kyonin, Shingen, and several others. I'm on mobile and don't have the link at present. But FSR and SSR are via Google Hangouts

Hope that helps.

Gassho
    Kim
    St lh

SSR

Gassho
    Doshin
    St
    Doshin,

Kim's got the acronyms down.

You can find the links here: www.treeleaf.org/now

As Sekishi said, for now the rooms are working. We know Google plans to phase out hangouts; so we will be moving to Zoom or something for these as well. But for now they are still available.

Gassho,

Shoka
    sattoday
    香道 笑花
    Kodo Shoka

Please don't take anything I say as anything more than just a normal person's thoughts on the topic. I'm just stumbling through life trying to be helpful, but really don't know much.

I love to haunt the FSR but never mention it on Insight as I only have a flip phone.

gassho
    doyu sattoday
    特別な人ではない

Quote Originally Posted by allwhowander View Post
    Hi Doshin,

Your post made me smile -- that's usually me also.

FSR - Free (unscheduled, any time) sitting room.

SSR - Scheduled Sitting Room, has a list of scheduled sitting times with Kyonin, Shingen, and several others. I'm on mobile and don't have the link at present. But FSR and SSR are via Google Hangouts

Hope that helps.

Gassho
    Kim
    St lh

Thank you much. Now that you have so kindly spelled them out for me some distant memory cells fired and that is all familiar! Much thanks

Doshin
    St

Unsure of where to post this, but I won't be able to make my scheduled sit tonight. Sick self and family are resting.

Gassho,
    Shujin

Who sat earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by Shujin View Post
    Unsure of where to post this, but I won't be able to make my scheduled sit tonight. Sick self and family are resting.

Gassho,
    Shujin

Who sat earlier today

No worries Shujin, hope you and the family feel better. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Shujin;

Please take care of self.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

Yes, do. It was a very good sit, with metta to you and yours.

Gassho
    Doyu sat and lah today
    特別な人ではない

Hi all,

First - I will not be hosting my usual 9:30PM EST sitting tonight (but will return on Thursday).

Second - I was wondering if any of our regular sitters would like to try a beta version of the new Treeleaf NOW system out. The new version uses Zoom instead of Hangouts (since Google is phasing out Hangouts). Sitting hosts: if you would like to try the new version, please let your sitters know (via PM and/or a quick post in this thread). All sitters - when it is time to sit, head over to: https://treeleaf.org/now2/

It should work basically the same as before, only now if you click on "Join this sitting room" under either the "Free Sitting Room" or "Scheduled Sitting Room", it should open Zoom instead of Hangouts.

I'd like to try this new system for a few days, and if it appears to work well, I'll make an announcement and make this the new default for all sittings moving forward. If you have ANY feedback, please PM me!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

Hi friends, I have Zoom on my computers. All three computers and I like the desktop computer the best. So, Iíll be prepared to sit with Zoom when time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We cannot enjoy life if we spend a lot of time worrying about what happened yesterday and what will happen tomorrow." Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    Hi friends, I have Zoom on my computers. All three computers and I like the desktop computer the best. So, I’ll be prepared to sit with Zoom when time comes.
    Thank you Tai Shi.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

I tried the FSR and the SSR. FSR went to Zoom, SSR was still in Hangouts. _()_

gassho
    doyu sat today and lah
    特別な人ではない

Both rooms are opening in Zoom. All works well for me so far.
    Thank you, Sekishi!

Gassho
    Washin
    sattoday
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Yes, SSR now working for me and looks great.

As a bonus, Zoom works with older Apple device systems, whereas Google follows Apple's lead in requiring the latest sys updates for app downloads, which kept me from being able to use the iPad as backup. Yes, that could have have been jailbroken but I was finding the instructions abstruse. This way, I can demo Treeleaf sitting to local practitioners without lugging around a laptop. _()_

gassho
    doyu sat today
    特別な人ではない

Quote Originally Posted by Doyū View Post
    Yes, SSR now working for me and looks great.

As a bonus, Zoom works with older Apple device systems, whereas Google follows Apple's lead in requiring the latest sys updates for app downloads, which kept me from being able to use the iPad as backup. Yes, that could have have been jailbroken but I was finding the instructions abstruse. This way, I can demo Treeleaf sitting to local practitioners without lugging around a laptop. _()_
    This is great news! Thank you Doyu.

I will start hosting the Sun/Mon/Thu sittings in the new system from here on out for testing (and have updated the calendar links).

See you all soon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sekishi

Missed the Euro Crew PMs yesterday but now all set up and installed on phone and tablet (x2). Not sure how the mosaic presentation will look on the phone (with small screen) so will make some comparisons with the tablets which have very different cameras, quality wise.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

I'll try the new zoom hangout thing for my Saturday 8 pm central time slot.
    SAT/LAH

My microphone still doesn't seem to be working, so I don't know when I'll be able to host the Scheduled Sitting Room next. I will order a new one, but I don't know if it is a problem with my sound card. Also, I don't know how to access the Zoom Sitting Rooms, which I understand have taken the place of the old hangouts. Where do I find directions about that? Thank you.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat

I found the link to the new Treeleaf NOW and have book marked it. Thank you.
    Last edited by Onkai; 09-22-2019 at 01:48 AM.

My new microphone is coming in on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be able to host the SSR on Wednesday morning.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat

Seeking Zazen Hangout Host Volunteers - Would You Host A Weekly Zazen Sitting?

My microphone still doesn't seem to be working, so I don't know when I'll be able to host the Scheduled Sitting Room next. I will order a new one, but I don't know if it is a problem with my sound card. Also, I don't know how to access the Zoom Sitting Rooms, which I understand have taken the place of the old hangouts. Where do I find directions about that? Thank you.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat

I found the link to the new Treeleaf NOW and have book marked it. Thank you.
    Hi Onkai,

Please feel free to continue using the Hangouts based rooms in treeleaf.org/now/ for the time being.

A few of the groups are meeting via Zoom in order beta test the new system and work out any kinks. But most Scheduled sits and meetings are happening in the usual place for a little while longer.

There will be an announcement (and instructions!) when everything is ready.

Fingers crossed for the new microphone!!!

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sekishi
    石志

I have great equipment, and Iím
    Up every morning by 4:30! Iím fully retired so I have the time for very early morning or late afternoon! US Central Time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk