Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Zazen for Beginners Series: THREAD for QUESTIONS, COMMENTS

Thank you, Jundo. This is the third time I've done this series since coming to Treeleaf in 2014. Each time is deeper. Please allow me to encourage other perpetual beginners to drop by.

Gassho
    Meishin
    stlah

I too am enjoying these sit-a-long videos, I'm up to about video 12 at the moment. I keep coming back to video 5, 'the goal is in each step' - I love that. I've reminded myself of it a few times while sitting and found it helpful... although, I find it tricky to balance the idea of a reminder thought being helpful while I am shifting my focus away from thoughts.

Gassho, Charity
    sat today

Quote Originally Posted by coriander View Post
    I too am enjoying these sit-a-long videos, I'm up to about video 12 at the moment. I keep coming back to video 5, 'the goal is in each step' - I love that. I've reminded myself of it a few times while sitting and found it helpful... although, I find it tricky to balance the idea of a reminder thought being helpful while I am shifting my focus away from thoughts.

Gassho, Charity
    sat today
    Don't try to shift from thoughts, nor run toward thoughts and grab on while getting tangled in them. Just leave them be without wallowing in them.

It is fine to remind yourself of "just this place" from time to time too, then let that thought go as well.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Don't try to shift from thoughts, nor run toward thoughts and grab on while getting tangled in them. Just leave them be without wallowing in them.
    Thank you, that was very helpful for me when sitting this morning. The thoughts are part of what is, so I leave them be, like with the mirror.

Gassho,
    Charity
    sat today

Quote Originally Posted by coriander View Post
    ... The thoughts are part of what is, so I leave them be, like with the mirror.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456