Thread: SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: The Treeleaf LEND-A-HAND ('LAH') Project ... WE NEED YOU!

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: The Treeleaf LEND-A-HAND ('LAH') Project ... WE NEED YOU!

Calling on All Treeleafers ... WE NEED YOU!

We are calling on ALL of our Treeleaf Members and friends to Vow to undertake one extra, special 'Good Deed' each day (besides all the Good you already do!) and dedicate this to our Sangha.

MORE DETAILS AT THE FOLLOWING LINK (including information on placing 'LAH' on all our posts and writings ...

This is a manifestation of our Shikantaza Practice out in this world, this is a Community Project together. We recall especially that Mahayana Buddhism that is actually not about us at all, but is always dedicated to the world. We sit for the world, we act for the world and others. So, this is just another form of Shikantaza, like Chanting Metta ... it is Metta in Action. Like placing an offering on the Altar, this is making small offerings to the Altar which is the world. Like working in Samu to pick weeds or cook, or eating Oryoki, this is working to pick a few weeds in our town, to feed others as we feed ourselves.

We do not need personal credit. In fact, in traditional Buddhist belief it is the GIVER who is indebted to the RECIPIENT for an opportunity of merit, as much as the other way around. We try not to be too proud or take too much credit, but it is okay to feel good about it too. Giver, Gift and Receiver are truly one.

One can speak about what is done, but ANONYMOUSLY, in a way primarily to inspire others without our names being linked. We ask folks, from time to time, to tell stories of deeds through our anonymous Gojo Bodhisattva system (email stories to gojo@treeleaf.org ) where only the ombudsman will know the sender, and will publish free of names and keep it all secret (we are looking for a system where even the ombudsman will not know). It is wonderful to feel joyful for doing good, but at the same time we learn not to be prideful or to overly pat ourselves on the back. We learn that the whole world supports each other.

So, now is the time to join in. This is also a facet of our Daily Practice. There is no penalty for not joining in, and all is purely voluntary ... yet by not joining in there will be a small loss to our communities, our world, to you.

Please let me now introduce The Treeleaf LEND-A-HAND ('LAH') Project ... WE NEED YOU!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

Last edited by Jundo; 05-19-2017 at 05:15 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you for this wonderful activity. I'm happy to be on board!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    SatToday/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Yes, this is a wonderful activity indeed, thank you Jundo ... I am happy to be part of "Lend a Hand"! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Inspiring talk, thank you Jundo.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat/lah

Ansan
    Lovely talk. Thank you Jundo

Ansan
    SatToday/LAH

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho
    Marcus

SatToday/LAH

Now how could anyone say no to that??

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the talk, Jundo

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/LAH

Thank you for this. Lovely and inspiring talk

Gassho,
    Taiyo

SatTodayLAH
    太 Tai (Great)
    陽 Yō (Sun)

Yes I have a heart, LAH std Tai Shi Gassho

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

I'm so happy, I know I make a difference for folks with mental illness, older folks, my wife, people at my senior center, folks I greet everyday Thanks Gassho Tai Shi std LAH thankfully Jundo

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    You can now listen to this talk on the podcast: https://treeleaf.podbean.com/e/may-2...t-we-need-you/

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Hahaha, Jundo is so funny.

Gassho
    SatToday, Lah
    Geerish.