Thread: Spring is coming.

Spring is coming.

Sorry it has been awhile. Spring is coming back to Montana slowly and winter is holding on grudgingly. So that means back to work pulling people's pump, fixing them, stuffing them back down the hole or drilling new water wells so people can have a drink and a shower now and then.

I have been asked or rather been requested to do hiking meditation retreats, 3 to 6 over the spring, summer and autumn here in Montana. Was wondering if anyone had any advice? This has been most of my life experience is meditation in nature, but thought I would ask.

Also later this year I will be taking a month to attend a Chan Buddhist retreat.

Just thought I would stop in for some advice and to say yes I am still very alive.

Gassho
    拡手

Sattoday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't have any advice, but I do want to say hello, and also, the hikes and the retreat sound really nice.

Gassho, sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Hi Koushu,

It all sounds very interesting and thank you for telling us. Let us know about your Chan Buddhist retreat experience after it is done too.

A pump hole digging retreat might be interesting.

My only advice is to be good to people, be helpful to their practice and keep them physically safe.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho Jundo Sensei.

I will keep those in my charge safe and hope to have a most enlightening.

Gassho
    拡手

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

May I ask who suggested that you do this, his or her name?

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Hello Koushu,

I don't have any advice on a hiking meditation retreats ... I do know that nature is a wonderful place to go and take a break from our busy lives. But do be careful when out there, even though it is tranquil and beautiful, it too can be dangerous. Also have a good time at your Chan retreat, let us know how it goes.

Here is me out on a nature retreat. =)

forbidden-103.jpg

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Enjoy your hiking retreats. Sounds like fun.

SAT today

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Quote Originally Posted by Koushu View Post
    Sorry it has been awhile. Spring is coming back to Montana slowly and winter is holding on grudgingly.

Also later this year I will be taking a month to attend a Chan Buddhist retreat.

Just thought I would stop in for some advice and to say yes I am still very alive.
    I attended a five night Western Chan Retreat a few years ago at Maenllwyd in Wales. A fascinating experience.

I will be interested to hear how you find the one you attend.

dave _(|)_

Satoday.