Thread: Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Back from a Rohatsu Pilgrimage to India - Nothing Found

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Back from a Rohatsu Pilgrimage to India - Nothing Found

... Nothing found or, better said, nothing found that is not right where we sit every day, right where you are now, all along.

I sat under the Bodhi Tree in Bodhgaya, where the Buddha awakened ... I sat on Vulture Peak, in Lumbini and Kushinagara, in the Deer Park and Jetta's Grove ...

... but we can awaken right here there and everywhere this Rohatsu ... for the ground where I sat is the same ground, and a moment of Zazen is a moment of Zazen.

Oh, I found sacred and wondrous places, filled with wisdom and special power ... but so is every step we take all through our day when our eyes are awake.

In India, I saw all the beauty and ugliness of Samsara (oh, so extreme there) ... yet the Buddha knew the Light which shines through all Samsara ... shining All Around.

I found priests and pilgrim's from many lands ... the ruins and relics of old temples and monasteries stretching back thousands of years ... but what are we all searching for that is hidden from us here and now? Where was Buddha born or enlightened but right where we sit?

As Master Dogen taught in Fukanzazengi ...

In general, in our world and others, in both India and China, all equally hold the buddha-seal. ...
    Why leave behind the seat in your own home to wander in vain through the dusty realms of other lands?
    If you make one misstep, you stumble past what is directly in front of you.

And if you do not have a Rohatsu Retreat to attend this week, or find that you cannot due to work, childcare and family needs, location and the like, consider to sit with our 'ALWAYS AT HOME' Two Day 'ALL ONLINE' ROHATSU RETREAT to be LIVE NETCAST for to you this upcoming weekend of Saturday & Sunday, December 10th and 11th, 2016. The retreat is designed to be sat in any time zone around the world, and one may still join the Retreat and sit-a-long at ANY AND ALL TIME after, by the real time recorded version (no different from the original!). The two days will include Zazen sitting, Kinhin, Chanting, Zazen sitting, Oryoki, Zazen sitting, Bowing, Talks, Zazen Sitting, 'Samu' Work Practice, and More Zazen Sitting, as in any Soto Zen Retreat, all in celebration of the Buddha's days of Zazen and Enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree.

Please have a look:

Last edited by Jundo; 12-15-2016 at 01:27 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Really lovely Jundo. Thank you for sharing the nothing that you found.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi

#sattoday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Here and now.
    Thank you Jundo.

Gassho,
    Kotei sattoday.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you, Jundo

Gassho,
    Andoitz.

SatToday.
    太 Tai (Great)
    陽 Yō (Sun)

Lovely! Good to have you back, Jundo.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Back from a Rohatsu Pilgrimage to India - Nothing Found

I would never go on a trip like this unless I found Buddha himself singing this tune at the Bodhi tree:

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_
    Last edited by Jishin; 12-08-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Mp
    This is beautiful Jundo, thank you for sharing, thank you for bringing us along. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Eishuu
    Thank you!

Gassho
    Lucy
    Sat today

As I sit here in my desk I wonder the many ways the dharma flows through and through.

The Bodhi Tree is there. Here and nowhere.

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thanks, Jundo. Glad you are back.

Gassho,
    Matt
    #SatToday

Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday

Thank you Jundo, I found this very inspiring, just what I needed !
    Gassho
    Marina
    will sit soon
    柔 Jyū flexible
    活 Katsu energetic

Good to see you again Jundo. You came back healthy.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Gassho

Floris

Sat today

Thanks for sharing your pilgrimage.

Doshin
    Sattoday

Ansan
    Thank you, Jundo,
    Glad you are back
    Gassho
    Ansan

SatToday

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
    -Deirdre
    sat2day

Kyotai
    Wonderful. Thank you Jundo.

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

A lovely teaching. Gassho Heisoku. Sat today.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Welcome home,
    Thanks for sharing what you found on your journey.

Gassho,
    Seido
    SatToday
    The strength and beneficence of the soft and yielding.
    Water achieves clarity through stillness.