Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking Zazen Hangout Host Volunteers - Would You Host A Weekly Zazen Sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousui View Post
    I would be able to host a ssr on Saturday evening at 8 pm Central US time.

SAT/LAH
    Hey there Kyousui,

That would be great if you could ... just confirm that you would like to do that and I will add you to the calendar. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Hey there Kyousui,

That would be great if you could ... just confirm that you would like to do that and I will add you to the calendar. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    I confirm I can do a hangout via the scheduled sitting room on Saturday evenings at 8pm Central time
    sat/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

I confirm I can do a hangout via the scheduled sitting room on Saturday evenings at 8pm Central time
    sat/LAH
    Wonderful, I will add you to our calendar. Thank you for making this available for others. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

sat/LAH
    Okie dokie Kyousui, you are added in for Sat 8pm CST. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

One day I would like to volunteer, not now. I recognize I am still a beginner, I need to work on my time management and sleep discipline to be confident in my responsibility as a Zazen Hangout Host Volunteer. Keeping this goal in mind, it will help me stay motivated.
    "May I be a flashlight to all beings living in life's dreary and despicable basement" - Sean C.T.

Hi! I sat with Kyousui tonight in the Scheduled Sitting Room. He led the robe verse at 9:00 and did the bells beginning the sit and ending at 9:30. It was wonderful.

For the past couple of weeks I've been sitting Monday through Friday from 9:30-10:00 am Eastern time in the Free Sitting room. I will be getting a bell on Monday afternoon. After that, I could sit in the Scheduled Sitting Room at that time (9:30-10:00 am Monday-Friday), if you are still adding to the schedule. Thank you.

Will it be a problem if once or twice every three months I cannot make it due to a doctor's appointment?

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    Last edited by Onkai; 02-17-2019 at 04:18 AM. Reason: A question added.

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

Seeking Zazen Hangout Host Volunteers - Would You Host A Weekly Zazen Sitting?

Hi Onkai,

Iím going to be traveling for a few days, but I would be glad to add this to the sitting calendar when I get back on Tuesday!

Thank you.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat

P.S. It is no problem if you are not there from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    Hi! I sat with Kyousui tonight in the Scheduled Sitting Room. He led the robe verse at 9:00 and did the bells beginning the sit and ending at 9:30. It was wonderful.

For the past couple of weeks I've been sitting Monday through Friday from 9:30-10:00 am Eastern time in the Free Sitting room. I will be getting a bell on Monday afternoon. After that, I could sit in the Scheduled Sitting Room at that time (9:30-10:00 am Monday-Friday), if you are still adding to the schedule. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    That is wonderful Onkai, thank you. I have added you too the calendar now for Monday to Friday. Have a look and let me know if there is any issues. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Will it be a problem if once or twice every three months I cannot make it due to a doctor's appointment?

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    When you can't make it, drop a note here, maybe?
    Sat/LAH

Thank you, Sekishi, Shingen, and Kyousui. I looked at the schedule. It shows me at 12:30 pm Eastern time, but I will be doing it 9:30 am Eastern time (I think that is 6:30 am Pacific time).

Kyousui, I won't be able to do it on Friday, March 22. I hope this notice isn't too far in advance.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat

Thank you, Sekishi, Shingen, and Kyousui. I looked at the schedule. It shows me at 12:30 pm Eastern time, but I will be doing it 9:30 am Eastern time (I think that is 6:30 am Pacific time).

Kyousui, I won't be able to do it on Friday, March 22. I hope this notice isn't too far in advance.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    Hey Onkai,

Sorry about that, all fixed now. It was because I am in the PST time zone, so it placed it there. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Thank you, Shingen.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat

Thank you, Shingen.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    Your welcome .... thanks for hosting. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

There will be no visible sitting in the scheduled sitting room on Saturday 2/23/19 at 8pm CST
    Sa/LAH

So will there be a centralized timetable for sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So will there be a centralized timetable for sitting?
    Check out the calendar and see if there is one during your time zone or close to it. =)

Zazen Calendar: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Will be on retreat over the weekend of May 16 -19 2019 so may not be available to host my usual 8pm central time slot in the scheduled sitting room.

Sat/lah

My weekly zazen is off tonight; my family and self are going to the mat with strep throat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shujin View Post
    My weekly zazen is off tonight; my family and self are going to the mat with strep throat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Metta for the healthiness of your family and you.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE