Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 151 to 163 of 163

Thread: Zazen for Beginners Series: THREAD for QUESTIONS, COMMENTS

  1. #151
    Just watched first video for beginners. The best explanation/demonstration of what meditation is all about that I have ever heard.
    Thank You.

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrew View Post
    Just watched first video for beginners. The best explanation/demonstration of what meditation is all about that I have ever heard.
    Thank You.
    It is all downhill from there!

    Gassho J

    StLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  3. #153
    Thank you so much for this teaching series! I'm on either 5 or 6 and find them both informative and also rather entertaining! Well thought out and the message sticks! I look forward to learning with you all and sitting together!

  4. #154
    Just finished the Beginnerís Series. Iíve sat everyday since I joined Treeleaf in January, but not everyday Iíve watched and read the series (sometimes I forgot, sometimes I was in a hurry so just sat).
    Thank you for this, Jundo. I second Landrew: it is the best explanation of zazen Iíve encountered.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat today

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by mateus.baldin View Post
    Just finished the Beginner’s Series.
    Of course, being a "beginner" never ends on this Path too, even when we are very very experienced and no longer a "beginner" at all ...

    ... and also being a "no beginner no ender" never ends, of begins for that matter. (A Koan)

    Gassho, J

    STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  6. #156
    Hello all! I do have a question about my home "Zendo."

    I do not have a room I can dedicate fully to my Zen practice. I kind of just use a small area in a corner of my den. Unfortunately it is a bit messy in there as we haven't been able to find good places yet to get everything unpacked and cleaned up, so this makes for even less space. When I walk around the contour of the room, does this even include walking around the contour left by the current cluttered state of the room?

    Also, a question about my zafu. My zafu doesn't have its own place where it stays. For now I keep it under my altar table so my cat can't lay on it or puke on it. I also hope this will keep the dog from peeing on it if the dog is misbehaving. That said, will this be ok, or will I have to adjust that? I tend to either sit in front of my altar or I move the zafu to a blank wall and then sit. Are there any suggestions for how I could do this in a more proper way, taking my situation into account?

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Hello all! I do have a question about my home "Zendo."

    I do not have a room I can dedicate fully to my Zen practice. I kind of just use a small area in a corner of my den. Unfortunately it is a bit messy in there as we haven't been able to find good places yet to get everything unpacked and cleaned up, so this makes for even less space. When I walk around the contour of the room, does this even include walking around the contour left by the current cluttered state of the room?

    Also, a question about my zafu. My zafu doesn't have its own place where it stays. For now I keep it under my altar table so my cat can't lay on it or puke on it. I also hope this will keep the dog from peeing on it if the dog is misbehaving. That said, will this be ok, or will I have to adjust that? I tend to either sit in front of my altar or I move the zafu to a blank wall and then sit. Are there any suggestions for how I could do this in a more proper way, taking my situation into account?
    Hey Victor,

    When you walk around the clutter, when you walk around the contour of the tiny room, you are walking around the universe. We practice in all areas of life, whether big or small, it is all good practice. =)

    As for the zafu, life can brings ups and downs; accidents and the like ... even to our zafus. But we do try our best to take care and maintain them as best we can. Where ever you sit, that is the place for your zafu. In time you will have a dedicated place, but if in the meantime you need to move it about to care for it ... that is all good. =)

    Gassho
    Shingen

    Sat/LAH
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

  8. #158
    Thank you so much! I will remember it!

    Gassho

  9. #159
    Today, I started putting insta-zazen into practice. It is simultaneously simple and difficult for sure! I tried maintaining the state of zazen while washing dishes. It worked well for a while, until life started happening and my wife and daughter started asking me for things :P

    Such is life, and the value of this practice is not at all diminished
    "Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train"-Ueshiba Morihei

  10. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Of course, being a "beginner" never ends on this Path too, even when we are very very experienced and no longer a "beginner" at all ...

    ... and also being a "no beginner no ender" never ends, of begins for that matter. (A Koan)

    Gassho, J

    STLah

    Mateus
    Sat today/LAH

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Today, I started putting insta-zazen into practice. It is simultaneously simple and difficult for sure! I tried maintaining the state of zazen while washing dishes. It worked well for a while, until life started happening and my wife and daughter started asking me for things :P

    Such is life, and the value of this practice is not at all diminished
    Life happening and your wife and daughter asking for things --is-- Shikantaza too. Why is such moment different from sitting or washing dishes?

    We sit each day facing a wall to realize such fact.

    (That is also the reason I banged a big "disturbing" gong during last weekend's Zazenkai .... Have a listen (59:00 mark) ...



    Gassho, J

    SYLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  12. #162
    Hi everyone, I just watched the talk "Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (6)" and I think it is the most important point ever: I always thought Buddhism as a passive religion and never fully agree because I think we should act to improve our own situation and the world. But now I finally understand !!! I have read dozens of books on Zen but never saw/understood this point. I thank you very much for Mr. Jundo and the sangha for this teaching. It changed me.

  13. #163
    I want to thank you again, Jundo-sensei. These lessons have been a blessing for me. I finally saw the final video today and will definitely review them all from time to time as solid reminders!
    "Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train"-Ueshiba Morihei

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •