Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stories of Compassion and Kindness - GOJO BODHISATTVA

Had two opportunities to LAH at work today in a row... took in a kitty whose owner was going to euthanize, I think he was not permitted to treat the cat’s diabetic condition by his fiancé... he was sobbing in grief and then it turned to gratitude when I asked if he wanted to sign the cat over. (Anyone want a totally awesome orange cat? I’m hoping he won’t be diabetic for long!)

Second was a poor lady who couldn’t catch her sick cat to bring it in. I Was able to listen to her currently difficult situation, and help her formulate a plan to get the kitty in. Also many tears of gratitude.

All of you are there with me lifting me up so I can help these folks, seriously. It’s a very real sense of paying it forward. Metta works!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    Had two opportunities to LAH at work today in a row... took in a kitty whose owner was going to euthanize, I think he was not permitted to treat the cat’s diabetic condition by his fiancé... he was sobbing in grief and then it turned to gratitude when I asked if he wanted to sign the cat over. (Anyone want a totally awesome orange cat? I’m hoping he won’t be diabetic for long!)

Second was a poor lady who couldn’t catch her sick cat to bring it in. I Was able to listen to her currently difficult situation, and help her formulate a plan to get the kitty in. Also many tears of gratitude.

All of you are there with me lifting me up so I can help these folks, seriously. It’s a very real sense of paying it forward. Metta works!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Deep bows

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Hi all,

I have a little compassion story I want to share. Some of you may not know, but Treeleaf has a little sister sangha in Spanish called Grupo Zen Ryokan. There I do the best I can to teach people what little I know about our practice. We sit zazen, we gather every Sunday in the city and on line and the group is growing a little every week.

Yesterday a sangha member, Bere (she is a nurse), called me to tell me there was this gentleman who was suffering of mobility problems. His name is Bernardo. Diabetes took his health and a leg and is confined to a wheelchair. The problem is that he is very poor and had to rescue a wheelchair from the garbage and tried to repair it.

The chair was in really bad conditions. Instead of seat it had a plain wood board. Instead of feet rests, it had some rope and same for the back. The chair was killing his back and kidneys.

Being a nurse, Bere knows how bad it gets for patients when a chair is in this bad shape. So we both started to gather resources to get Bernardo a new chair.

After sending my donation (as much as I could) I wrote a post on my blog and asked the sangha and readers for a little donation. Also posted on Twitter and Facebook.

A few minutes later Bere’s phone went crazy with all the money transfers alerts!

In just 2 hours we got the money to get a new chair. Not only that, but we got a little extra to get a better one!

We stopped taking donations and Bere went to buy the new chair. By the afternoon Bernardo was rolling on his brand new and comfortable wheelchair.

He and his family were in tears and couldn’t speak at all. They were just smiling and crying. Bere and me were too.

Here is Don Bernardo (Don means something like Venerable Elder) with his new wheels.

And here he says: “Greetings to everyone who helped me and gave me this chair. Thank you. With all my heart thank you”.

I wanted to share this because to me this is proof that Kanzeon is real. A thousand arms, a thousand beings helping each other without questions, without asking for anything in return.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hi all,

I have a little compassion story I want to share. Some of you may not know, but Treeleaf has a little sister sangha in Spanish called Grupo Zen Ryokan. There I do the best I can to teach people what little I know about our practice. We sit zazen, we gather every Sunday in the city and on line and the group is growing a little every week.

Yesterday a sangha member, Bere (she is a nurse), called me to tell me there was this gentleman who was suffering of mobility problems. His name is Bernardo. Diabetes took his health and a leg and is confined to a wheelchair. The problem is that he is very poor and had to rescue a wheelchair from the garbage and tried to repair it.

The chair was in really bad conditions. Instead of seat it had a plain wood board. Instead of feet rests, it had some rope and same for the back. The chair was killing his back and kidneys.

Being a nurse, Bere knows how bad it gets for patients when a chair is in this bad shape. So we both started to gather resources to get Bernardo a new chair.

After sending my donation (as much as I could) I wrote a post on my blog and asked the sangha and readers for a little donation. Also posted on Twitter and Facebook.

A few minutes later Bere’s phone went crazy with all the money transfers alerts!

In just 2 hours we got the money to get a new chair. Not only that, but we got a little extra to get a better one!

We stopped taking donations and Bere went to buy the new chair. By the afternoon Bernardo was rolling on his brand new and comfortable wheelchair.

He and his family were in tears and couldn’t speak at all. They were just smiling and crying. Bere and me were too.

Here is Don Bernardo (Don means something like Venerable Elder) with his new wheels.

And here he says: “Greetings to everyone who helped me and gave me this chair. Thank you. With all my heart thank you”.

I wanted to share this because to me this is proof that Kanzeon is real. A thousand arms, a thousand beings helping each other without questions, without asking for anything in return.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Thank you for sharing Kyonin. That is a wonderful story. Thanks too for all you do.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.

Deep bows to Don Bernardo and all who helped him get his wheels! That’s just wonderful
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

Lovely Kyonin. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Deep Bows.

Shugen

Sattoday/LAH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Kyonin,

I think my favorite part of that story is that when Bere saw something that needed to be fixed. And although she couldn't fix it alone, reaching out allowed everyone to help and before you knew it there was a solution.

The thousands hands all reaching out together. So wonderful!

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat+lah
    香道 笑花
    Kodo Shoka

Please don't take anything I say as anything more than just a normal person's thoughts on the topic. I'm just stumbling through life trying to be helpful, but really don't know much.

You're all good people, Kyonin. Bodhisattva work.

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Kyonin;
    That is wonderful. I just went through the process of selecting and getting a chair for Doreen. That is one good looking chair Don Bernardo has, congratulations'

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

Hey everyone,

Over the pass few weeks I have been trying to sell some old backpacking gear which I won't use anymore. I'm fairly lazy when it comes to selling used stuff because I just don't have the time to keep posting and replying to people. So I sort of gave up about a week or so ago. The gear was going to sit unused until I figured out somewhere it could go and be useful.

Today my sister messaged me a post from a women's hiking group. One of the members was looking at used gear and wanted people's opinions on what she had found and if it was worth the price. She stated that she really wanted to start backpacking because hiking and being outdoors is helping her recover from an abusive relationship, but new gear is very expensive and she is now a single mom.

I messaged right away to tell her I had gear and if it worked for her, she could have it. Ironically we both work in the same area... so in the huge area that is greater LA we are only miles apart everyday. Fingers crossed that the gear works for her.

The really important thing about this occurrence to me is the action my sister took. Had she not notified me of the post, I probably would have missed it because several hours from now it would have been buried by other things. You can't always do something yourself, but maybe you can reach out to someone else who can help.

Gassho,
    Shoka
    sat+lah
    香道 笑花
    Kodo Shoka

Please don't take anything I say as anything more than just a normal person's thoughts on the topic. I'm just stumbling through life trying to be helpful, but really don't know much.

Happy accidents! There's a lot of them in life. Funny how things line up in improbable ways. I'm not superstitious, but sometimes it feels like the universe looks out for us sometimes. And even if it's coincidence, thank goodness it happens! I'm sure that lady is feeling quite lucky and cared for.

Well done.

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.