Submitted for discussion

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-a...ustomers-order

Gassho
    Sat
    Marc Connery
    明岩
    Myo̅ Gan - Bright Cliff

I put the Monkey in Monkeymind

Yes, in Japan, most folks contact Buddhism by funeral, memorial services and like service for ancestors. When many folks leave their hometown and move to the city, they lose connection to a particular hometown temple. So, they might as well order these services generically through a service since they don't feel connection to a particular temple or priests.

The negative effect is that a major source of income for the support and maintenance of temples was donations for these ceremonies, and now it is being taken over by large corporate dispatch services! What Amazon did to the small local bookstore, now might happen to the small local temple/

As a side note, I often say that, one reason that I have trouble to attract more local Japanese folks to our weekly Zazenkai is because Buddhism here is so wrapped up with the image of funerals, and Zazen with pain. I might as well tell Japanese folks, "come to our nice funeral and be in pain!). If I took the Buddhism out of our Zazen name, we might actually attract more folks!!

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Jundo, don't worry, TOMORROW, changing will, for cremation ceremony, you can come via Skype to my wife and daughter, and then they can pay you, AH so much pain tonight. So compassion is in order, raised my donation recently, All is good, others will follow my lead--please let us know what you need!

Tai Shi
    std
    Gassho
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    Jundo, don't worry, TOMORROW, changing will, for cremation ceremony, you can come via Skype to my wife and daughter, and then they can pay you,
    Hopefully, by the time you kick the bucket we will have transporters like on Star Trek!

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE