Thread: February 17 - Random Acts of Kindness Day

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

February 17 - Random Acts of Kindness Day

Today (February 17) is known as National Random Act of Kindness Day in the United States (and maybe elsewhere). I was tickled to see that today on Twitter, one of the trending hashtags is #RandomActsofKindnessDay:
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/RandomActsOfKindnessDay

A nice list of ideas for how you can celebrate this lovely little holiday:
    http://blog.magickitchen.com/2017/02...-kindness-day/

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you for letting us know, Sekishi. I will be on the lookout for opportunities to practice this.

Gassho, sat today
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thank you Sekishi .. =)

But is everyday, every moment, not Random Act of Kindness Day and Moment? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    But is everyday, every moment, not Random Act of Kindness Day and Moment? Sorry, couldn't resist.
    True dat. And yet, we can see that every day is the Buddha's enlightenment, but we still pick a day and celebrate.

Mayu, Zen master Baoche, was fanning himself. A monk approached and said, “Master, the nature of wind is permanent and there is no place it does not reach. Why, then, do you fan yourself?”
    “Although you understand that the nature of the wind is permanent,” Mayu replied, “you do not understand the meaning of its reaching everywhere.”
    “What is the meaning of its reaching everywhere?” asked the monk again. Mayu just kept fanning himself. The monk bowed deeply.

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    True dat. And yet, we can see that every day is the Buddha's enlightenment, but we still pick a day and celebrate.

Mayu, Zen master Baoche, was fanning himself. A monk approached and said, “Master, the nature of wind is permanent and there is no place it does not reach. Why, then, do you fan yourself?”
    “Although you understand that the nature of the wind is permanent,” Mayu replied, “you do not understand the meaning of its reaching everywhere.”
    “What is the meaning of its reaching everywhere?” asked the monk again. Mayu just kept fanning himself. The monk bowed deeply.

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    Oh yes, I also agree! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Nice! I'll do something kind before the day is out.
    Thanks for sharing!

BTW, combination Gassho/High Five for appropriate koan use.

Gassho,
    Hoko
    #SatToday
    法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Thank you for the links, Sekishi

PS. It's supposed to be international since they mentioned the Day of Kindness here too

Gassho,
    Washin
    sattoday

Thank you Sekishi.

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST
    I am a student at Treeleaf. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. Gassho

Each and every day.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE