Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Music

  1. #1

    Music

    First of all, this looked like the correct place on this forum for a thread like this. If it is not, I Appoligize.

    Music is a large part of my life (listening not playing). I am hoping this thread will become a place to share our favorite music and introduce others to the artists.

    I will start. Trevor Hall is my favorite artist currently. He is a Buddhist/Hindu practitioner and you can tell it influences his music. At his last concert in Boston a local Llama came to bless the stage before the performance started. It was a surreal moment.

    Below is the music video for KALA.




    "Polish the mirror so we can see clearer. Push back the clouds and reflect love."
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anka; 04-01-2017 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added lyrics

  2. #2

  3. #3
    For some reason I am unable to watch any of the above videos except "Imagine," which is the best song ever so... yeah. Lol! Jishin beat me to it!

    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

  4. #4

    Music



    Enlightenment
    Van Morrison
    Lyrics

    Chop that wood
    Carry water
    What's the sound of one hand clapping
    Enlightenment, don't know what it is
    Every second, every minute
    It keeps changing to something different
    Enlightenment, don't know what it is
    Enlightenment, don't know what it is
    It says it's non attachment
    Non attachment. Non attachment
    I'm in the here and now, and I'm meditating
    And still I'm suffering but that's my problem
    Enlightenment, don't know what it is
    Wake up
    Enlightenment says the world is nothing
    Nothing but a dream, everything's an illusion
    And nothing is real
    Good or bad, baby
    You can change it anyway you want
    You can rearrange it
    Enlightenment, don't know what it is
    Chop that wood and carry water
    What's the sound of one hand clapping
    Enlightenment, don't you know what it is

    Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_
    Last edited by Jishin; 04-01-2017 at 11:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Yes, this is a great place for such a thread. Thank you for starting it.

    Gassho
    Daizan

    sat today

  6. #6
    Treeleaf Unsui Geika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego County, California
    Enjoy the Silence is an all time favorite of mine!

    Gassho, sat today

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

  7. #7



    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  8. #8


    One of my favorite bands. Music is very mellow and contemplative.

    Gassho, Kyotai
    ST LAH

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I am a student at Treeleaf. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. Gassho

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyotai View Post


    One of my favorite bands. Music is very mellow and contemplative.

    Gassho, Kyotai
    ST LAH

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Very nice Kyotai ... I like it. =)

    I also have this saved and love just hearing it. Even though flames have a visual component, I actually prefer the audio ... just close your eyes and just listen. =)



    Gassho
    Shingen

    SatToday/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Very nice Kyotai ... I like it. =)

    I also have this saved and love just hearing it. Even though flames have a visual component, I actually prefer the audio ... just close your eyes and just listen. =)



    Gassho
    Shingen

    SatToday/LAH
    Not fair, mine is only 10 minutes! Luckily I think I know how yours will end.

    Gassho, Kyotai
    ST LAH

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I am a student at Treeleaf. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. Gassho

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyotai View Post
    Not fair, mine is only 10 minutes! Luckily I think I know how yours will end.

    Gassho, Kyotai
    ST LAH

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    You are feeling sleepy .... sleepy ... LOL

    Gassho
    Shingen

    SatToday/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  12. #12
    Joyo
    Guest
    Hey I've done that yoga workout many times, Anka =)

    I enjoy the "music" of silence. It doesn't happen very often with two loud kids so I savour every minute.

    Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat toda/lah

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Hey I've done that yoga workout many times, Anka =)

    I enjoy the "music" of silence. It doesn't happen very often with two loud kids so I savour every minute.

    Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat toda/lah
    what is this silence you speak of.. lol

    Gassho, Kyotai
    ST LAH

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I am a student at Treeleaf. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. Gassho

  14. #14
    Joyo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyotai View Post
    what is this silence you speak of.. lol

    Gassho, Kyotai
    ST LAH

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I don't know, it's so rare. Apparently it happens when they grow up??? lol

    I grew up on a ranch, this song brings back memories of my childhood: chasing cattle, ear tagging and feeding calves, and of course, many many many hours riding horses!!



    Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today/lah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •