Thread: Help Needed in Southern Missouri

Help Needed in Southern Missouri

Good evening, Treeleaf!

Please let me know if this is the wrong place for this and I will be happy to move it.

I'm currently working with a friend from Kansas City to put together a group of volunteers to help with clean-up and physical aid in a couple of towns in Southern Missouri. The towns of Eminence and Van Buren have been hit with unprecedented flooding over the last few weeks that has devastated these two communities. Many people have been displaced from their homes and have lost their places of employment and, unfortunately, are due to get even more rain over the next four days.

Our goal is to spend next weekend helping with tearing down the damaged homes so that they can start to rebuild. There is also a lot of general clean-up to do as well as helping to locate shelter for people and anything else we can do to support these communities.

If anyone is interested in coming to help, please contact me. My email address is thepclark@gmail.com and my phone number is 815-545-5608. You don't necessarily have to be a contractor or tradesman. Willing hands and hearts are more than enough.

Thank you for reading,

Gassho,

Paul

Sat tonight

Thank you, Paul.

I wish I was there to help myself.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hello Paul,

This sounds like a great project. I wish you all the best success and wish I could be there to help ... guess I will be there in spirit. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Hi Paul,

All I can offer is a willing heart and a dedicated sit. But it's good to know that you are marshaling the many hands and eyes of Avalokiteshvara. I wish you the best of luck in your compassionate endeavor and I hope you are able to get some "boots on the ground" in Missouri to offer relief for those who are suffering from the effects of the flooding.

Gassho,
    Hōkō
    #SatToday
    LAH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Thank you Paul,

I'm a graphic designer. Please let me know if you need an ad or a poster to call for help. I'd love to help.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you all, so very much, for your kind words. I know it's going to be a long process of making it right for them, but it's time we'll spent. We will do all we can.

Gassho
    Paul

Sat today LAH!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Thank you Paul,

I'm a graphic designer. Please let me know if you need an ad or a poster to call for help. I'd love to help.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Kyonin, thank you, very much, for your kind offer. I will pass it on to the organizer and let you know.

Gassho
    Paul

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I wish I were there as well. We had a similar situation here a few years ago after hurricane Irene. Thank you for helping!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).